ABF | Time for concessions?

No rail

They still enterline,an we do not get much in exchange.We still run these routes.I say NO SUB while we have layoff drivers!
(Add to) no railroad when there's layoffs in OTR class! Why enterline with so many layoff guys.

the accountants running abf , there aint no more truckers running abf anymore, are pissing away money they wold have never done before. how many times have you heard of city guys running out of hours and having to get picked up while thir out? this is goin on all over the place, bying steer tires? they used to get their steers from the new wagons that come in. bid road driver put on unmakeable runs, sent to terminals to bed so the company has to pay. come on, they know what their doing makin the bottom line smaller than the top to make a case for concessions. i aint worked there in a year and a half an even i know what their dooin

the accountants running abf , there aint no more truckers running abf anymore, are pissing away money they wold have never done before. how many times have you heard of city guys running out of hours and having to get picked up while thir out? this is goin on all over the place, bying steer tires? they used to get their steers from the new wagons that come in. bid road driver put on unmakeable runs, sent to terminals to bed so the company has to pay. come on, they know what their doing makin the bottom line smaller than the top to make a case for concessions. i aint worked there in a year and a half an even i know what their dooin

In that year and a half, did you take any grammar/spelling lessions? Apparently not

Are any of you that voted no on layoff, I wander, probably not:ranting2: well theres about 3,000 drivers on layoff now and I bet everyone of them will vote yes including me. there is no way we can compete when all competers have a $12-$15 an hour advantage over us. get your heads out of your:eck13:

are any of you that voted no on layoff, i wander, probably not:ranting2: Well theres about 3,000 drivers on layoff now and i bet everyone of them will vote yes including me. There is no way we can compete when all competers have a $12-$15 an hour advantage over us. Get your heads out of your:eck13:
we take a 10-15% giveback so we can compete ...while mr. Kemp gets a 25% raise effective 1-1-10 who's head is up who's #$#%* ????

bottom line is the whole freight industry took a pay cut and are kickin our reer. do you want to gain any market share,and get our fellow drivers back to work??? Dont sound like it . let me guess you arent on layoff are you. try to look at the big picture not just at your paycheck!!!!!!!!!!!!

bottom line is the whole freight industry took a pay cut and are kickin our reer. do you want to gain any market share,and get our fellow drivers back to work??? Dont sound like it . let me guess you arent on layoff are you. try to look at the big picture not just at your paycheck!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not a layoff this is true however i have been before 2 years total i was laidoff at abf. yellow took that big concessions and still as of last week was laying off more teamsters. concessions doesn't guarentee that layoffs won't continue. we are supposedly losing money & can't compete yest the stock holders get a dividend & the president gets a raise.....something doesn't smell right. this is an attempt at union busting plain & simple more money for them to line their pockets. this is a case of covet the neighbors goods by abf YRC has it we want it. Hang tough rick ....i keep yours & all the laidoff families in my prayers. i have been there, 2 whole years worth!!!

I'm on lay-off and I still wouldn't vote yes! I consider all the money there saving to be my give back. In the last year I only worked about three months so I figure with pay and H&W I gave back about 65k. I think that's enough give backs for me!

Abf doesn't chase the lowest bid to gain marketshare they put their bid in and if the company they bid with likes it they use us. If not ABF doesn't make another offer. I've seen a few co. go out while at ABF they only go after freight that makes them a profit. That's why they are in sound financial shape, other than the economy taking a dump.

Yellow workers gave back 15% and their pensions for 18 months, not just to compete it is because their company was poorly run, to keep it afloat. Money back is supposed to be a last ditch effort, not to make more money for shareholders. The reason you are on layoff is because of the economy, that is how ABF and (there used to be many more) the other union companies have and always will adjust to bumps in the economic road. They adjust with manpower. I'm not saying I like it but it is what it is.

I disagree with you saying the reason alot of us are on layoff is due to the economy. The majority of freight we had is now being hauled by other ltl carriers. This is freight we had for years and they left because of pricing only. service dosent even matter to alot of these shippers its just the bottom line. save them a dime and they dont care how well you serviced their account.

Does anyone think that concession will bring people back to work. It's a hog board.Just think inflation is going to eat up your wages in the near future. ABF is not the only one going to the IBT and asking for concession.

Ive heard that song and dance from my branch manager, about walking away from freight if they dont make any money. Which is smart buisiness, In New Mexico there is only 2 ABF terminals. The other ltl companies drive 220miles to deliver here and we still cant compete with any of them. We had 2 major shippers here we handeled their freight for 20 yrs, they left us because of pricing. Abf has to do something to compete any ideas out there. Out here in the western part of the country there are few terminals in each state.

Ya, we should give something, it seems like that's all of you want to do. Then the trucking industry can make a big bronze shrine of Zollers for lowering the wages of all trucking employees.############# Except the upper management wages will stay they same and they will be able to keep their bonuses and stock options, and the list goes on. Sure I trust them to do the right thing. I VOTE NO

:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2 thats good vote for what you belive in, so will I . I respect your choice respect mine. im for a healthy profitable abf that has great jobs for their employees.
I will look at the proposal and if it isnt bad im vtin YES!!!!!!!!

Don't they have to have somthing to show us before we even have a vote. So far its all speculation and rumors. Or am I missing somthing. From the way it looks they already went to the union and got shot down.no matter what they come up with I'm all about a no vote. They are working overtime everyday at 034. Extended shifts. No 6th or 7th days. They can't work those without calling people back and I honestly don't think they intend to call anyone back. This much work and with guys on layoff and there are guys getting 16 to 20 hours a week on overtime extending shifts. Looks like they are doing something to keep the freight rolling.

Ive heard that song and dance from my branch manager, about walking away from freight if they dont make any money. Which is smart buisiness, In New Mexico there is only 2 ABF terminals. The other ltl companies drive 220miles to deliver here and we still cant compete with any of them. We had 2 major shippers here we handeled their freight for 20 yrs, they left us because of pricing. Abf has to do something to compete any ideas out there. Out here in the western part of the country there are few terminals in each state.
so we should give back 15% so they can give the customer a 90% discount. NOT! Becuase that's damn near what our competion is giving. That's what YRC is doing and it's not getting them anywhere.
im for a healthy profitable abf that has great jobs for their employees.
How would that be healthy or profitable.

I dont know where your workin out of but our terminal has tookin a serious beatin by all the other ltl companies out there.how do you suggest we compete then. I want you to give me an answer not just a bunch of b.s on how you would vote no against any concessions they put forth.GIVE ME AN ANSWER HOW DO WE COMPETE WITH LTL COMPANIES THAT HAVE $10-15 HOUR DOLLAR ADVANTAGE Dont just wine about your paycheck .THINK OF YOUR FELLOW TRUCKERS NOT JUST YOUR DAMN PAYCHECK