SAIA | Time Clocks Slow

GEOCOS

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey I work in BGO. Not a driver but been with Saia 8 years.

At BGO a lot of us have absolute zero contact with other terminals.

I assume drivers use the same electronic touch screen time clocks?

Reason I ask is when we went to the electronic time clocks they worked just fine for awhile. Then a year ago ours became ungodly slow. They freeze up all the time and it takes an average of 20 seconds, often longer, to clock in or out. We have only 2 clocks and this often causes jams.

It is an unspoken rule here to not ask questions so nobody has raised the issue.

If these clocks are used company-wide as I believe they are, is anyone else experiencing this phenomena?

Part of me can't help but wonder if management knows we have no way to complain or compare the situation so they are just letting it be.

Thanks for any info!

-George Costanza

Ours is slow like that at maybe 1 out of 10 times. If both clocks our doing it I'm guessing it is probably a internet problem.

It sometimes does seem like the company policy is if it still works they aren't going to spend the time or money to fix it. Even if everyone knows it doesn't work correctly or efficiently.

Well we got one so far that says they work OK most of the time... anybody else? Much appreciate any info, when I say ours are slow I mean SLOW.

And yes BGO is Boise General Office.

-George Costanza