SAIA | Threatened one day suspension for cell phone use

Get a phone ( Trac Phone or something similar for $10 ) activate the phone. Tell your dispatch or office this is your phone number. Have them call it and answer it in front of them.

Then toss it on the dispatcher's desk and leave. This will be a problem for them not you.
I can think of 10 people @ ABF that would do that in a heart beat if the company went after the drivers talking on a headset while driving. Been retired 3 years but I believe they still want the driver to use his phone and call the customer for many different reasons. If a 8 am delivery driver shut down his phone & made dispatch make those calls, dispatch would come to a grinding halt. Besides very few dispatchers know the customers as well as the delivery driver. I am willing to bet if you a take ANY LTL outfit doing city operations had all their drivers stop using their phones for the company, by 4 pm grind would operations to a halt. Ya think you are backed up now. Wait till a couple of drivers decide to cut their cell service for the company. You would witness the fastest policy change in history. But, until 2 drivers can agree on where the sun sets, well, good luck with that. von.

Got Threatened today for a one-day suspension For being on my cell phone when clearly the phone was not in my hands and I had no Bluetooth in my ear all they caught was me talking to myself is there means to appeal this :horseshit:
Why don't you file a grievance I forgot SAIA is not Union. That's why you need a Union no cameras watching me at YRC!

Why don't you file a grievance I forgot SAIA is not Union. That's why you need a Union no cameras watching me at YRC!
Ok smart ass. Let me tell you something. If YRC truly wants cameras they would get them. Your beloved Teamsters would sell you out in a minute. But you don’t need to worry about it because YRC’s biggest concern is staying in business. They can’t afford DriveCam. It’s a miracle they have survived this long from looking at the stock price.

Ok smart ass. Let me tell you something. If YRC truly wants cameras they would get them. Your beloved Teamsters would sell you out in a minute. But you don’t need to worry about it because YRC’s biggest concern is staying in business. They can’t afford DriveCam. It’s a miracle they have survived this long from looking at the stock price.
Ahh come on Train cut the guy a little slack,he seems new here and has been bouncing all over the place, just let him vent and then he may settle down, hope it's cooled off in Texas. stay safe

We have Lynx My camera goes off on every brake spike and pot hole ,But I don’t roll through stop signs.:2437:

18 years I worked under a IBT contract. I did have protection from our Hall & BA on things as stupid as issues over using your phone or calling dispatch back fast enough. One or 2 visits from the BA over bull ::shit:: things like this & the problem never returned. BUT, if you fought, stole, or couldn't show to work on time or when scheduled, then you were history. On the tardiness & not showing up, you had @ least 5 warnings before they canned you, if not more. And by then you hoped there was a replacement without come to work issues. Being sick with an excuse, paid days off, jury duty etc; never counted against you. Excessive issues after those days allowed, is what sent you looking for a new job. von.