ABF | Time for concessions?

I would like to know is anyone of you are on layoff. If not what you say dosent even matter,proves the point all you care about is your paycheck . their are over 3000 of us on layoff. just consider the familys on layoff that cant even pay their bills , try lookin out for your fellow drivers besides your self. I think a 15% paycut would be unfair for ABF drivers . I would not vote over anything more than 5% cut across the board for management and drivers. I thought we were all fellow brothers but now I no you are not. no wonder union companies are going under look at yourselves. VERY SHAMEFUL

I would like to know is anyone of you are on layoff. If not what you say dosent even matter,proves the point all you care about is your paycheck . their are over 3000 of us on layoff. just consider the familys on layoff that cant even pay their bills , try lookin out for your fellow drivers besides your self. I think a 15% paycut would be unfair for ABF drivers . I would not vote over anything more than 5% cut across the board for management and drivers. I thought we were all fellow brothers but now I no you are not. no wonder union companies are going under look at yourselves. VERY SHAMEFUL

Let me see if I have this right. " IF or when", the company, would ask for concessions, you would not be a union man if you decided to vote no, according to you. If you don't think like me - you are not my brother!!!!! What a great philosophy!!!!

should we give up something now,what do you suppose we'll get at contract time? Free med pension boost don't think so!!!!

I dont know where your workin out of but our terminal has tookin a serious beatin by all the other ltl companies out there.how do you suggest we compete then. I want you to give me an answer not just a bunch of b.s on how you would vote no against any concessions they put forth.GIVE ME AN ANSWER HOW DO WE COMPETE WITH LTL COMPANIES THAT HAVE $10-15 HOUR DOLLAR ADVANTAGE Dont just wine about your paycheck .THINK OF YOUR FELLOW TRUCKERS NOT JUST YOUR DAMN PAYCHECK

I just come for a paycheck, things will get better! Lets just be better than the non's. I VOTE NO IN CHICAGO!:eck13: If they ask.

NO Way! Instead of ABF waiting for YRC to meet their demise. How about trying to solicit for new customers? When did you ever see an ABF commerical in the Northeast area?There are plenty of people I know of who moved out of the NYC area and used moving companies to move them. They never even heard of ABF. They need to advertise.

There you go Big Jay, give up some of your free time. Get some leaflets about u-pack/relo cubes from your tm or bm and post some on the boards at your local church, coffee shop, grocery store, where ever. But stop suggesting we give anything up. We didn't in 89, we don't need to now.

I actually think that these people who are willing to give concessions to the company even without them asking are thinking that the company will bring them back off lay off. They do not know the company too well if that's the case!

its kind of funny, all you do is want to protect your paycheck, ive been askin what you think we should do to gain buisiness, and all you can say is as long as i have a job and they dont cut my pay who cares. AGAIN HOW DO WE COMPETE 12-15 DOLLAR DISADVANTAGE OVER ALL OUR COMPETITORS? let me guess as long as i still get my paycheck!!!!!!

its kind of funny, all you do is want to protect your paycheck, ive been askin what you think we should do to gain buisiness, and all you can say is as long as i have a job and they dont cut my pay who cares. AGAIN HOW DO WE COMPETE 12-15 DOLLAR DISADVANTAGE OVER ALL OUR COMPETITORS? let me guess as long as i still get my paycheck!!!!!!

It's not our job to find a way to compete, that's managements job! I'm not management, are you? Our job consists of a fair days work for a fairs day pay.

here ya go..
take ten percent ..2.31x40 and ya got 92.40..multiply that by 52 weeks and you got 4804.80..multiply that by 300 people and ya got 1,441,440 multiply that by say 4 break bulks and ya got 5,765,760...now just take away the CEO and 1 VP's extra perks and you have that pretty much covered...
lmao...those corp[orate heads make 400,000 a year.. and their perks take them into the millions... so cut all of their perks for a year or so until the economy gets better and you wont have to take away from the broke barely making it teamsters that work for you...
hey somebody send me the pay that the top ten corporate heads for ABF make..including all of their perks .. and i'll go ahead and send them an unofficial proposal..
with the money those corporate heads make i am sure they could do without perks for a year or so until the economy picks back up

here ya go..
take ten percent ..2.31x40 and ya got 92.40..multiply that by 52 weeks and you got 4804.80..multiply that by 300 people and ya got 1,441,440 multiply that by say 4 break bulks and ya got 5,765,760...now just take away the CEO and 1 VP's extra perks and you have that pretty much covered...
lmao...those corp[orate heads make 400,000 a year.. and their perks take them into the millions... so cut all of their perks for a year or so until the economy gets better and you wont have to take away from the broke barely making it teamsters that work for you...
hey somebody send me the pay that the top ten corporate heads for ABF make..including all of their perks .. and i'll go ahead and send them an unofficial proposal..
with the money those corporate heads make i am sure they could do without perks for a year or so until the economy picks back up

Now, That would get a yes vote from me!

hey i'm just saying if they really needed it and came to me telling me they would skip the perks until it was over and they would return what they took from me with interest...yeah maybe i'd think about looking at something..hell i would'nt even need interest...just a fat check when the economy got better and they were turning their profits again...but they would have to cut out their personal perks all together... and that has to be reported because they are a publicly traded company... so if they did'nt cut them out you'd find that out and that would be a violation and punishable...

remind you ..that would be in my opinion the only way i'd possibly want to even look at a proposal from them...if they were willing to give..and alot from their own pockets.. then i'd think about looking at something... but it would have to show exactly what the executives were willing to come off...none of this garbage where they take from me and dont give anything... and i'm not talking 10% of their salaries... hell old boy just got a 25% raise...i'm talking where their real money comes from... give up the damn perks if you are so concerned... until then i dont even think the union should look at any proposals

look at dollar bill over at YRCW... how much was his bonus.. and at the same time they are taking more from the little guy...GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!
if it came down to it all i am saying is i dont want the same thing to happen here...

hey i'm just saying if they really needed it and came to me telling me they would skip the perks until it was over and they would return what they took from me with interest...yeah maybe i'd think about looking at something..hell i would'nt even need interest...just a fat check when the economy got better and they were turning their profits again...but they would have to cut out their personal perks all together... and that has to be reported because they are a publicly traded company... so if they did'nt cut them out you'd find that out and that would be a violation and punishable...

remind you ..that would be in my opinion the only way i'd possibly want to even look at a proposal from them...if they were willing to give..and alot from their own pockets.. then i'd think about looking at something... but it would have to show exactly what the executives were willing to come off...none of this garbage where they take from me and dont give anything... and i'm not talking 10% of their salaries... hell old boy just got a 25% raise...i'm talking where their real money comes from... give up the damn perks if you are so concerned... until then i dont even think the union should look at any proposals

look at dollar bill over at YRCW... how much was his bonus.. and at the same time they are taking more from the little guy...GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!
if it came down to it all i am saying is i dont want the same thing to happen here...

What really upsets me is when the company ran at a 94 and 95 all of them years, all of management, down to the last supervisor got bonuses. Which is fine by me, the company made money, do with it as they see fit. Now, after having 3 losing quarters they have the audacity to even try to come to us for a concession. Go and get them bonuses back!!!!!

Don't they have to have somthing to show us before we even have a vote. So far its all speculation and rumors. Or am I missing somthing. From the way it looks they already went to the union and got shot down.no matter what they come up with I'm all about a no vote. They are working overtime everyday at 034. Extended shifts. No 6th or 7th days. They can't work those without calling people back and I honestly don't think they intend to call anyone back. This much work and with guys on layoff and there are guys getting 16 to 20 hours a week on overtime extending shifts. Looks like they are doing something to keep the freight rolling.

Yes, for the last few weeks we have been able to work 12 hour days almost 5 days a week. Is working 60 hour weeks enabling the company to keep Teamsters laid off? I just wonder???? What if everyone at 034 got together and said we aren't extending our shifts while there are brother Teamsters laid off.(fat chance). Would that cause management to recall the laid off people? Or the age old threat of routing freight around us.

Yes, for the last few weeks we have been able to work 12 hour days almost 5 days a week. Is working 60 hour weeks enabling the company to keep Teamsters laid off? I just wonder???? What if everyone at 034 got together and said we aren't extending our shifts while there are brother Teamsters laid off.(fat chance). Would that cause management to recall the laid off people? Or the age old threat of routing freight around us.

YES! It's been like that for months! When I asked the T.M. why are guys working 12 to 13.5 hours a day and some even running out of hours weekly, while we were sitting at home on a letter of lay off. He told me that his bosses told him to run it like that and as long as he has men who are willing to do it, he will do it! Enough said.:Flame-On:

i'm gonna say they'd use the age old threat.. and all i was saying is they have the work rolling in..therefore they are making money and should'nt be crying broke

Why don't all the guys that can't wait for a cut in pay go ahead and give it back now. Let the rest go on and make what they make without constantly talking about it. Some of you act as if you just can't wait till it happens. I just don't understand it. Just a observation...