XPO | This Year's Benefit Options

I can't speak for UN, but I think it's funny. Despite having a contract, the union members have lost just as much if not more then the non union drivers. It's all part of the bill of goods (lies) they're trying to sell us.
And the Union drivers claim that their work rules are so much better than the non union shops, but just go read their posts on their forums and all that you read is bitching and complaining about how their work rules being violated.
WTH?

They keep claiming that the union has such a great product to offer, yet their own words show that their product is defunct.

And the Union drivers claim that their work rules are so much better than the non union shops, but just go read their posts on their forums and all that you read is bitching and complaining about how their work rules being violated.
WTH?

They keep claiming that the union has such a great product to offer, yet their own words show that their product is defunct.
Like I said, it's a bill of goods (lies) they're trying to sell us so we can help subsidize their sinking ship. If the product was as good as they say, they wouldn't have to sell it.

WTH?

That's because the union can't afford to have another union LTL company close their doors.

I worked non for my entire driving career until this year. I'm not in ltl anymore but the bennies alone made the decision easy for me. I remember Conway and many others of 20 years ago. It's sad to see where this industry is today.
Where are you now? Why go there? What's better about it?

Where are you now? Why go there? What's better about it?
Sysco. No deductible health insurance and 3 weeks vacation after 3 years and 7 sick days a year. 5 weeks vacation at 15 years. I have a 4 day work week. Overtime after 10 or 40 on 4 day bid. Matching 401k that's matched weekly and 3% enhanced contribution once a year. Discounted stock purchase plan. My favorite is if you put in 15 years you get $500 a month when you retire to help pay for insurance.

Forgot to add I get a paid 15 min break every 2 hours excluding lunch and get reimbursed up to $6 a day for lunch when I turn in the receipt. Much better than when I was at SEFL and they printed up letters for us to mail (all we had to do is sign) saying how the 30 minute break rule before our 8th hour would have been a burden.

Sysco. No deductible health insurance and 3 weeks vacation after 3 years and 7 sick days a year. 5 weeks vacation at 15 years. I have a 4 day work week. Overtime after 10 or 40 on 4 day bid. Matching 401k that's matched weekly and 3% enhanced contribution once a year. Discounted stock purchase plan. My favorite is if you put in 15 years you get $500 a month when you retire to help pay for insurance.
How hard do you work? And , is this a union shop?

WTH?

Do we bitch and complain? Of course we do, we are truck drivers! But we also file grievances, and that my friend solves the problem when there is a contractual violation. And when you here a union driver say " i filed a grievance and the union didnt do ::shit::", they 99% of the time are not telling you what kind of dumb ::shit:: they did or the fact that what happened wasnt a contractual violation after all, or that they waived their weingarten rights ( to all that dont know what those are please google it or i will be glad to explain) and said too much to management. Management is the same all over, they will try anything to get away with something, in our case they just hope nobody is paying attention or the worker doesnt understand their contractual rights. On the non union side, the company doesnt care, they can do anything they want again and again with no recourse from the workers.

Do we bitch and complain? Of course we do, we are truck drivers! But we also file grievances, and that my friend solves the problem when there is a contractual violation. And when you here a union driver say " i filed a grievance and the union didnt do :::shit:::", they 99% of the time are not telling you what kind of dumb :::shit::: they did or the fact that what happened wasnt a contractual violation after all, or that they waived their weingarten rights ( to all that dont know what those are please google it or i will be glad to explain) and said too much to management. Management is the same all over, they will try anything to get away with something, in our case they just hope nobody is paying attention or the worker doesnt understand their contractual rights. On the non union side, the company doesnt care, they can do anything they want again and again with no recourse from the workers.
Your union "chain" is only as strong as the weakest link. Union executives are not focused on freight/LTL. Their eyes are on the government and UPS - that's where the money is ( as far as union management is concerned )

Management is the same all over, they will try anything to get away with something, in our case they just hope nobody is paying attention or the worker doesnt understand their contractual rights. On the non union side, the company doesnt care, they can do anything they want again and again with no recourse from the workers.
What recourse do the union guys have over lost pay, pension and benefits?

What recourse do the union guys have over lost pay, pension and benefits?
Pension not much. That's out of everyone's reach. Pay is negotiated in the contract. If your owed time they will pay. Benefits are negotiated as well in the contract.