XPO | Tier 1 and tier 2 dockworkers

Oh yeah we've got it terrible over here. Guess that's why so many folks are bailing at their current companies to beat down the door over here. I worked a little over 3 years at Con-way, it was a miserable joke.

So you work here and struggle to get 40-45 hours. 45 hours pays 1230.73 If you are in the OT after 40 area. If you are in the south. Not even that.

Or you work there and get 55 hours steady. 1452.00

Or work line haul here and get zero OT working the dock.

Or work there and get zero OT and drive the truck.

I mean these guys, that want to haggle over the OT issue, don't really understand the conversation.

Either compare what you made for the week. Regardless of how you were paid for it.

Or compare what you had to do that week to get what you got paid.

So you work here and struggle to get 40-45 hours. 45 hours pays 1230.73 If you are in the OT after 40 area. If you are in the south. Not even that.

I mean these guys, that want to haggle over the OT issue, don't really understand the conversation.

Either compare what you made for the week. Regardless of how you were paid for it.

When you do the comparison between Old Dominion and XPO/Con-Way , look at why people are leaving - working environment. Future of the company. Quality of the people you work with. Of course , none of want to work for free , but nobody wants to feel like their work is pointless either.

I don't know if I have the patience to stay at XPO to see what the new vision is for the future. Pay is not everything.

When you do the comparison between Old Dominion and XPO/Con-Way , look at why people are leaving - working environment. Future of the company. Quality of the people you work with. Of course , none of want to work for free , but nobody wants to feel like their work is pointless either.

I don't know if I have the patience to stay at XPO to see what the new vision is for the future. Pay is not everything.
Problem here is guys think they're comparing apples to apples. Which they are but ones a granny smith and the other is a red delicious. The same but different, pick the one you like and enjoy.

That's because Consolidate Freightways (the parent company ) at that time was a union carrier and they got O/T after 8 . They gave O/T after 8 to the new 4 Conway companies at that time because of C F . Now days the gloves are off anything goes . You'll probably never see overtime because all on the nonunion companies that compete with Conway do not pay O/T period . Conway management will tell you guys they have to compete with the rest of the non's . Here's another thing XPO can do , have everyone fill out new applications and they can rehire who they like . I have seen it happen they can start you as all new men .
All the more reason to vote yes, lol

22.92 (my ending hourly rate when I left Con-way) x 49.5 hrs=1134.54

25.90 (roughly my city rate at OD) x 55 hrs=1424.50

2700 miles/week (what I average) x $.615=1660.50

That's not even figuring in drops/hooks/fuel

Plus you figure in the lack of headache and overbearing management=no contest.

Patience is one thing. Opportunity is another. If freight weren't so down, I think there would be a lot more people in other trucks right now.