Till the fat lady sings

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
We all have rumors about pee tests, nervous breakdowns and how many drivers are actually working. Until the Yp's post what their plans are we all just wait and see.

Any going back to work at Oakh will have to take a pee test it is the law.

It is not the law, do not state you foolish assumptions as fact. I am sure they will drug test as it is outlined in the withstanding contract.

I read this today and it made me think of the Oak Harbor Strikers:

"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation…want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters…. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."
Frederick Douglass, 1857

It is not the law, do not state you foolish assumptions as fact. I am sure they will drug test as it is outlined in the withstanding contract.

I read this today and it made me think of the Oak Harbor Strikers:

"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation…want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightening. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters…. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."
Frederick Douglass, 1857

Soooooooo true!

Here we go
from Oakhanswers.com;
We want all our working employees to hear from us directly the status and steps we must take regarding the strike. We are meeting with the Teamsters Union this afternoon to advise them of our plan for an orderly return to work. We have reviewed this situation with our legal counsel and given the fact that the regional director of the NLRB has made the decision this strike is a ULP strike; we will comply with the law and accept the union’s offer of unconditional return to work. This means that there will be returning striking employees. We are unable to tell you exactly who and how they will return until we meet with the Teamster Representatives this afternoon. We will be giving you details this afternoon or Wednesday morning. We expect it will take a few days to work this out and will give each one of you further details as soon as they become available.
One thing we can tell you now is, that even though the actions of the union may be stressful on everyone involved, the Teamster’s unconditionally giving up their strike is a significant step towards returning our business to previous business levels. Bringing back our business is a situation in which we all benefit. Our goal continues to be that we will, to the best of our ability, provide work to all employees who want to work to the extent freight volumes permit us to do so.
If you have questions you may continue to use AsktheBoss and we will make every effort to reply.

The short version, thanks replacements we appreciate that you stuck with us when times are hard but, "we will, to the best of our ability, provide work to all employees who want to work to the extent freight volumes permit us to do so" see also; your all out of a job! If I were the VP's I'd cart these boys out fast because if they'll cross a line they'll rob ya blind ;).

drug test

Yes it is the law, found in the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations. The "foolish assumption" was more informed that you are.

Replacements are all working today and doing a great job thank you very much. And yes the law is the test. Pre employment screening required for all if returned.

Yes it is the law, found in the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations. The "foolish assumption" was more informed that you are.

I wasn't aware all strikers were CDL drivers subject to the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
Dock workers are not required to comply they make up a decent portion of the unit, that in itself makes his statement false.

Since the employees never actually terminated as far as any legal body is concerned, it would be in question that new hire drug testing laws would apply. Like it matters, all strikers will pass and be pushing Oak's precious line crosser's out the door.

I am sure you guys will at least admit you understand that the replacement drivers will lose their jobs as a result of the strikers returning. Too bad all the worthless managers like "Dipstick" can't be forced out as well.

Replacements are all working today and doing a great job thank you very much. And yes the law is the test. Pre employment screening required for all if returned.

Then how come some of the S/line crossers who denounced the union left work this morning in their vehicles.

Oh that's juicy!! Hope you all got it on video! We need a OHFL strike video time line that would be great for some of the final frames. I guess someone told them the truth finally, hopefully they will next be seen leaving the unemployment office after finding they had no U/E benefits because of the nature of replacement work!

Yes of course all will pass drug test. You would not have been an OHFL driver at all if you could not. Don't know about anyone leaving but don't see anyone coming back, whats up with that?

Strikers should get something close to two weeks to return as some are working temporarily for jippos, and may be on the east coast waiting for a load. The union should take down the picket once a plan is approved to allow union members to return to work.

Here is a great example of a Oak Harbor lie from Oakhanswers.com Note the word "economic strike" what a cold-hearted attempt by the company to mislead new hires and intimidate strikers.

Q17. If I strike, am I guaranteed reinstatement after the strike?

A17. If there is an economic strike, Oak Harbor intends to hire permanent strike replacements. When the strike ends, permanent strike replacements keep the jobs. Strikers who seek reinstatement are placed on a preferential recall list, and they are reinstated as vacancies arise.

Here is a great Oak Harbor lie from Oakhanswers.com Note the word "economic strike" what a cold-hearted attempt by the company to mislead new hires and intimidate strikers.

Q17. If I strike, am I guaranteed reinstatement after the strike?

A17. If there is an economic strike, Oak Harbor intends to hire permanent strike replacements. When the strike ends, permanent strike replacements keep the jobs. Strikers who seek reinstatement are placed on a preferential recall list, and they are reinstated as vacancies arise.

"Once A Plan Is Approved" You said this.

"Unconditional" Al Hobart said this.

Which is the truth? No BS, just the truth?

The offer to return work is unconditional, the physical act of returning 500 people to work requires a plan to make the process orderly and that plan should be mutually agreed upon. Some minor bugs to work, out like showing the replacements the door.