Till the fat lady sings

Then how come some of the S/line crossers who denounced the union left work this morning in their vehicles.

Rumor or not I don't know, but it was said that they were leaving to contact
a labor attorney to see if there was a way to keep their jobs?

As for this strike being over, as of this posting it's not. Customers and Drivers are both surprised to see us still show up as the company has told them both this is over.Another Oak Harbor Lie!!!!!!!!!!When will they learn:duh:

Oak Harbor wants to put conditions on a unconditional offer to return, so the strike goes on. :chairshot:

As for this strike being over, as of this posting it's not. Customers and Drivers are both surprised to see us still show up as the company has told them both this is over.Another Oak Harbor Lie!!!!!!!!!!When will they learn:duh:

Oak Harbor wants to put conditions on a unconditional offer to return, so the strike goes on. :chairshot:

Then so be it. We will continue to get the word out. On ohfl website they have agreed that is a ulp strike. I am sure their customers want to know that they know they did wrong but still want to stick it their long time employees. All union workers return or none!!!!!!!!!!!:Flame-On:

For the used to be fellow employees who denounced the union I hope you pay your lawyer all the money that you have taken from all of us who have stood on the line.

All I know is that I have stood out there on the line everyday. We have followed the cheap labor and let our customers know how the vp's take care of their employees. WE WILL STAND AS LONG AS IT TAKES.

How could all return with business levels down so much? Someone please answer this with a reasonable answer?

We all know that not all of the guys on the line will have a job to return to. But we will make sure the that everyone who stood with us will have the opportunity before the scum bags who tried to steal our jobs.

I do not think the company told anyone anything. Look at the Seattle PI. I believe that was Hobart that made the statement. Come on people, you blame the company for everything. I do not quite understand the thought pattern here. Does brainwashed mean anything? Holy cow!

I do not think the company told anyone anything. Look at the Seattle PI. I believe that was Hobart that made the statement. Come on people, you blame the company for everything. I do not quite understand the thought pattern here. Does brainwashed mean anything? Holy cow!

No brainwashing. The union said we would return to work with no conditions. When we walked off we were still under the old contract that ohfl will not settle. This should be the same conditions that we return to work under. No rocket science here.

No brainwashing. The union said we would return to work with no conditions. When we walked off we were still under the old contract that ohfl will not settle. This should be the same conditions that we return to work under. No rocket science here.

So, please to explain what if anything the strikers have gained?

How could all return with business levels down so much? Someone please answer this with a reasonable answer?

With you leaving there will be another spot for a Teamster Worker.

Tell the Vanderfools the definition of unconditional please.
Also tell them where they can put their company medical plan please.
They notified the customers we are returning and with the crap they are
pulling i'm sure the customers will see them for who and what they really
are. We are not returning with them continuing their games, and we are
returning as one group none of this "List" crap.

Day Tripper:

Q. "How could all return with business levels down so much? Someone please answer this with a reasonable answer?"
A. Not everyone will be able to return due to the economic conditions right now, however, at least 50% of the business lost was due to the strike alone, so most of that percentage should come back.

Q. "I do not think the company told anyone anything. Look at the Seattle PI. I believe that was Hobart that made the statement. Come on people, you blame the company for everything. I do not quite understand the thought pattern here. Does brainwashed mean anything? Holy cow!"
A. Hobart did not say we were going back. He was offering an unconditional return, which has to be either denied or accepted by the company. Somehow, KOMO 1000 radio mis-interpreted that last Friday as the Union going back. Some customers may have heard that, but other customers are saying their sales reps told them Tuesday that the Teamsters were coming back.

Think of the morale inside these terminals. You have workers out on strike due to unfair labor practices who have offered to return only to have company games played with them, so the strike goes on.:duh: Replacement workers being told we are coming back and they will be leaving soon after being hired as permanent replacements knowing now their days are numbered.:duh: Sales people going out telling customers we are coming back and the strike is over asking for their business. Customers reading the OHFL update being told we are coming back, and we are still on strike. What kind of people would play these games with so many people? these are your loyal long time employees and your long time customers going into what usually is the busiest time of year.:loser:

This was answered by one of your own :duh:
From bigboy11 on a different thread …Quote: Well , let me tell you this . Company is doing much better then other ltl companies :loser:
I guess he did not get the memo telling you all to shut up.:hysterical:

so what does unconditional really mean?

My guess would be it means that the Union agrees to return to work, with no action or concessions required by the company.

A conditional return would be "we agree to return as long as you _________"

Just in case anyone is fool enough to think it means that the members would return and the company could do whatever they please, come on.

Thought this had relevance,

Unfair labor practice strikers defined. Employees who strike to protest an unfair labor practice committed by their employer are called unfair labor practice strikers. Such strikers can be neither discharged nor permanently replaced. When the strike ends, unfair labor practice strikers, absent serious misconduct on their part, are entitled to have their jobs back even if employees hired to do their work have to be discharged.
If the Board finds that economic strikers or unfair labor practice strikers who have made an unconditional request for reinstatement have been unlawfully denied reinstatement by their employer, the Board may award such strikers backpay starting at the time they should have been reinstated.

from
http://www.nlrb.gov/nlrb/shared_files/brochures/basicguide.pdf