TForce | Time for a reality check, Bezos style.

You're right, I was but that doesn't mean I am wrong. By the way, I tapped out after Apostolic put his foot down. But before I go, embedded in the new contract language is something that you might want to remember.
https://teamster.org/news/2018/06/n...ct-weekends-package-car-drivers-address-issue
The number of 22.4 Combination Drivers will not exceed 25 percent of the total number of RPCDs in your building. If the company needs additional drivers for Saturday or Sunday work, RPCDs will be offered first and forced last and will make the Supplemental overtime rate if applicable. If the Saturday and Sunday volume increases to the extent that RPCDs must consistently work those days, the union and UPS may adjust the 25 percent to avoid the RPCDs being required to work those days.
What does If applicable mean? Under certain circumstances, can UPS force you to work the weekends and only pay regular wage? Does the 9.5 rule come back to bite you in the ass?

Do you really think that UPS is going to "adjust" the 22.4 numbers to keep RPCD's home, on the weekends? And why is it going to take one of the most anal number crunching company in the world up to 2 years to move RPCD's back to a Mon/ Friday shift?
RPCDs that are working a Tuesday through Saturday shift now will be moved back to a Monday through Friday shift within 18 months. If the RPCD was hired recently, specifically for a Tuesday through Saturday shift, the company has a maximum of 24 months to move them to a Monday through Friday shift.

Here's another little gem.
...In the event that your building utilizes 22.4 Combination Drivers, current Package Drivers, referred to in the agreement as Regular Full-time Package Car Drivers (RPCD), will be protected from replacement by 22.4 Combination Drivers or any part-time cover driver as allowed in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum. No RPCD can be laid off or displaced from their classification while any 22.4 Combination Drivers are working in the building....
So, if a 22.4 driver is laid off, then who works the weekend? If the company needs additional drivers for Saturday or Sunday work, RPCDs will be offered first and forced last.

And finally, this article raises some serious questions about just how good this contract proposal is.
http://www.tdu.org/hoffa_s_sales_pitch_for_two_tier_hybrid_drivers

But what the hell do I know about union contracts. Good luck. With Hoffa and his monkey men negotiating for you, you're gonna need all the luck you can get. Tapping out.

You don't know squat. Copying and pasting contract language means nothing. There is a thing called a grievance process. All ups union employees know that the words in the contract are useless, because the company has the power to block any grievance they so choose.

If you actually worked at ups you would know that, but you don't, so you don't.

Douchebag.

You don't know squat. Copying and pasting contract language means nothing. There is a thing called a grievance process. All ups union employees know that the words in the contract are useless, because the company has the power to block any grievance they so choose.

If you actually worked at ups you would know that, but you don't, so you don't.

Douchebag.
TEEMSTA TOO, How about giving us your teamsta resume. How many times you been fired? How many managers have you gotten rid of? I think you are a TDU talkin, snow flake.

TEEMSTA TOO, How about giving us your teamsta resume. How many times you been fired? How many managers have you gotten rid of? I think you are a TDU talkin, snow flake.

Our other requisite douchebag.

The only person who fires you from a union job is yourself.

Never gotten rid of any managers, they get fired by their own or quit.

Douchebag

Our other requisite douchebag.

The only person who fires you from a union job is yourself.

Never gotten rid of any managers, they get fired by their own or quit.

Douchebag
Why does ever thread here on trucknboards go in the toilet??

They get off topic then the name calling starts...... here another thread I will unsubscribe to.
If you affectively fight for the contract, you are indiscriminately fired by UPS. Examples have to be made, it keeps the sheep in line. It is easy keeping the sheep in line when they are getting paid $36.29 an hour.

TEAMSTA TWO is a TDU talker. He is to scared to talk to management. The thought of filing a grievance terrifies him.

It is TDU and Teamsters United people who start all of the name calling. Someone has to melt the snow flakes.

If you affectively fight for the contract, you are indiscriminately fired by UPS. Examples have to be made, it keeps the sheep in line. It is easy keeping the sheep in line when they are getting paid $36.29 an hour.

TEAMSTA TWO is a TDU talker. He is to scared to talk to management. The thought of filing a grievance terrifies him.

It is TDU and Teamsters United people who start all of the name calling. Someone has to melt the snow flakes.

Dear douchebag,

You obviously don't work at ups, because what you post does not happen. People get fired for not doing what they are supposed to do. The rules are pretty clear, and it is difficult to be fired, you basically have to ask for it.

The tdu is a tiny organization, with very little influence. A fake boogie man propped up by Hoffa and his sycophants.
Thank the Lord Hoffa will be gone soon, with O'Brien and Zuckerman teaming up, Hoffa and his sycophants are finished. Maybe we will finally get a teamsters union with some balls.

Dear douchebag,

You obviously don't work at ups, because what you post does not happen. People get fired for not doing what they are supposed to do. The rules are pretty clear, and it is difficult to be fired, you basically have to ask for it.

The tdu is a tiny organization, with very little influence. A fake boogie man propped up by Hoffa and his sycophants.
Thank the Lord Hoffa will be gone soon, with O'Brien and Zuckerman teaming up, Hoffa and his sycophants are finished. Maybe we will finally get a teamsters union with some balls.
Teamsta U confused TOO. If you are making $36.29 an hour. You are following the rules. Can't get fired. What the are you bitchin about. I think you need to send Hoffa a Honey Baked ham every Christmas.

More likely Teamsta you are a 1 year part timer. Who thinks the company will fold with out you. The part time SOUP, hurt your feelings. Since your a wimp, you need O'Brien and Zuckerman to fight for you.

File a grievance a day. That will get you fired Teamsta. If you can't find a grievance infraction every day at UPS. Teamsta it means you are to afraid to look.

Teamsta U confused TOO. If you are making $36.29 an hour. You are following the rules. Can't get fired. What the are you bitchin about. I think you need to send Hoffa a Honey Baked ham every Christmas.

More likely Teamsta you are a 1 year part timer. Who thinks the company will fold with out you. The part time SOUP, hurt your feelings. Since your a wimp, you need O'Brien and Zuckerman to fight for you.

File a grievance a day. That will get you fired Teamsta. If you can't find a grievance infraction every day at UPS. Teamsta it means you are to afraid to look.

Dear douchebag,

Bye troll.

Save your adult acting bs.

Douchebag is an accurate description of someone who trolls and lies.
You win, Teamsta Two, I'm tapping out Too. The contracts already written. It will be ratified. Drivers will be making $40.44 at the end of contract. Part timers will have the opportunity to go full time with the new weekend driver classification. WTF are you bitchin about.

You win, Teamsta Two, I'm tapping out Too. The contracts already written. It will be ratified. Drivers will be making $40.44 at the end of contract. Part timers will have the opportunity to go full time with the new weekend driver classification. WTF are you bitchin about.

Dear douchebag,

This is the ups freight forum, moron.

Dear douchebag,

This is the ups freight forum, moron.
I said the same thing Teamsta. Why was freight master posting package at freight. Freights posse said this forum was for both. Teamsta, freights contract is already written. It will pass. UPS freight drivers have the best wage and benefits of any LTL. Their single employer pension fund has real money in it. Not crooked math, multi employer pension fund promises. You need to lose the teamster politics. There isn't a dimes difference between Hoffa, Hall, O'Brien or Zuckerman.

Teamsta tell us what you want out of the next contract.

You're right, I was but that doesn't mean I am wrong. By the way, I tapped out after Apostolic put his foot down. But before I go, embedded in the new contract language is something that you might want to remember.
https://teamster.org/news/2018/06/n...ct-weekends-package-car-drivers-address-issue
The number of 22.4 Combination Drivers will not exceed 25 percent of the total number of RPCDs in your building. If the company needs additional drivers for Saturday or Sunday work, RPCDs will be offered first and forced last and will make the Supplemental overtime rate if applicable. If the Saturday and Sunday volume increases to the extent that RPCDs must consistently work those days, the union and UPS may adjust the 25 percent to avoid the RPCDs being required to work those days.
What does If applicable mean? Under certain circumstances, can UPS force you to work the weekends and only pay regular wage? Does the 9.5 rule come back to bite you in the ass?

Do you really think that UPS is going to "adjust" the 22.4 numbers to keep RPCD's home, on the weekends? And why is it going to take one of the most anal number crunching company in the world up to 2 years to move RPCD's back to a Mon/ Friday shift?
RPCDs that are working a Tuesday through Saturday shift now will be moved back to a Monday through Friday shift within 18 months. If the RPCD was hired recently, specifically for a Tuesday through Saturday shift, the company has a maximum of 24 months to move them to a Monday through Friday shift.

Here's another little gem.
...In the event that your building utilizes 22.4 Combination Drivers, current Package Drivers, referred to in the agreement as Regular Full-time Package Car Drivers (RPCD), will be protected from replacement by 22.4 Combination Drivers or any part-time cover driver as allowed in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum. No RPCD can be laid off or displaced from their classification while any 22.4 Combination Drivers are working in the building....
So, if a 22.4 driver is laid off, then who works the weekend? If the company needs additional drivers for Saturday or Sunday work, RPCDs will be offered first and forced last.

And finally, this article raises some serious questions about just how good this contract proposal is.
http://www.tdu.org/hoffa_s_sales_pitch_for_two_tier_hybrid_drivers

But what the hell do I know about union contracts. Good luck. With Hoffa and his monkey men negotiating for you, you're gonna need all the luck you can get. Tapping out.
We would explore your contract, except you don't have one. You do what the company says, and you get what they give. :)

We would explore your contract, except you don't have one. You do what the company says, and you get what they give. :)
Actually, this 2018 small pack contract negotiation has become very interesting reading. You know who the players are and what they are trying to do or should be trying to do but the union negotiators are the wildcard. Are they really pushing for the teamsters or are they pushing to keep the money flowing? You never know when Hoffa and his monkey men are running the show.

It's true, I am non union and LTLAnonymous is correct in his posting, We would explore your contract, except you don't have one. You do what the company says, and you get what they give. :)
I'm a linehaul driver, who works Mon / Fri, with no forced weekend work, and made just North of 90k last year. For that, I can sit down, keep my mouth shut, and cash that paycheck every Wednesday.
Anyway, good luck.

As i have said, the contract language is pretty much useless. The grievance process is controlled by the company (if i have to explain how and why, it is more evidence that somone is trolling and not a ups union employee). The only thing that matters is money and seniority, because that is about numbers and even ups can't lawyer that a number isnt what it is.....

Actually, this 2018 small pack contract negotiation has become very interesting reading. You know who the players are and what they are trying to do or should be trying to do but the union negotiators are the wildcard. Are they really pushing for the teamsters or are they pushing to keep the money flowing? You never know when Hoffa and his monkey men are running the show.

It's true, I am non union and LTLAnonymous is correct in his posting, We would explore your contract, except you don't have one. You do what the company says, and you get what they give. :)
I'm a linehaul driver, who works Mon / Fri, with no forced weekend work, and made just North of 90k last year. For that, I can sit down, keep my mouth shut, and cash that paycheck every Wednesday.
Anyway, good luck.

Go to your company forum. And stop trolling here.