ABF | Time for concessions?

shooter

ABF, SCH dock
Credits
Watched the quarterly report yesterday.We continue to lose money.With the operating costs of our competition lower than ours Wes Kemp said ABF and IBT are talking about concessions to make us more competitive. Is it time for this?

NO!! Just a month ago he said we had enough cash to lose30 million a quarter for 2 years!! There just greedy they see what yrc getting they want it also...the problem is what if yrc goes out? Then we are stuck at the lower wage who wins then? send me my ballot, great big NO vote here!! We are nothing like yrc look at are books...wait till our customers here of this! There goes out stock as well..

Ditto on that NO vote, Our TM keeps telling us ABF has over 2 million in the bank and can still borrow when that is gone. We are far from considering a pay cut etc. And if our current Teamster leadership allows a vote, My faith in this administration will be gone. :Flame-On:

I don't think they will even try for wage concessions. I think that they're smarter than that. I think that they will try to use this to try and get out of the pension, somehow.

Ditto on that NO vote, Our TM keeps telling us ABF has over 2 million in the bank and can still borrow when that is gone. We are far from considering a pay cut etc. And if our current Teamster leadership allows a vote, My faith in this administration will be gone. :Flame-On:

Opps I meant 200 Million dollars and just a working man may be right!

Yeah after listening to it I believe that is what he is hinting to.Hey I"ll listen to there offer if its the same thing and saves them money then thats fine with me.

Bill Zollars the new god of the trucking inndustry. Lowering wages of ALL trucking companies, union and non union alike. Do you ever think it will stop. Non union companies will keep reducing their wages to be less than union companies. It will never end. Sadly YRC will probably go out, and if we hadn't taken any consessions by then ( wage or pension) we'll probably be in trouble. THIS S--KS

not feeling it in providence

our TM and dispatcher keep giving our work away, were still giving revenue away with a flatbed tow truck hauling our relo cubes and giving more revenue away with our local work to a non union carrier instead of finding another way to keep our revenue to ourselves..... truely a sad sight to see and no one really gives a ::shit::.....this same old ::shit:: has been going on year after year after year....not strapped for cash here..

giving it away

WERE BUSY AS HELL IN PROVIDENCE:nutkick:

WE 'VE BEEN GIVING REVENUE AWAY.... WE HAD AN INTERLINE CARRIER (non union) TAKE OUT A LOCAL PEDDDLE RUN WITH OUR LIFTGATE TRAILER TUESDAY AND THE FLATBED TOWTRUCK HAS BEEN DOING OUR RELO CUBES!!!!! SO NOTHINGS CHANGED HERE.......

toytrucker you guys have men laid off?? I hope not. If there useing interline for liftgate and relocubes....ifso contact your B.A so laidoff get paid!

forget it....

toytrucker you guys have men laid off?? I hope not. If there useing interline for liftgate and relocubes....ifso contact your B.A so laidoff get paid!

no layoffs, vacations and guy's on comp so there's nothing the union will do about that

Yellow is in fact bringing the whole trucking industries wages down. Please understand this!! We work hard for our hourly rate and most of us have been bearing the terrible cold weather and strain on our backs for years. We make good money I'll be the first to admit it but its not to much. Yellow has started a snowball effect by lowering there rates and lowering their employees wages right along with the rates. It will never work for them and we should never except it at ABF. The economy and our freight levels are already starting to look up. Don't cave in after a few quarters of losses. Don't forget all the quarters that they made millions. Probably for 10 years straight they made a profit every quarter. Taking a look at the pension issue is understandable but thats it. We will be lucky if we get 33% of it anyway. I will entertain a better way to fund our pension but I will vote no on giving one red cent of my hourly wage. NOT ONE RED CENT

Yellow is in fact bringing the whole trucking industries wages down. Please understand this!! We work hard for our hourly rate and most of us have been bearing the terrible cold weather and strain on our backs for years. We make good money I'll be the first to admit it but its not to much. Yellow has started a snowball effect by lowering there rates and lowering their employees wages right along with the rates. It will never work for them and we should never except it at ABF. The economy and our freight levels are already starting to look up. Don't cave in after a few quarters of losses. Don't forget all the quarters that they made millions. Probably for 10 years straight they made a profit every quarter. Taking a look at the pension issue is understandable but thats it. We will be lucky if we get 33% of it anyway. I will entertain a better way to fund our pension but I will vote no on giving one red cent of my hourly wage. NOT ONE RED CENT

I agree that something has to change with the pension. We are covered until the end of the contract on payments. But I also agree that we should not have to give back any of our wages. They are still hiring management trainees and sales people which means the boys at the fort still have money. DO NOT ASK ME TO WORK FOR LESS MONEY WHILE YOU ARE STILL SPENDING MONEY!

i've seen about 5 bux in raises over the last 16 years....i've watched buddys of mine in different industries blow by me as far as rate of pay goes...the only reason i stayed in this industry was for the pension....25 and OUT...(now thats looking bad too)
it will be a huge NO for me on wage concessions...
every other industry recieved fat raises over the last 15 or so years....everything went up and i know ABF raised their rates right along with it...so with everything going up except our pay they dont have any justification to haggle us out of our hard earned money...ok maybe they did'nt make their projected multi millions the last quarter or 2...SO WHAT...get over it i did'nt make my projected raises over the last 16 years...and i dont blame the economy for my losses...they do...so wait for the economy to get better and your millions will roll again...until then i dont even think they should be able to question any of us about concessions...
just my thoughts...