Tiger outfielder charged with hate crime..

No way... Hey, that bat could have hurt that padded umpire...He was having a bad day..BTW...That pitch,mud, looked a little to the outside to me...

these guys are suposed to be role models for our youth, not parole models. sports needs to clean up it's act, these guys wouldn't last a week as a truck driver

I think that people who get get loud, violent, and belligerent after drinking should either drink alone, don't drink at all, or stay home on Truckingboards while drinking. These people ruin their careers and make fools out of themselves. They'll never learn.

I think that people who get get loud, violent, and belligerent after drinking should either drink alone, don't drink at all, or stay home on Truckingboards while drinking. These people ruin their careers and make fools out of themselves. They'll never learn.

We have several loud mouthed, belligerent, possibly violent posters who do exactly that and I'm not sure they are drinking. :duh:

these guys are suposed to be role models for our youth, not parole models. sports needs to clean up it's act, these guys wouldn't last a week as a truck driver

On the other hand, I wouldn't last a week in the Major League, at least not once they found out I cant hit a curve.

I know what you are saying Jack Knife,but it's like Charles Barkley said once,"I am not your child's role model...YOU are your child's role model"...Now I don't quote Charles very often, but what he said here made a lot of sense...

The ultimate role model for a child should be the parents, and there is no question about that. But, these leagues all understand that the money that they all make is because of the fan base that they have. The players reputation reflects on the league and the team that they play for. And when people don't have bad things to say about you, they will come and see you play, which helps afford these outrageous salaries. As a professional player......I would be ashamed of myself for letting my fans and the organization down over stupid instances like this. (Most) Everyone wants to be liked.

These players need to just leave the beer drinking to us armchair quarterbacks.

Most parents want to be role models to their children and lead by example.However,thats probably not the case in more than 50% of US households.Kids look to athletes,musicians,etc.So whether Barkley liked being a role model or not the fact remains,he and those like him are.So if they want to be a douche,be a little more discreet.