Tight Squeeze

double r

Dock delivery expert
Credits
But it fits!

IMG-20110707-00026.jpg

I would say so Double R, I hope your through your trailer and rolling that stuff off, it would be sorta hard to get the side doors open packed in that alley like that, nice picture, thank you!

I would say so Double R, I hope your through your trailer and rolling that stuff off, it would be sorta hard to get the side doors open packed in that alley like that, nice picture, thank you!

Only had 9 cases in the freezer for that stop(bakery stop that still does baking and does not use frozen pre-baked crap). Just pulled up a little to get in the side door when I was ready. I use to back into the alley all the time at this stop. Stop doing it for awhile and was parking on the other side and running it down. The customer normally has his van back there. Van was pulled all the way up to the curb and the stupid medical place nextdoor had the other side blocked with junk. Customer stop traffic so I could blindside in(normally I would sight side). Also have to says thanks to the dump bucket that blocked traffic on the other side and watched my blindside(CB comes in handy some days) You wondered before why we use 28' pups, this is why. Alot of our stops are alley delivers. I have become a master of backing the trailer in tight spots and using the back window to blindside. Pizzes a few of the other drivers off because they say you can't get a trailer in this stop or that stop and along comes me and I get it in, BUT, I also know my limits, safety first.

I totally understand, where your at, its really old, here in OK and AR, we haven't been around as long as towns on the east coast, I can only imagine what some parts of Pittsburg and Philly are like.

I always make time to get out and look, even if I'm holding up traffic, most people understand, but there are the select few that can't roll out of bed on time and think that the city streets should part like the red sea so they can make it to work on time...LOL!!!

Our single axles are all autos. The tandems(sleepers and daycab) are 10's. Our straight trucks are 6's. Truck in the picture is an '09 Transtar auto single axle.

I totally understand, where your at, its really old, here in OK and AR, we haven't been around as long as towns on the east coast, I can only imagine what some parts of Pittsburg and Philly are like.

I always make time to get out and look, even if I'm holding up traffic, most people understand, but there are the select few that can't roll out of bed on time and think that the city streets should part like the red sea so they can make it to work on time...LOL!!!

Actually that deliver is south of Pittsburgh. That town is worse then Pittsburgh when it comes to tight places to put a truck. The very few places we do in downtown are either from the street or have wide alleys to back into. Most of the towns around Pittsburgh are old and tight. G.O.A.L. when you have a place like that.

G.O.A.L. when you have a place like that.

Very well said Double R, if more guys would take the time to "Get Out And Look", there would be alot less damage to property and equipment, there ain't no shame in taking the time to do it, they can laugh all they want, but I'm not backing into something because I didn't step out and look at things.