Yellow | Time clock

I believe it was the threat of litigation. Whatever the reason, those who choose to opt out are issued an additional ID card that is scanned. Which is used just like the photo ID was before. You then have 2 IDs one with a photo on it, used to enter the property. And a separate ID used only for the KRONOS.

How did 710 get out of time finger print time clocks
Really want to mess with them? Copy your fingerprint then paste it in word, print & take to work. The everyone switch out prints. Now that would be a true FUBAR. I no I no, just a thought. But priceless to watch the boss figure it out. Forsenic CSI comming to you terminal.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/the-2-big-problems-with-fingerprint-security-109371608679.html

1. They will be hacked
Eventually someone will figure out a cheap and easy way for bad guys to steal your fingerprint from a bar glass and make a fake finger (one that appears to be alive) that can be used to unlock your phone. Complicated or expensive methods for this already exist. It’s just a race towards convenience for the bad guys. Or, worse, an entire biometric system, like Apple’s, might be hacked at the source.

Then what? If your password is hacked or stolen, you set up new passwords. But if your fingerprint is hacked, what are you going to do, get a new finger?

:17113:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/the-2-big-problems-with-fingerprint-security-109371608679.html

1. They will be hacked
Eventually someone will figure out a cheap and easy way for bad guys to steal your fingerprint from a bar glass and make a fake finger (one that appears to be alive) that can be used to unlock your phone. Complicated or expensive methods for this already exist. It’s just a race towards convenience for the bad guys. Or, worse, an entire biometric system, like Apple’s, might be hacked at the source.

Then what? If your password is hacked or stolen, you set up new passwords. But if your fingerprint is hacked, what are you going to do, get a new finger?

Ya nailed it again. von.

No not yet ,but just one more way for them to waste money , and union is ok with this ??

1. They will be hacked

Yes, I can see it now, some hacker living in his parent's basement will get up and follow a YRCF driver around and then pick up the drivers discarded coffee cup so he can go home, copy the driver's fingerprint and then sneak into a YRCF terminal and when no one is looking he will use the copy of the driver's fingerprint to swipe the Kronos clock and totally screw up the system. Yea, that's the ticket!

Yes, I can see it now, some hacker living in his parent's basement will get up and follow a YRCF driver around and then pick up the drivers discarded coffee cup so he can go home, copy the driver's fingerprint and then sneak into a YRCF terminal and when no one is looking he will use the copy of the driver's fingerprint to swipe the Kronos clock and totally screw up the system. Yea, that's the ticket!
You and the basement dweller have too much time on your hands.just saying

You and the basement dweller have too much time on your hands.just saying

I have too much time on my hands? You're kidding right? I think you lie awake nights thinking up silly crap to complain about. Either that or you hire someone to do that for you, I'm not exactly sure. You need to get a life.

615 city yes, road side no, I'm already screwed, the military has my DNA and prints so I got nothing to hide. I still card punch my times for my record and convenience. When this electronic system goes down what do we go back to? Yep back to the hard copy for back up.

You guyz bring up some good arguments but here is my issue I been trying to get put into our contract. Firstly if we are doing this electronic biometric time keeping system. Why aren't we allowed to view our personal time (vacation, sick days) in a view only mode to ensure your earned time isn't tampered with or altered (i lack for a better word here).

Who is to say that management can go into the system and make changes without your knowledge just to make his numbers look good.. Integrity check here management, i don't trust them and never will. That is why you have to stay in that azz or they will break it off in you.

I even ask why can't I access my own personal info from my PC, and was told the company does not want the risk of being hacked into. So the system is already flawed and why should I feel safe with my fingerprints in this biometric system. Something is stolen from the dock or off a trailer and found. Lets dust for prints to see a match in our biometric system (time date location).

I had cut my middle finger working freight, which i used to clock in & express how I feel about this. A scar formed, now I have a problem clocking in and out and the management has to manually input my time. Who is to say he put it in correctly or purposely deviated the actual time worked afterwards.
Trust goes both ways and IMOP< I don't trust them.