ODFL | Time for a PENSION PLAN AT OD

Viking freight was a SUCCESSFUL REGIONAL LTL,who cared enough about their employees to provide them with a PENSION!! OD keeps spewing that "WE ARE FAMILY" BS,all the while cashing in on peoples hard work.

How many more mansions do the Congdons need?? These greedy Congdons should share the wealth with the people who have made them BILLIONAIRES.UPS gives its people 100dls per year of service.OD is not UPS size,they could however give a minimum of 50dls per year of service,fully vested after 5.

OD can afford this...I always bring it up during meetings with visiting higher ups.Talk with your local TM and all higher ups you come in contact with.As long as you're a good employee,these people will listen.The more we ask, the more they'll listen and perhaps give us what we deserve.

We are the MOST PROFITABLE LTL out here!! TAKE CARE OF THE TEAM ...DAVID!! WE DESERVE IT!!

I'm looking at your user name...are you really a Democrat ?

I'm a former traditional values conservative who is now disgusted with the GOP'S WAR ON WORKING CLASS FAMILIES:Teachers-Cops-Firemen-Seniors on SSI-Vets-Truckers-Students-the working poor etc etc.I will vote for whoever doesn't outsource our jobs to China,and that certainly wont be the GOP.

That aside,stay focused on the topic at hand which concerns all of us,if indeed you are an OD employee.

I am a retired OD employee therefore I have nothing in it other than moderating this forum.

We already have a pension.It is your 401-K.You do what you want to.The more money you put in the more you get in return."Tax Free"the company put's extra in your account on the %of profit's they make.I do hope you have one&putting back has much has you can.
Viking freight was a SUCCESSFUL REGIONAL LTL,who cared enough about their employees to provide them with a PENSION!! OD keeps spewing that "WE ARE FAMILY" BS,all the while cashing in on peoples hard work.

How many more mansions do the Congdons need?? These greedy Congdons should share the wealth with the people who have made them BILLIONAIRES.UPS gives its people 100dls per year of service.OD is not UPS size,they could however give a minimum of 50dls per year of service,fully vested after 5.

OD can afford this...I always bring it up during meetings with visiting higher ups.Talk with your local TM and all higher ups you come in contact with.As long as you're a good employee,these people will listen.The more we ask, the more they'll listen and perhaps give us what we deserve.

We are the MOST PROFITABLE LTL out here!! TAKE CARE OF THE TEAM ...DAVID!! WE DESERVE IT!!

We already have a pension.It is your 401-K.You do what you want to.The more money you put in the more you get in return."Tax Free"the company put's extra in your account on the %of profit's they make.I do hope you have one&putting back has much has you can.

Dude,I don't mean to be mean,but you're REMEDIAL! You obviously DON'T KNOW what a traditional pension plan is.I suggest you google "traditional pension plan" vs a 401k. If you're able to discern the diff,you'll understand my gripe with OD's lack of a traditional pension plan for its loyal & productive a** kickers,who have built this company into a hot commodity.

How long have you been out of truck school,and how long were you at SWIFT?

Dude,I don't mean to be mean,but you're REMEDIAL! You obviously DON'T KNOW what a traditional pension plan is.I suggest you google "traditional pension plan" vs a 401k. If you're able to discern the diff,you'll understand my gripe with OD's lack of a traditional pension plan for its loyal & productive a** kickers,who have built this company into a hot commodity.

Don't post again.You have a p/m enroute.

.UMM!!I have talked to several people you have retired from OD&they alway's recieve a check from the district manager at there retirement party.May I say it does = the other's.The more time in the more money you recieve.

What does it mean to be referred to as "Remedial"? I might be Remedial.. and I need ideas for new tattoos.

well maybe you should actually go back and read the bill of right and constitution because obviously you haven't read it maybe slower this time. liberals are great. there good at attacking big companies. first of all a company dosnt have to offer anything but a paycheck if you don't like what they offer then go somewhere else in your case you would love to be a union guy that way the government will take care of you because i guess you cant. if you cant manager your money then maybe you should get married and she can do it for you. od offers alot more than companies i have worked for in the past can somethings be better i suppose i am happy with getting paid what i am and have good health insurance. i dont put all my pennies in one pot and i don't need them taking care of me that's my problem. and i know its all bushes fault. and being that i know you are liberal our wonderful president needs to put on big boy pants and maybe try to actually be a leader hes great a spending billions on dollar to no where. kinda funny how he kept bashing bush for gas prices but since he came into office they have tripled and what do we get excuses. you got what you voted for.

LOL...just came in from work.lol...People just kill me today.I was thinking about this today..Worker's today in America are all about what you need to do for me.you wonder why so many Mexican's have job's&less American want to work..Company's don't have to do nothing for you.We get a paycheck.That's all they really have to do.All the extra's are bonus.

this is what i can say from working from other ltl companies is that they always compared themselves to od. apprently od is doing something right.

I agree w/ E.TN Hillbilly....the door swings both ways. The OD family that I know like the company and respects the owners and management as they are world class. OD's excellent numbers don't happen by accident. Most employees that I come accross are thankfull with their relationship w/ OD. Be busy counting your blessings and temptations of complaining will diminish.
T

401-K tax free,really??I don`t think Uncle Sam would agree.