FedEx Freight | Time has ran out!!

This conversation went so far off the rails that I legitimately started laughing.

Y'all need the Canadian experience. Poutine with bacon bits, especially homemade. Hand cut french fries, lots of melted cheese curds, doused in gravy and covered in genuine bacon crumble. Can you feel your arteries hardening?
Just make dammed sure you have a Board Certified Cardiologist working @ the ER when they haul you in. It also might be wise to have the Paramedics parked outside the the building you are eating in during your myocardial infarction. Minutes count. von.
Have you ever mixed Miracle Whip into your mashed potatoes, good stuff. Hardly any bacon talk. Bunch of sissies.
Yes, I have. The only to roll. Besides, if you stir the 2 items, your guests would never know while raving about the flavor. von.

This conversation went so far off the rails that I legitimately started laughing.

Y'all need the Canadian experience. Poutine with bacon bits, especially homemade. Hand cut french fries, lots of melted cheese curds, doused in gravy and covered in genuine bacon crumble. Can you feel your arteries hardening?
Never heard of Poutine, sounds like something I'd give a try, arteries don't bother me, you only die once!

Time to get this thread back on topic so let's recap...

After one year of negotiating, the company and the union have agreed to 19 different "things"....19 things that we already have, 19 policies and procedures that are already in place...19 things that we already get FOR FREE!!!

After one year of negotiating the pro-union boys have made several proposals...healthcare, pension, etc and every proposal that they've submitted has been shot down...why, BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO LEVERAGE!!

Now we're getting inside info that the union agreed to a fast track election NOT because they think we filed light like the mouthpieces want everyone to believe, but rather they want to see if there's going to be a return on their investment!! You see, even the union realizes that there's no leverage and even the union sees the writing on the wall, they want to see what kind of support really exist in CLT before they continue to move forward wasting time and money on a lost cause!! Can anyone really blame them?? After all, 4 centers out of almost 370, 235 drivers out of 20K isn't exactly the type of support they had hoped for when they claimed back in 2010 that they were going to organize FedEx!!

It is still in need of organizing whether it be the union or self organized. It is a hostile environment in many respects.

It is still in need of organizing whether it be the union or self organized. It is a hostile environment in many respects.
Hostile is a strong word IMO...I'd prefer to see self organized. At centers were elections resulted in no votes they've created focus groups made up of drivers for drivers...they meet and discuss issues that drivers are having and they take those issues to local and regional management. From what I've heard it's turned out positive results on the local level which is usually where most of the problems are.

Hostile is a strong word IMO...I'd prefer to see self organized. At centers were elections resulted in no votes they've created focus groups made up of drivers for drivers...they meet and discuss issues that drivers are having and they take those issues to local and regional management. From what I've heard it's turned out positive results on the local level which is usually where most of the problems are.
I've always found that talking to people, instead of griping behind the scenes, works wonders. Anytime I've ever taken issue with something, I've taken it to the person capable of doing something about it. And most of the time, it yields positive results.

I support the union because we, as drivers, need to be stronger than the big companies which would seek to control us. And the Teamsters are, if nothing else, an excellent tool to keep the balance of power shifted our way. And for that, the union must remain alive.

But I have never needed the support of a union because I've never been afraid to have a conversation. People in management tend to listen surprisingly well if you don't sound like a lunatic or an idiot when you explain your issue to them. Bonus points for articulating it in a way that leaves them convinced it was their idea to make a change. It's truly amazing what a few words with the right person can accomplish.

The terms "favratism and hostility" are still relevant at certain centers. Simply because you don't experience them in your world do not make it so at others. While I agree the threat of the Union has provided positive results at many centers, I see first hand the ineptness and aforementioned practices on nearly a daily basis in my neck of the woods and I assure you that they could give a rats ass about my opinions. And the so called "Road Driver advisor" is a gd joke and a waste of financial resources

The terms "favratism and hostility" are still relevant at certain centers. Simply because you don't experience them in your world do not make it so at others. While I agree the threat of the Union has provided positive results at many centers, I see first hand the ineptness and aforementioned practices on nearly a daily basis in my neck of the woods and I assure you that they could give a rats ass about my opinions. And the so called "Road Driver advisor" is a gd joke and a waste of financial resources
These things happen every day in some centers, I happen to work in one of them/

I'm going to enjoy watching you eat crow July 7th. It's not because I'm pro union, but just because you're such a :censored: dick.

I'll make a bet with you over the election. The loser agrees to leave Truckingboards forever. The Union stays, you go. The Union goes, I go. You willing to wager?

Ouch that one hurt seems plastic hammer is reluctant to bet for some reason.:lmao:

Oh, I agree 100% but that's also why I said these focus groups help more on the local level. A lot of times the CCM is shielded from what's really going on at certain centers and sometimes it's the CCM that is the problem. Either way, until your issues are brought to the forefront they'll never be dealt with. What I've found over time is that more guys would rather complain in hopes of someone else taking the reins and solving the issues instead of dealing with them themselves. Why guys won't speak up is beyond me!! Our company has an open door policy as well as a chain of command...if one takes the time to walk through the door and then climb the ladder should they not get the results they desire, I think they'll find there's someone who will want to help resolve your issues.

NOTE: This post wasn't directed toward you personally Lube but rather to people in general since we all know someone that fits this description.

I've always found that talking to people, instead of griping behind the scenes, works wonders. Anytime I've ever taken issue with something, I've taken it to the person capable of doing something about it. And most of the time, it yields positive results.

I support the union because we, as drivers, need to be stronger than the big companies which would seek to control us. And the Teamsters are, if nothing else, an excellent tool to keep the balance of power shifted our way. And for that, the union must remain alive.

But I have never needed the support of a union because I've never been afraid to have a conversation. People in management tend to listen surprisingly well if you don't sound like a lunatic or an idiot when you explain your issue to them. Bonus points for articulating it in a way that leaves them convinced it was their idea to make a change. It's truly amazing what a few words with the right person can accomplish.
Great post!! :1036316054: