FedEx Freight | Thoughts on the change of operations for clt & gsp,that takes place in october?

Let me add, yes, as long as the employee is "affected" by the said changes. If no one is "affected", then the employee can still transfer if a spot is available but NOT with their job class seniority, they'd go to the bottom of their respected board just as a transfer would without a COO.

Pg 45 of the handbook

That sucks..if it's not by choice they should keep they're seniority if they put in the time they should be rewarded.if someone came in with more time I would respect that

Is it possible to follow the freight to GSP?
Not sure where one would go to follow the "work". Seems to me the work will be done by drivers from the dozen or so centers who will bring frt into GSP, work dock, then return to their own domocile. Don't expect any new runs, city or road, at GSP.

Some see GSP gaining at CLT's expense, but the work will be done by higher paid drivers from other centers.

There will be lots of part time dock work from midnight-3 or 4am. That will help bottom guys with no work due to overhiring. Otherwise little or no benefit for GSP domiciled drivers. City or road.

Stay tuned

Last edited:
Not sure where one would go to follow the "work". Seems to me the work will be done by drivers from the dozen or so centers who will bring frt into GSP, work dock, then return to their own domocile. Don't expect any new runs, city or road, at GSP.

Some see GSP gaining at CLT's expense, but the work will be done by higher paid drivers from other centers.

There will be lots of part time dock work from midnight-3 or 4am. That will help bottom guys with no work due to overhiring. Otherwise little or no benefit for GSP domiciled drivers. City or road.

Stay tuned
But Swamp, do you not remember some years ago GSP lost 5 road runs to CLT and 5 drivers got to transfer with the freight and dovetail into our board with their job class seniority? If those runs (now 7 total) were to be sent back to GSP, one would think that 7 drivers would be allowed to transfer to GSP and dovetail into their board with their job class seniority.

But Swamp, do you not remember some years ago GSP lost 5 road runs to CLT and 5 drivers got to transfer with the freight and dovetail into our board with their job class seniority? If those runs (now 7 total) were to be sent back to GSP, one would think that 7 drivers would be allowed to transfer to GSP and dovetail into their board with their job class seniority.
I would absolutely agree were that the case. It doesn't seem to be. In fact, I hear GSP will actually loose 2 or 3 runs. Runs to Charlotte. Again, I hear that but don't know it for sure.

What I find hilarious is the FACT that the pro-union crowd in CLT has been running around bragging and pumping their chest about how they ran down to the local and and single handily stopped any and all runs from being transferred to GSP!!
Just another lie that's soon to be exposed....this time not by the anti crowd but rather by FedEx!!
Priceless!!

I would absolutely agree were that the case. It doesn't seem to be. In fact, I hear GSP will actually loose 2 or 3 runs. Runs to Charlotte. Again, I hear that but don't know it for sure.
All we know for sure is that there's going to be a COO...as for runs, everything is speculation at this point.
I can say with CLT being land locked while busting at the seams with freight, I seriously doubt we'll be gaining anything but rather losing runs in order to relieve some of the pressure...IMO.

Last edited:
All we know for sure is that there's going to be a COO...as for runs, everything is speculation at this point.
I can say with CLT being land locked while busting at the seams with freight, I seriously doubt we'll be gaining anything but rather losing runs in order to relieve some of the pressure...IMO.
I understand all that, the stated reasoning, etc. To be clear, and clarify what I'm hearing:

GSP will loose runs (initially?). Runs that go from GSP to CLT, and return to GSP nightly, some of those being double turns. Kind of in line with the stated purpose, to ease pressure on CLT. The runs lost by GSP will be made up for by the various domiciles processing their own freight at/through GSP instead of CLT.

Down the road? Feel free to predict... I'm not going to study freight flow at my pay scale. :poke:

What I find hilarious is the FACT that the pro-union crowd in CLT has been running around bragging and pumping their chest about how they ran down to the local and and single handily stopped any and all runs from being transferred to GSP!!
Just another lie that's soon to be exposed....this time not by the anti crowd but rather by FedEx!!
Priceless!!
I'm guessing that if it were your job at risk it wouldn't be "hilarious". Now that would be priceless

Priceless!!

Nobody claimed anything like that and you know it.

I understand all that, the stated reasoning, etc. To be clear, and clarify what I'm hearing:

GSP will loose runs (initially?). Runs that go from GSP to CLT, and return to GSP nightly, some of those being double turns. Kind of in line with the stated purpose, to ease pressure on CLT. The runs lost by GSP will be made up for by the various domiciles processing their own freight at/through GSP instead of CLT.

Down the road? Feel free to predict... I'm not going to study freight flow at my pay scale. :poke:
I understand what you're saying but its not like you'll be loosing every run to CLT, maybe one or two, and the 500+ mile daytime runs you'll be getting from CLT will more than make up for the couple 90 +/- mile night time runs you lost.
We, on the other hand, will probably gain a few GSP/dock runs in exchange for our JKM runs.

C'mon Hooty, you can't deny this one....if I had a dollar for every driver who's called or asked me personally about it, I could've retired yesterday!!

Nobody claimed they ran to the hall (your expression) and singlehandedly stopped anything. What a load of BS. Every driver knows where you stand.

I'm guessing that if it were your job at risk it wouldn't be "hilarious". Now that would be priceless
You missed the point, it's not about anyone losing their jobs....it's about the pro crowd spreading BS propaganda in an attempt to drum up support for their failing crusade. When one has to use lies and propaganda in order to get support, it usually backfires on them...just as it has here. I can't wait to hear the spin they come up with in order to save face.....perhaps that's why they had pro-union guys calling us anti guys yesterday fishing for info....but of course, we only baited their hooks for them, now we'll sit back and see if they catch anything!!

Nobody claimed they ran to the hall (your expression) and singlehandedly stopped anything. What a load of BS. Every driver knows where you stand.
"Ran to the hall" is merely a figure of speech....and yes, Jake Brake was claiming he single handily (again, a figure of speech) stopped everything.
Are you denying that you guys weren't spreading this BS propaganda? If so, perhaps you should get more in tune with the BS your side is spewing.

I understand what you're saying but its not like you'll be loosing every run to CLT, maybe one or two, and the 500+ mile daytime runs you'll be getting from CLT will more than make up for the couple 90 +/- mile night time runs you lost.
We, on the other hand, will probably gain a few GSP/dock runs in exchange for our JKM runs.

How do you explain our supervisor telling Chigger that we would NOT be losing the JKM runs despite the rumors he himself had also been hearing to the contrary?