ODFL | Thought Yall Would Like To See This Video

hey if you listen to it again we are the stock to buy!!! we are the company with a lot of growth potential and we have a non union work force going for us as well!! the future may look brighter for us more then we really know right now!!!

thats the reason i quit the OD
your growth and labor issues
i was working 65 70 hours per
week all for straight time!!!
i perfer less hours and when they need me for more then that time will cost more,
i like being home with the kids at this point in my life.

good luck to you all.:smilie_132:

According to the video..OD has 2% market share of the LTL market. That means 98% is controlled by everyone else in LTL. Last month, Traffic World reported that YRC Worldwide controls 26% of the LTL market, and DUH !, they include 4 union carriers.

Industry standards are that overtime is paid after 8 hours work a day or after 40 hours in a week....From the OD drivers that I meet on the street I hear that they are paid O/T after 60 hours work.

In watching this video it appears that OD is becoming an industry leaded. Since they are doing so well why don't they reward their hard working employees by bringing their pay rates up to the standards of the other major trucking companies?

Industry standards are that overtime is paid after 8 hours work a day or after 40 hours in a week....From the OD drivers that I meet on the street I hear that they are paid O/T after 60 hours work.

In watching this video it appears that OD is becoming an industry leaded. Since they are doing so well why don't they reward their hard working employees by bringing their pay rates up to the standards of the other major trucking companies?

What you have to realize is that despite some shortcomings many of us are very loyal to OD. You would have to work for them to understand. I doubt you could find another company that paid the big money that accommodates the employee as much as OD. Yeah we know there are some holes in the system but us OD employees and the OD management look after each other like family. Knowing that OD is a progressive company that is moving up just makes us feel more secure in our position. Relax man do your job and don't get caught up in the breakroom banter.

Every man hired knows how he gets paid,if he doesn't know anything else he knows that.The ones that don't like it leave.We can take this discussion to the union/non union forum and discuss it to the cows come home but I'm not getting in it.

What you have to realize is that despite some shortcomings many of us are very loyal to OD. You would have to work for them to understand. I doubt you could find another company that paid the big money that accommodates the employee as much as OD. Yeah we know there are some holes in the system but us OD employees and the OD management look after each other like family. Knowing that OD is a progressive company that is moving up just makes us feel more secure in our position. Relax man do your job and don't get caught up in the breakroom banter.

I did work at od and as they may reimburse for steel toes, they didn't for the chest waders and I just couldn't get use to the flavor of BS they were shoveling down my throaT EVERY DAY, and all the threats. :1036316054:

super trucker i do not know witch OD terminal you worked out of but i know where i work there is the normal BS everyday but i am still loyal to OD and i will always be. i have worked for southeastern and wilson in the past and guess what there BS there too. That is part of the freight busneiss if you can not take the BS go pull truckloads for a living or whatever makes you happy. If you read all the old post you see very little fussing about OD as a company on here. I am not strying to start anything just voicing my opinion so don't take it the worng way

As far as overtime goes a freight company they way i have been told does not have to pay overtime anyway they were somehow exempt from that law a long time ago. That is why we all get paid 21.00 plus a hour (PLEASE IF I AM WRONG ON THIS PLEASE CORRECT ME!!)

We can take this discussion to the union/non union forum and discuss it to the cows come home but I'm not getting in it.

JIM BOB.This doesn't have anything to do with unions. And if it did I know better than to post it on a nonunion company site....What it has to do with is companies like OD paying their workers less than industry standard wages.

I asked a simple question.

I know there is some obscure regulation on the books exempting trucking companies from having to pay overtime, but all the major trucking companies pay their workers OT.....My question to the drivers of OD is if you do the same work as me & work just as hard as me, then why doesn't OD pay you the same as ABF pays me? According to that video OD can certainly afford it.

Overtime Pay

DOL Web Pages on This Topic
An employer who requires or permits an employee to work overtime is generally required to pay the employee premium pay for such overtime work. Employees covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) must receive overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek of at least one and one-half times their regular rates of pay. The FLSA does not require overtime pay for work on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, or regular days of rest.

OK 2631 its bad for you we hear you and consider the information. OD makes it clear when a man is hired what there policy is. Many people may like it having worked for companies that kept there hours down to a minimum because of the 40 hour rule. So many of us are happy here. Thanks for your input.

OK 2631 its bad for you we hear you and consider the information. OD makes it clear when a man is hired what there policy is. Many people may like it having worked for companies that kept there hours down to a minimum because of the 40 hour rule. So many of us are happy here. Thanks for your input.
sparky; "Its not bad for me" I didn't post on this forum in an attempt to change anything at OD, or to get into a pissing contest with you drivers that are happy with the way things are at OD.
I only asked a simple question that you have not answered & probably will not answer because its a matter of corporate greed.

The video showed the advantage OD had over ABF. If OD is to be a major player either they will come up to our pay standards or eventually we will be dragged down to theirs... Then what OD joins us as truckdriving jobs continue in the downward slide to the level of the R&Ls & Estes?

You got a good point there 2631 that is true. Many of us have found a place with OD and are happy. I hold no grudge but getting that top pay trucking job is not possible for every single driver. Those higher paying jobs come at a price to as it does not always work out for the driver. Many times I consider that OD probably does not fairly distribute out the profits to employees being a public company we can see the SEC filings and probably have first hand knowledge of much of this. We live in a day where large CEOs and officers in corporations have made 1000s of times more than the guy that works for them. Giving themselves stock options etc. OD is probably no different than the rest of them. That is the current situation we live in even most large companies that pay real good do this. Maybe this thread should be on the political forum than I could argue my point that is I did not vote for the ones that made the business political climate that exist today.