Till the fat lady sings

Get real, no one is going back to work unless it is the Teamster way! Only Al's conditions apply, nothing else. When summer hits, save your wood for next winter.

Does not really matter at this point. Ask your local rep. I think we are out here til the cows come home. What do you think?

Would like to see their "black list" being that one of the guys who I know caused ohfl a lot of grief is know a S****** working for them.

With you leaving there will be another spot for a Teamster Worker.

Tell the Vanderfools the definition of unconditional please.
Also tell them where they can put their company medical plan please.
They notified the customers we are returning and with the crap they are
pulling i'm sure the customers will see them for who and what they really
are. We are not returning with them continuing their games, and we are
returning as one group none of this "List" crap.

Well here you go, bottom line. Lose all you have because you are convinced company medical is so bad. $50.00 a month is your problem. You people want everything FREE! Nothing is free. Do you suppose the Union is maybe wanting to hang on to a million dollar insurance business and could care less if we starve, lose everything. I don't think so. The BS needs to stop here, face reality. I personally believe the mistakes have been made, the verdict is in, Stand stong! Until we all fall. BA's gonna be there to pick us up. HAH! Time to find a job or be a loser. Not me!

You're completely missing the point, Day Tripper! It could be $50 now, but who's to say it can't go up in the next five years....maybe even double? No one can afford that!

The Teamsters even offered a lower grade medical plan run by them. Maybe we just like the Teamsters Welfare Trust better than Blue Shield......

Do yourself a favor and stop trying to act like you know what we want and don't want!!

All I can say is after 151 days on the line and a possible end in site and NO medical it is time to go back to work. After all the money this strike has cost all of us and it looks like the only thing we're going to win is we will still be union, and yes that is big, I really don't give a rip what kind of medical we have!!! With this economy we need to keep what we can and live to fight again.

Well here you go, bottom line. Lose all you have because you are convinced company medical is so bad. $50.00 a month is your problem. You people want everything FREE! Nothing is free. Do you suppose the Union is maybe wanting to hang on to a million dollar insurance business and could care less if we starve, lose everything. I don't think so. The BS needs to stop here, face reality. I personally believe the mistakes have been made, the verdict is in, Stand stong! Until we all fall. BA's gonna be there to pick us up. HAH! Time to find a job or be a loser. Not me!

So are you on the line or are you inside? Can't have it both ways. It's not the $50 it's who would you rather have administering your health plan the company that has shown us over time and specifically the last several months how arrogant and callous they are toward our struggles. Why in the hell would anyone want them to control their medical plan?

In the future the company will constrict these plans, families will get singled out and pay disproportionately more, members will go without, they will restrict the use of double coverage ect. (ask Con-Way guys how that works) and all this will diminish the quality of life for members.

It's not free, its part of a compensation package, its why our wages have not kept up with inflation over the last two decades, we have sacrificed a great deal in wages to secure these benefits.

Replacements are all working today and doing a great job thank you very much. And yes the law is the test. Pre employment screening required for all if returned.

you call it pre employment but we were never terminated maybe you should call it a gap in employment drug test and just maybe the vp's should drug test all of the line crossers they might be surprised :nutkick:

Have you read the company medical plan. Look up pre-existing conditions. The plan gets to pick and choose which ones they are going to cover or not. There is not a list of any of these so it is completely up to the plan administrator.

Don't know about you but about everyone over 40 has some kind of medical issue being treated by a doctor. Do we just roll the dice to see who gets coverage this month?

Have the powers that be up there in Washington come to a decision about returning to work? I am looking for info on the Local and Oak Harbor's websites, and any news outlet I can find. I am down here in CA and get fed only what the company puts on a plate for me. I do not have a business agent to call, which is why I use the truckingboards, to get information.

From what I have found, the Union offered to return and the company offered conditions. Has the Union responded?

Thanks.....Oldguy23

Haven't heard yet what the union response is but I know the guys on the line feel that unconditionally means just that. We go back to work under the old contract with our pension & medical intact, without the companies "black list" or we keep picketing.

My guess would be it means that the Union agrees to return to work, with no action or concessions required by the company.

A conditional return would be "we agree to return as long as you _________"

Just in case anyone is fool enough to think it means that the members would return and the company could do whatever they please, come on.

That's what I thought and then I find stuff like this online:"For the second time in four years, the United Auto Workers has ignominiously surrendered to the heavy machinery maker Caterpillar.

In April 1992 the UAW ended a six-month partial strike in the face of a threat by management to hire strikebreakers. This months's cave-in was even more humiliating. The ending of the second, 17-month-long strike and the unconditional return to work announced by the UAW on December 3 meant that returning strikers would face terms far harsher than those initially rejected by the UAW in 1991."

I don;t understand how the company can impose conditions and then pretend as if the union is proposing changes. The union has offered to return to work under the exact same terms that they were working under prior to Sept. 22nd the union is not placing conditions, the company is. Members will be suspended upon return, members will be put onto the company medical plan. How is that not the company imposing changes to the previous agreement?

Seems like they are on a slippery slope, and if they tie this process up in direct violation of their settlement with the NLRB, when this is done being litigated I would think the company will be on the hook for wages from the 5th on, I'm betting no member will ever see a penny, the the union will use the backpay as a bargaining chip and hopefully force the company to negotiate a contract.

per the company's last post today they are clearly blaming any conditions on the union. They fail to mention that they are witholding any contributions into the pension, putting returning strikers on their medical not the trust. And still there is no mention about what has happened to our sick days.

Just sent this to Ask The Boss:

"asktheboss email" said:
"To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Negotiations Update 2/23
Sent: 2/23/2009 06:30:15 PM

I don’t understand how you can post this? Isn’t this libel? The Union proposed an Unconditional Return, meaning going back to the way it was before the strike started September 22nd. Returning on your company-run medical and no pension contributions was not what we had back in September. And what has happened to our sick pay? Who is the party placing conditions now? I’m sure you won’t post anything like this on the internet. You threw us out like trash, you don’t really care about us. Let’s just face it and post what you really want to post?"

per the company's last post today they are clearly blaming any conditions on the union. They fail to mention that they are witholding any contributions into the pension, putting returning strikers on their medical not the trust. And still there is no mention about what has happened to our sick days.

When the strike was called, the Teamsters Trust severed their relationship with Oak Harbor and refused to receive any payments on behaf of the members. The funds for the pension have been placed in an escrow account for safekeeping until the trust will accept them. Since they also wouldn't cover members under the medical plan, the company moved everyone over to the company medical plan so that everyone would continue to have coverage. As of right now, the trust has is still refusing contributions from Oak Harbor, so until that changes there is no way for them to put you on the Teamsters medical plan.

I don;t understand how the company can impose conditions and then pretend as if the union is proposing changes. The union has offered to return to work under the exact same terms that they were working under prior to Sept. 22nd the union is not placing conditions, the company is. Members will be suspended upon return, members will be put onto the company medical plan. How is that not the company imposing changes to the previous agreement?

Seems like they are on a slippery slope, and if they tie this process up in direct violation of their settlement with the NLRB, when this is done being litigated I would think the company will be on the hook for wages from the 5th on, I'm betting no member will ever see a penny, the the union will use the backpay as a bargaining chip and hopefully force the company to negotiate a contract.

All good points, silver.