TForce | Time for a reality check, Bezos style.

Dracula

TB Veteran
Credits
If you guys think that the world can't do without you, you had better not read what Bezos is thinking of doing and what happened when he thought out loud.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/28/amazon-wiped-out-billions-from-drug-stocks-and-package-carriers.html

UPS
52-week high: $135.53 on Jan. 18, 2018

52-week low: $101.45 on March 23, 2018

Thursday's market value loss: $2.16 billion

Current market capitalization: $91.2 billion

UPS_chart.1530216489058.jpeg

Like I said before.... I boycott Amazon.

To me its like when Walmart was growing..... I boycotted Walmart.... told my family what I thought was going to happen .... Walmart would put the competition out of business with it's cheap Chinese crap.

I believe Amazon will have the same effect with its cheap labor practices.

If you guys think that the world can't do without you, you had better not read what Bezos is thinking of doing and what happened when he thought out loud.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/28/amazon-wiped-out-billions-from-drug-stocks-and-package-carriers.html

UPS

Go away troll. You're not a upser.

Ups will be here long after all of us will be DEAD.

UPS

I know a lot of YRC drivers who are like this. "We're a fallen flag, you could be, too!"

Just focus on your own unhappiness. Lol

Really as much as I hate it nothing is a sure thing anymore.
When I first became a Teamster freight worker in the 60's there were around 3500 teamster freight companies.
After the government deregulated trucking to break the union in the early 80's.
Teamster companies started going bankrupt,because they could not afford to operate deregulated.

Now here we are 38 years later with the remaining Teamster trucking companies you can count on one hand if that.
Back in the day we Teamsters would have never dreamed things would have gone the way they have.
So as much as you think companies are going to stick around forever,anything is possible.

I know as a retired UPS Freight Teamster,my hope is UPS will be able to stick it out for a long time to come.

Oh, sorry. You're Saia.

Hopefully the driver-facing camera didn't catch you posting that. Lolol
I may be a troll but I'm not a stupid troll. The good ones never get caught. While we are on the troll subject, you're welcome. If I didn't start something here, the UPS segment forum would be quieter and lonelier than a cemetary on a Saturday night. All you teamster brothers and sisters and hardly any comments anywhere. I can only do so much.

I may be a troll but I'm not a stupid troll. The good ones never get caught. While we are on the troll subject, you're welcome. If I didn't start something here, the UPS segment forum would be quieter and lonelier than a cemetary on a Saturday night. All you teamster brothers and sisters and hardly any comments anywhere. I can only do so much.
Well, I think the vast majority of UPS folk are on another site.

You are just a douchebag.

He doesn't work for ups, so he is just trolling.
You're right, I was but that doesn't mean I am wrong. By the way, I tapped out after Apostolic put his foot down. But before I go, embedded in the new contract language is something that you might want to remember.
https://teamster.org/news/2018/06/n...ct-weekends-package-car-drivers-address-issue
The number of 22.4 Combination Drivers will not exceed 25 percent of the total number of RPCDs in your building. If the company needs additional drivers for Saturday or Sunday work, RPCDs will be offered first and forced last and will make the Supplemental overtime rate if applicable. If the Saturday and Sunday volume increases to the extent that RPCDs must consistently work those days, the union and UPS may adjust the 25 percent to avoid the RPCDs being required to work those days.
What does If applicable mean? Under certain circumstances, can UPS force you to work the weekends and only pay regular wage? Does the 9.5 rule come back to bite you in the ass?

Do you really think that UPS is going to "adjust" the 22.4 numbers to keep RPCD's home, on the weekends? And why is it going to take one of the most anal number crunching company in the world up to 2 years to move RPCD's back to a Mon/ Friday shift?
RPCDs that are working a Tuesday through Saturday shift now will be moved back to a Monday through Friday shift within 18 months. If the RPCD was hired recently, specifically for a Tuesday through Saturday shift, the company has a maximum of 24 months to move them to a Monday through Friday shift.

Here's another little gem.
...In the event that your building utilizes 22.4 Combination Drivers, current Package Drivers, referred to in the agreement as Regular Full-time Package Car Drivers (RPCD), will be protected from replacement by 22.4 Combination Drivers or any part-time cover driver as allowed in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum. No RPCD can be laid off or displaced from their classification while any 22.4 Combination Drivers are working in the building....
So, if a 22.4 driver is laid off, then who works the weekend? If the company needs additional drivers for Saturday or Sunday work, RPCDs will be offered first and forced last.

And finally, this article raises some serious questions about just how good this contract proposal is.
http://www.tdu.org/hoffa_s_sales_pitch_for_two_tier_hybrid_drivers

But what the hell do I know about union contracts. Good luck. With Hoffa and his monkey men negotiating for you, you're gonna need all the luck you can get. Tapping out.

Whats up with all these baby squabbles being posted here?
Come on truckingboard members should be able to conduct themselves in a more professional way.
We don't need whiners,we need solutions to the topic at hand,you know the contract talks.
Thanks for your understanding in these critical times.
You have a small group of antagonist people who go from union board to union board specifically trying to rile up members. ABF settles their contract so they have infected our board now as we negotiate but are mad because are board isn’t busy enough to fuel their desire for verbal combat. From here they’ll go to YRC board for 2019 talks. I just ignore them because they really just wanna jerk your union chain instead of any meaningful discussion.

O