Till the fat lady sings

If these "low lives" had not crossed you probably wouldn't have a job to come back to.

If these "low lives" hadn't crossed this would have been over with
much quicker, and less business would have been lost. This company
would have had to resolve these issues instead of dragging this out.
They are still content on dragging this out and if it were not for the ULP charges who knows if and when this company would attempt to
get resolved.

Silvertooth you said I should use "OHFL ID#" on my profile. What is that? The numbers don't mean anything that I'm aware of. That's what I chose to make my name. If it's somebody's Oak Harbor Id# I don't mean to offend you as I mean nothing by it as they're just #'s. Hope that's cleared up.

If these "low lives" had not crossed you probably wouldn't have a job to come back to. Just as it is you all aren't going back to work.

Of course only a real low life person would make a comment like that. Takes one low life to think he knows another.

Must be hard to read when your husband falls into that catagory.

Actually my husband doesn't fall into that category of a low life.

Also my name is "driverswife." not "oakharborswife?" Of course, maybe you didn't read that correrctly.

Probably a whole family of lowlife inbreds! Tell you brother, ooops! I mean husband to stop his line crossing ways, and don't worry about the kids, no one will notice the sixth toe. It's the severely debilitated mental capacity that will make help him stand out, more than likely a result of growing up in proximity to you.

I'll get the message right to him. Or wait are you working at Oak Harbor right now? Are you an inbred since you've returned to work?

Ok, it's settled everyone at Oak Harbor as an inbred. So why is it that all the striking employees want to go back and work there?

That's what I don't understand so many Oak Harbor union employees are here saying so many negative things about Oak Harbor but you all want to go back. Why is that?

Of course, I say so many because I realize that not every single person had the original vote to strike but we're required to strike.

I understand the loyalty to the Teamsters brothers and sisters (oh wait brothers and sisters---talk about in breading!!!)

Don't worry Silver, she made as much sense somewhere else as she is making now. Her husband is one of the "replascement drivers, but not to worry because they don't need the money, she will spend more on shopping than we will ever make.

I was speaking specifically to you, and I don't work at Oak Harbor. For those that do I understand why they would want to return because the company that they built and worked for is not the union busting machine that Oak Harbor has been of late. They know if they stick together one of two things will happen, the company will cease to operate (one less union busting employer out there) Or the Vanderpoleriders will crawl back into their self-righteous holes for the sake of allowing their business to survive, either one is a victory to these members that have been through a whole lot.

:busted_blue:Everyone take a step back and relax. I threw a little cold water in here to tone down some of the relevent posting.:police:

So here is where we are at:

- The company has called a certain percentage of workers back to work, and laid-off everyone else. Those that are going back are going to be under the microscope, so watch yourselves, and document everything said to you that seems like it might be even slightly over the line. Handle yourselves like professionals, and don't give management even the slightest ammunition to discipline you. Ignore the you-know-who's... they are already wetting themselves in fear, anyhow.

- We don't know under what terms we are going back... time will tell. But once we know whether the company is going to respect the law, or if they are going to follow past practice and ignore the law, we will know where we stand. The likelihood is that we will be entangled in another legal conflict by the end of this month. This fight is far from over...

- The company is lying when they say the trusts will not accept payment from them. They never even talked to the trusts... but we did. We know where we stand in respect to labor law on this issue, so this baby is in the company's court now. Will they do the right thing, or play the poor loser again, as they have done so many times?

- This company is in poor, poor financial shape. We many not survive the year, even if we can come to terms. Do not sit on your laurels... be keeping your eyes out for other work. We might be back out on a ULP strike or the company could fold at any time.

- Have faith that things will work out. Ignore the fools in this forum who sout doom-and-gloom and misinformation. We will prevail... one way or another. And in doing so, we will show the non-union workers and management just what a strong group of workers can do when they stand together under the union flag...

Um, okay. I'll try to explain it more clearly. When the teamsters went on strike, there was essentially no "union presence" at the company. If you were to go work at a non-union company, say Starbucks for example, you would not have the option to participate in a union-run healthcare or pension plan. Since during the strike Oak Harbor was not employing union members, they could not participate in a union-run healthcare or pension plan. All of the money that would've been paid into the pension is sitting in an escrow account just waiting to be sent to the trust as soon as there is an agreement in place. Current and returning workers will be covered under the company healthcare plan, which they (Oak Harbor) didn't have to do, they chose to extend the coverage without a monthly premium on behalf of the employees.

You stated that the union and/or trusts cancelled the subscription agreements. Now you are trying to blow smoke by changing the subject. You told an untruth and were caught, again. Stop it!!!! What you stated above has nothing to do with who cancelled the agreements.

Amazing how you call the Vanderpols all sorts of names "Vanderfools" but yet you want to go back to work at Oak Harbor. If you're so against Oak Harbor why don't you go work somewhere else. Of course this is just one of the names you've called them. If it's so bad atleast have some respect for yourselves.

No matter what this is a no win situation.

i love it when people make that comment well here is one for them if you dont want to work a union job than go work for some one else and if you dont want a union coming into your company try treating your employees better sometimes its not always about the money the vanderpoops are guilty of the latter pus quite a few other offenses . AND JUST SO THAT YOU KNOW STANDING OUT THERE FOR 5 MONTHS WAS ONLY BECAUSE WE HAVE RESPECT FOR OURSELVES maybe you need to give that advise to your husband maybe you should have stood by him threw this but you probably pressured him to go back in because your used to the lifestyle we are fighting to preserve people like you always want it all but never want to sacrifice anything or fight to keep the status quo

You guys should put stickers on all the crossers trucks so the rest of us on the street know to treat the crossers the way the deserve to be treated.

Ok, so I spoke to one of the real drivers and we should still let the drivers know they are number one:tongue0002: if you know what I mean because if they are the real drivers:smilie_132: it will show them respect and if they are one of the linecrossers:loser: they are still being treated the very same as they were during the strike. At least until these issues are really settled! I knew this wasn't over, be seeing you out on the picketline for support, I believe sooner than later!

Probably a whole family of lowlife inbreds! Tell you brother, ooops! I mean husband to stop his line crossing ways, and don't worry about the kids, no one will notice the sixth toe. It's the severely debilitated mental capacity that will make help him stand out, more than likely a result of growing up in proximity to you.

You sit back as you put it in Topeka making very crude cruel comments to people. I think you are unemployed from OHFL. Regardless, you have no business spouting these angry comments at people. I am glad you release all that anger here instead of out in the public. I hope you find help for this when you get over your insecurities. People like you concern me. If you do not have anything good to say, don't say anything. Stressed people in a situation like this who are OHFL employees do not need someone like you stiring the pot. Oviously you have nothing to lose. You have already lost all.

You stated that the union and/or trusts cancelled the subscription agreements. Now you are trying to blow smoke by changing the subject. You told an untruth and were caught, again. Stop it!!!! What you stated above has nothing to do with who cancelled the agreements.

Thanks Fthem, honestly everything you say is gold, this guy has the information, and never posts BS, of all the posters in this forum, this is the one to trust. Thanks Fthem for taking the time to keep us informed and keep the naysayer (I swear there is only one or two using like six different screen names) at bay. Everyone should click the little scale on the top of his posts and give him some positive reputation.:clap:

From everything I've read (i'm not an OHFL employee, nor union member), It sounds to me, like this proverbial fat lady cleared her throat and then threw up her lunch. Where's the pressure from the union to bring these issues to bear. I'm not sure what a union is for, as i've not worked for a union, but it seems to this objective user who has a familial stake in this issue that the union should have a bigger pair to stand up. You guys stood out there for 5 months in the freezing weather, only to be handed your teeth. I believe in what you guys are doing. But I'm not sure, from what i've read, that your locals have your back. Am I alone in this assessment?