FedEx Freight | Thoughts on the change of operations for clt & gsp,that takes place in october?

CLT will lose one Pocono meet and one Hagerstown meet while gaining a Youngstown meet and a Richmond hub turn for a net gain in mileage, so much for the doom and gloom.... As Swamp predicted the losers in this are the GSP road drivers.
Hmmm...we trade two solid daytime runs that run everyday for for a YNG run that gets cancelled daily and a nighttime RCH hub turn, not exactly a gain or a break even situation in the eyes of most drivers. Also, both the YNG and the RCH runs were both on the bid before...they'll get cancelled one bid, put back on the next, cancelled the next bid, put back on the next.

Please elaborate on how the GSP road drivers are the losers....

So you know how most drivers feel or are you speaking for everyone again? With your contacts you shouldn't need to ask me about what GSP got, or in this case, lost.

We traded 2 runs that run everyday RIGHT NOW... Losing the last Povono meet had happened on more than one bid over the years because it gets cancelled all the time in the winter. The last Y58 is no different and got cancelled a lot last winter. The 2 runs we got who knows, but it's not the loss you make it out to be. It's certainly a lot better than losing a stack of runs like what was insinuated and outright lied about in meetings this week at other terminals.

Hmmm...we trade two solid daytime runs that run everyday for for a YNG run that gets cancelled daily and a nighttime RCH hub turn, not exactly a gain or a break even situation in the eyes of most drivers. Also, both the YNG and the RCH runs were both on the bid before...they'll get cancelled one bid, put back on the next, cancelled the next bid, put back on the next.

Please elaborate on how the GSP road drivers are the losers...

Please elaborate on how the GSP road drivers are the losers....
some of the drivers are nice,they are not all losers like you claim.

We traded 2 runs that run everyday RIGHT NOW... Losing the last Povono meet had happened on more than one bid over the years because it gets cancelled all the time in the winter. The last Y58 is no different and got cancelled a lot last winter. The 2 runs we got who knows, but it's not the loss you make it out to be. It's certainly a lot better than losing a stack of runs like what was insinuated and outright lied about in meetings this week at other terminals.
He knows how this game works,he just has to be a well, well a, BUMMER!

So you know how most drivers feel or are you speaking for everyone again? With your contacts you shouldn't need to ask me about what GSP got, or in this case, lost.
I'm pretty confident that most drivers are speaking for themselves when a 520 mile daytime YNG run with an 8:30am show time makes it over 2/3 of the way down the road board (because nobody wants it due to fact that it gets cancelled more times than it runs on most weeks) and the last 562 mile night time RCH makes it over 3/4 of the way down the road board!! The last 588 mile daytime POS we lost didn't make it 1/4 down the road board and the last 392 mile daytime ROA we lost was taken BEFORE the last RCH on the last bi-annual bid....again, I'd say most drivers are speaking for themselves!!
Hmmmm...I don't recall asking what they lost or gained but rather how the GSP road drivers were the big losers?

Correct...we lost two runs that run everyday RIGHT NOW for a run that historically gets cancelled and a night time run that'll make it to the bottom of the road board. The last 58 that you're speaking of that got cancelled last winter was lost on the July bid...now we're losing another 58 that runs everyday.
Perhaps you got bad info from those at the other centers, or perhaps like those at our center, they only heard what they wanted to hear!! We got quite a different message from those who attended the meetings at other centers....guess it depends on what side you talk to...as usual.

Correct...we lost two runs that run everyday RIGHT NOW for a run that historically gets cancelled and a night time run that'll make it to the bottom of the road board. The last 58 that you're speaking of that got cancelled last winter was lost on the July bid...now we're losing another 58 that runs everyday.
Perhaps you got bad info from those at the other centers, or perhaps like those at our center, they only heard what they wanted to hear!! We got quite a different message from those who attended the meetings at other centers....guess it depends on what side you talk to...as usual.

They worded their pre shift to make it sound like Fed Ex was running freight around CLT. Plain and simple were not stupid, they want to try and scare everybody.

They worded their pre shift to make it sound like Fed Ex was running freight around CLT. Plain and simple were not stupid, they want to try and scare everybody.
So that's not what they actually said but rather what some people heard...thanks for the clarification!!
Kinda like in our meetings where the speaker said "could" and the pro guys heard "would".

So that's not what they actually said but rather what some people heard...thanks for the clarification!!
Kinda like in our meetings where the speaker said "could" and the pro guys heard "would".

So why did they even have the pre shift then???????? I don't ever remember having a pre shift over a change of operation. Keep looking at the clouds Red.

So why did they even have the pre shift then???????? I don't ever remember having a pre shift over a change of operation. Keep looking at the clouds Red.
They always have meetings for a change in operations....some centers gain and/or lose runs, some don't, but they all have meetings. Maybe you haven't been here long enough to remember the last one!!

They always have meetings for a change in operations....some centers gain and/or lose runs, some don't, but they all have meetings. Maybe you haven't been here long enough to remember the last one!!

It's not a common practice for terminals all over the system to have a meeting or literature posted about the change of operations at a foreign center (Charlotte) when these same terminals aren't affected! To suggest otherwise is laughable.

It's not a common practice for terminals all over the system to have a meeting or literature posted about the change of operations at a foreign center (Charlotte) when these same terminals aren't affected! To suggest otherwise is laughable.
So now you're assuming the change of operations only affected CLT?? Now that's laughable!!

I'm not saying that and you don't know what I assume or think. But I KNOW that some of these meetings occurred at terminals with no COO whatsoever.