Yellow | Time and a half

wild deuce

TB Veteran
Credits
As a Union Member I have been critical of my General President James R Hoffa and my negotiating freight teamster guru Tyson Johnson.
But today I am going to put a feather in each one of thier negotiating hats. First of all, let me be perfectly clear...I don't believe James Jr could be a pimple on his father's ***, but he is what we have to work with. Getting back to the point...All UE's will be given time and a half.! when they are working past their original 40 hours, and when they (we) have to go to bed between terminals they (we):biglaugh::funky::1036316054: have gotten paid all time spent...International Brotherhood of Teamsters

Time spent.

So your saying that yrc will pay a U-E driver during his/her off duty time
when out of hours between terminals?
Do you know this with conviction?

while on the ue subject

here is another one to think about.the contract says that the daily starting time cant deviate past 30 min a day.how many are starting much earlier than 30 min. on sun.nite.you are to get time 1/2 upfront

Sunday start

On Sunday STL bid from EVL starts at 7pm cst.rest of week 8.30 start.
If true about time& half at start of week, I won't relie on it but will look
forward to it.:funky:

On Sunday STL bid from EVL starts at 7pm cst.rest of week 8.30 start.
If true about time& half at start of week, I won't relie on it but will look
forward to it.:funky:

What was the defined bid start time when you signed your posted bid? Did it have a different time listed for Sunday, or is it 8:30 all the time, and you're set up for OT on Sunday? Also, are you on an 8 hour, 5 day bid; or a 4 day, 10 hour day? Most of the UE's I know are averaging 11 hour days (on 8 hour bids).

Different Locals/Barns have different workrules (everything in our contract is "Unless mutually agreed to otherwise").....

A Utility Employee’s work week shall consist of any four (4) ten (10) hour or five (5) eight (8) hour consecutive days starting Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday, subject to a forty (40) hour guarantee during that period. With four (4) ten (10) hour days, the Utility Employee shall have three (3) consecutive days off and with five (5) eight (8) hour days the Utility Employee shall have two (2) consecutive days off. The Employer may establish multiple start times bid by Utility Employees and may slide such start times on a daily basis by either thirty (30) minutes before or thirty (30) minutes after the bid start times.

this is from sect 7 in the contract people.if your start time is changed more than 30 min daily see your stewart.you are owed money.

Yes with conviction

So your saying that yrc will pay a U-E driver during his/her off duty time
when out of hours between terminals?
Do you know this with conviction?
If a UE driver has to go to bed between terminals and he/she is working over his/her normal 8/10 hour shift...,time and a half will apply until he/she is at his/her own domicile....and there after relieved of duty...:funky:

If a UE driver has to go to bed between terminals and he/she is working over his/her normal 8/10 hour shift...,time and a half will apply until he/she is at his/her own domicile....and there after relieved of duty...:funky:
Thankyou Tyson Johnson and James Hoffa Jr!:funky:

Time&half

What was the defined bid start time when you signed your posted bid? Did it have a different time listed for Sunday, or is it 8:30 all the time, and you're set up for OT on Sunday? Also, are you on an 8 hour, 5 day bid; or a 4 day, 10 hour day? Most of the UE's I know are averaging 11 hour days (on 8 hour bids).

Different Locals/Barns have different workrules (everything in our contract is "Unless mutually agreed to otherwise").....

Ur 1st question the T.M set it up as sunday 7pm start & monday thru thurs
at 8.30pm & I have not signed a bid. Ur 2cd quest T.M set it that way to
ensure that I would not run out hours & because EVL is a dark terminal on sat
&sun they have my truck fueled, hooked & box('s) sealed. 3rd:I'm on a 8h/5d.
The 1st week of velosity I did 17hours in OT.
My power unit is Volvo twin screw & it's 10,000 miles shy of 1,000,000 miles
as of this morning.:biglaugh:

Time &half

Dang ur getting off to a good start.

great point

here is another one to think about.the contract says that the daily starting time cant deviate past 30 min a day.how many are starting much earlier than 30 min. on sun.nite.you are to get time 1/2 upfront
How do we get this question to more than one forum?

that's different

As a Union Member I have been critical of my General President James R Hoffa and my negotiating freight teamster guru Tyson Johnson.
But today I am going to put a feather in each one of thier negotiating hats. First of all, let me be perfectly clear...I don't believe James Jr could be a pimple on his father's ***, but he is what we have to work with. Getting back to the point...All UE's will be given time and a half.! when they are working past their original 40 hours, and when they (we) have to go to bed between terminals they (we):biglaugh::funky::1036316054: have gotten paid all time spent...International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Thank you for a positive post about the Teamster Brotherhood! :1036316054:

I'll be the "Killjoy" here. Let me know when someone gets paid while sleeping in a motel. I know what it reads, I also have seen 99% of us read it different than YRC/IBT in the past. :smilie_132:

:smilie_132:Here's one to think about,Say you are on a five day ,sunday night thru thursday night bid and a Monday holiday comes along ,are you off sunday or monday and what hours are double time pay for working on a holiday. My shift starts @ seven pm sunday thru thursday.Looks to me like the hours after midnight should be @ double time or the hours from seven til midnight on monday night should be double time.:hysterical: