Yellow | Time Critical

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
Does anyone here find it funny that the company is still not guaranteeing the time criticals but yet continues to sell that service ? Kind of like if you had a new car with a warranty and the dealer says well I dont have the labor to repair your car so your going to have to settle for that broken part until we can find someone qualified to fix it.
Also, when this first came out, we were told to load them on the tail of the trailer so they could be quickly found. Now they just get loaded in without any care for the service or for the freight itself.

http://yrc.com/weather-related-terminal-closures/

If the company makes 6x as much as normal loads off the Time Critical why don't drivers get extra pay or a bonus for getting it there on time? I know warehouse managers who specifically order Time Critical because it never gets there on time and it's free. When did they stop guarantee how do you run a company like this?

If the company makes 6x as much as normal loads off the Time Critical why don't drivers get extra pay or a bonus for getting it there on time? I know warehouse managers who specifically order Time Critical because it never gets there on time and it's free. When did they stop guarantee how do you run a company like this?

That’s a lot of questions. Where would you like me to start?

1) Because we get paid by the hour or mile, regardless of shipment status.

2) A while ago.

3) I don’t!

That's funny!

Does anyone here find it funny that the company is still not guaranteeing the time criticals but yet continues to sell that service ? Kind of like if you had a new car with a warranty and the dealer says well I dont have the labor to repair your car so your going to have to settle for that broken part until we can find someone qualified to fix it.
Also, when this first came out, we were told to load them on the tail of the trailer so they could be quickly found. Now they just get loaded in without any care for the service or for the freight itself.

http://yrc.com/weather-related-terminal-closures/
Did yrc lose the trademark on time critical? Because ArcBest is using it now....

When it absolutely, positively has to be there on the boardwalk....Coop Dispatch’s Boardwalk Critical*

*Boardwalk Critical is licensed and trademarked in association with BD/Donna enterprises only. No rights given to anything Patel.

It's not just YRC. My brother was a Con-Way supervisor in Nashville before XPO bought them and says they were lucky when they hit a 50% ratio of on time critical deliveries. "time critical" is a risky thing for trucking companies.