FedEx Freight | Time has ran out!!

Well I will stick with the real definition, otherwise how could someone debate your opinion?

The variance would lie in the "intense and selfish desire" part........in my mind a person can be financially successful and ambitious without being greedy.......I suppose there is a line where one crosses over, but that line will be different in eveyones mind, so we are debating opinions either way.......hence where I come up with the question posed earlier about which is worse. No matter how much we may believe in our own opinions, they are not concrete facts, thus the joy of debate......

The variance would lie in the "intense and selfish desire" part........in my mind a person can be financially successful and ambitious without being greedy.......I suppose there is a line where one crosses over, but that line will be different in eveyones mind, so we are debating opinions either way.......hence where I come up with the question posed earlier about which is worse. No matter how much we may believe in our own opinions, they are not concrete facts, thus the joy of debate......
You're arguing with a stick.

You're arguing with a stick.

I don't know about that.........I was just trying to relate a story about me watching some squirrels in the yard. One was scurrying around gathering up stuff, but I didn't see any others grouping up and demanding he share the fruits of his labor, protesting his methods of gathering, or condemning him as a greedy 1%er.......I guess it just struck me that squirrels may have things figured out better than a significant part of our population.....

The Soviet Union wasn't true Communism. It morphed into more of a State run Capitalism under Stalin..

Won't really disagree with you, but would be interested in knowing where an example of true communism has existed and served to improve the lives for the majority of a society. I believe that too many people are wired for liberty and independence, forcing them to become Dictatorial states in order to maintain power.....

I don't know about that.........I was just trying to relate a story about me watching some squirrels in the yard. One was scurrying around gathering up stuff, but I didn't see any others grouping up and demanding he share the fruits of his labor, protesting his methods of gathering, or condemning him as a greedy 1%er.......I guess it just struck me that squirrels may have things figured out better than a significant part of our population.....
Come on you know those squirrls were union.One working while the rest were watching and at the end of the day they all had the same amount Just saying enjoy the weekend

My point was you'll get no where with him, he puts his fingers in his ears and stomps his feet like a little kid.

The variance would lie in the "intense and selfish desire" part........

It seems we'll need to dive further into the "selfish" part, since intense is generally considered a positive trait (to a point). The truly selfish would be concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself, without regard for others.

Then we'll need factor in the degree of excess vs acceptable disregard. No mater how far we take it, consensus on a defined line is unlikely.

We could view your squirrel analogy from a reverse perspective... The lazy one, not securing his stockpile of nuts, might be considered selfish. After all, he/she enjoyed excessive free time, with the hope/expectation of charitable goodwill from the most productive member(s) of their society.

Now the final question: Who would be the truly greedy/selfish? The well stocked/adequately prepared, who chooses not to share, or the under stocked/under prepared, who expects the others to share?

But the Jews are God's people, not the Catholics...IMO...

As you said, for every link you post I can post one to contradict yours...

https://www.worldslastchance.com/end-time-prophecy/10-facts-you-must-know-about-the-jesuits.html

Who's to say who's right and who's wrong, guess we'll all find out soon enough!!
Interesting topic to say the least, guess that's why the religious fight has been going on for over 2000 years!!
Ask the Jews if they believe Jesus Christ is their Savior. Or is he a demon or heretic to them? I'd say the latter...or maybe just a 'teacher'.
That don't fly by any Christianity unless it's been infiltrated and corrupted...which it has...even by this present Pope.

It must be nice to say that everybody must work harder whilst somebody else gets all the gravy for doing next to nothing......just for being a chosen one.
I see similarity in that belief by you towards workers and employers.....and now towards Christians or jews.....It seems you lean Judaic....but that won't do anything for you unless you have the right DNA.
There is no such thing as Judeo-Christian IMO.
It's impossible.
If nobody get to the Father except through Christ....then they are living in sin by not converting.....and should not really be trusted as a people imo.
Unless you of course want to believe that the Messiah has not come and somehow only the Jews are favorable in God's eyes.

DD, as usual, you proved you're a brainless liberal who failed economics 101. A rising tide lifts all boats. 2 + 2 = 4. It's that simple.

ST
It never did that.....it only widened the wage gap and lengthened the welfare lines....It's a myth and a lie...for few to gain at the nations expense.

It seems we'll need to dive further into the "selfish" part, since intense is generally considered a positive trait (to a point). The truly selfish would be concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself, without regard for others.

Then we'll need factor in the degree of excess vs acceptable disregard. No mater how far we take it, consensus on a defined line is unlikely.

We could view your squirrel analogy from a reverse perspective... The lazy one, not securing his stockpile of nuts, might be considered selfish. After all, he/she enjoyed excessive free time, with the hope/expectation of charitable goodwill from the most productive member(s) of their society.

Now the final question: Who would be the truly greedy/selfish? The well stocked/adequately prepared, who chooses not to share, or the under stocked/under prepared, who expects the others to share?

If you really dig deep the Obama administration started this whole mentality. What we work for is everyone else's. The whole entitlement ideal.

All this entitlement talk set RC and I to thinking.
Are we entitled at no cost or effort to us a lifelong supply of good microbrew ales delivered ice cold to our front door every morning?
And the same for Big Dave?
Dew for him though, he couldn't handle our stuff.
I'm not certain but I don't think the Federal Govt has started an entitlement program that includes alcoholic beverages...cell phones, yes, but not alcoholic beverages. Give it time though, Commufornia will probably be passing a state law soon...and Big Dave can already get Dew with his EBT card!!

Last edited:
That $4.25/hr (Company contribution) was not for a Multi employer fund like Central States.

There are lot's of reasons for the CSPF downward spiral. You can read about it if you like.

How the Teamsters pension disappeared more quickly under Wall Street than the mob

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ho...kly-under-wall-street-than-the-mob-2016-04-04

NONE of this Pension nonsense applies to FedEx drivers. NEVER DID.

2 of the 3 parties involved would NEVER sign onto such a plan. So, it's nothing more than a topic for the argumentative to use, just for the sake of argument.
I hate to rehash this topic but I think everyone should find it interesting that the pension proposal that was made in CLT was in fact a multi-employer pension fund!!

The pension proposal made in CLT was to join one of the Western States Pension Fund's (?) that includes 13 or 14 other teamster's companies. It wasn't a defined pension as in a specific amount every month but rather similar to what we have now...I say similar but there were some differences. For example...

• our current pension contains only our company, the pension proposal made contained 13 or 14 other teamster companies meaning those companies not only had a say but could also effect our retirement

• the percentage of our current pension payout is determined by age plus years of service and that percentage is defined...the pension proposal made was that the administer of the plan determined the payout yearly meaning the payout percentage could fluctuate yearly depending on the performance of the fund

• although the proposed plan has been in existence since '58, our plan created in '08 is currently better funded and has a higher rating

I'm sure there were some more differences and I'll add those once I do some more research but as for now, it was in fact a multi-employer pension fund that was proposed in CLT.

Well done sir......almost exactly the point I was looking to make with my earlier question, though you did it in a much more through manner.....

I hate to rehash this topic but I think everyone should find it interesting that the pension proposal that was made in CLT was in fact a multi-employer pension fund!!

The pension proposal made in CLT was to join one of the Western States Pension Fund's (?) that includes 13 or 14 other teamster's companies. It wasn't a defined pension as in a specific amount every month but rather similar to what we have now...I say similar but there were some differences. For example...

• our current pension contains only our company, the pension proposal made contained 13 or 14 other teamster companies meaning those companies not only had a say but could also effect our retirement

• the percentage of our current pension payout is determined by age plus years of service and that percentage is defined...the pension proposal made was that the administer of the plan determined the payout yearly meaning the payout percentage could fluctuate yearly depending on the performance of the fund

• although the proposed plan has been in existence since '58, our plan created in '08 is currently better funded and has a higher rating

I'm sure there were some more differences and I'll add those once I do some more research but as for now, it was in fact a multi-employer pension fund that was proposed in CLT.
I know this for a fact.
My multi employer defined benefit pension from Western States pension fund from the years 1980 to 1990 when the pension AND medical contribution was approx $2.20 per hour will pay me $625 a month at age 65. My Viking defined benefit pension from 1991 to 2008 will only pay $100 a month more.
Our new and improved PPA will pay me $230 a month for 2008 to 2018. It's sooo much better.
SMH

The same pay for mileage and by the hour is what he was saying. There you go twisting people's words. If you think he means anything different your lying to yourself.

I very sincerely doubt that is what he is referring to, but it looks as though he wants to run with that narrative.....although it is a weaker argument than I originally gave him credit for....

I can state without a doubt that any issue with mileage\hourly pay is entirely of his own making. He has an opportunity everyday to make a life choice that would change his pay structure from hourly to mileage. Are there sacrifices involved from a lifestyle aspect? Absolutely. I can respect him valuing quality of life over extra wealth, as I have made that choice before, but I can't respect ire directed towards those that make the choice\sacrifices required to receive the monetary reward. Is someone willing to take on extra hardships for extra money greedy?