ODFL | Time for a PENSION PLAN AT OD

Some people look at the union as another set of rules to work under,just somebody else telling them what they can or can't do.There are people that enjoy being left alone,I'm one of them.

You call them (me) snobs, why beacuse we believe in the union? Its not perfect by any means but its the best game in town. I know you dont work for od but can someone tell me what your top rate is & hom much you pay for health coverage? I make $23.97 it will be $24.42 april 1st i pay nothing toward health coverage in my most recent benifit statment from 2010 my employer contributed $15,909.66 into my pension. I am not bragging this is to give you a idea of that the union pay scale & pension contribution is....

Your post is exactly why I call you a snob.

Dictionary.com defines snob as

1. a person who imitates, cultivates, or slavishly admires social superiors and is condescending or overbearing to others.

You say that the union is the best thing in town. That's not even the discussion here, it's pensions. Then you go on to brag (yes, that's what it is even though you claim it's just for our info) that you make such and such and want to know how much OD pays because you know you make more. THAT IS A SNOB. I, for one, don't give a crap how much you or anyone else makes. It's not all about money. Someday you might learn that, but I doubt it.

There is such a thing as loving what you do. I got out of the LTL biz because I hated what they had done to a job I used to love. I now haul explosives and have found the passion I once had for this job. I hated that I was just another cog in the machine that could be replaced by anyone with a CDL.

You may be a nice person in real life. I would no doubt tip back a few with you if I knew you in person. I just get tired of the attitude that the union is the only way of life and that if you aren't union you are inferior. That may not be the way you believe, but that's the way your posts come off sounding.

Your post is exactly why I call you a snob.

Dictionary.com defines snob as

1. a person who imitates, cultivates, or slavishly admires social superiors and is condescending or overbearing to others.

You say that the union is the best thing in town. That's not even the discussion here, it's pensions. Then you go on to brag (yes, that's what it is even though you claim it's just for our info) that you make such and such and want to know how much OD pays because you know you make more. THAT IS A SNOB. I, for one, don't give a crap how much you or anyone else makes. It's not all about money. Someday you might learn that, but I doubt it.

There is such a thing as loving what you do. I got out of the LTL biz because I hated what they had done to a job I used to love. I now haul explosives and have found the passion I once had for this job. I hated that I was just another cog in the machine that could be replaced by anyone with a CDL.

You may be a nice person in real life. I would no doubt tip back a few with you if I knew you in person. I just get tired of the attitude that the union is the only way of life and that if you aren't union you are inferior. That may not be the way you believe, but that's the way your posts come off sounding.
I was being honest thats what the pay rate is & PENSION contrabution was. Not everyone knows the real #s. And not everyone thinks like you, hell your not even in ltl anymore. And if you must know i do like my job If sharing info. with other companys makes me a snob so be it....you should reread my post i did say the union wasent perfect but you take whatever you want to take out of context im good with it....

I was being honest thats what the pay rate is & PENSION contrabution was. Not everyone knows the real #s.

It's not what you say, it's how the reader interprets it.

And not everyone thinks like you, hell your not even in ltl anymore.

What difference does that make? That's the snobbish attitude that comes through your post. I was in LTL for 17 years. That qualifies me to talk about it.

And if you must know i do like my job

No one is debating that fact. Why would you even bring that up?

If sharing info. with other companys makes me a snob so be it....

Once again, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Your posting style lords it over everyone, elevating yourself above an OD driver because you have it and they don't

you should reread my post i did say the union wasent perfect but you take whatever you want to take out of context im good with it....

I think I got the right impression the first time I read it, thanks.

Guardrail

It's not what you say, it's how the reader interprets it.

What difference does that make? That's the snobbish attitude that comes through your post. I was in LTL for 17 years. That qualifies me to talk about it.

No one is debating that fact. Why would you even bring that up?

Once again, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Your posting style lords it over everyone, elevating yourself above an OD driver because you have it and they don't

I think I got the right impression the first time I read it, thanks.

Guardrail
Let me make this as clear as I can, I have no idea what od makes? As for thinking im better then anybody I dont think that at all, thats how you perceive me. I was passing on info, about the pension & wages something that has nothing to do with you anymore. Would you consider a person that knows very little about unions & shows nothing but hate for them to be a snob or a ignorant snob?

Sorry to all od people I was not trying to sound like a snob but inform you about the pension. As for my conversation with guardrail it shouldent have taken place on your board. If anyone wants to continue this topic or have anymoe questions about pensions / unions feel free to ask me or anyone else on the abs board....