New Penn | Time to take a stand.

boston 25

TB Lurker
Credits
Good morning to all my brothers and sisters at New Penn. We are going to be given a chance in the very near future to voice our opinion on the current state of affairs. I have always been and will continue to be a NO vote. I don't believe in giving any concessions ever, once you do they just keep on asking. I am a third generation Teamster, my people have always been union people. What they fought for in the past to give us the contract we had can never be repaid. The current administration in D.C. seem to not understand what they are doing. They are simply destroying the greatest contract old man Hoffa ever negotiated. We as a company have struggled through the tough times and have managed to return to profitability. The rest of the regionals have managed to do the same as well. How can a little group such as ours run from coast to coast faster the national and come in claims free. We have competent management, not all of them but most of them. YRC cannot and will not be allowed to shut us down, we are the only positive cash flow they have. I say we take a stand this time let's stick together and tell them no more.

Boston :1sm057crazy: you make a lot of good points but don't you think we should wait an see what is coming..I have learned over the last few years since this all started that Newpenn management can LIE to us as good as anybody..How they came begging us for a yes vote the second time and now what I see it was only to protect their jobs..They care nothing about the working guy.. I am done with givebacks we gave back twice and YRC still can't get it right..We have wasted management where I work that know more about fantasy football then they know about freight..So if they want to save more money then let YRC start there clean up their own side before you come to me again...If you read what is going on in YRC's Atlanta term you would see what I mean lower management that just doesn't give a ::shit:: and think they can do whatever they want..

Simple plan

My prediction is YRCW will try to force this upon us New Penn Teamsters to relieve the company of pension liabilities until 2013, or even beyond. Not only would this free up cash from eliminating the pension payments the company is LEGALLY obligated to begin making January 1, 2011 (allowing more funds to be diverted to YRCW's mountain of debt) but it would improve the possibility of a sale of NP (minus pension liabilities). Prepare for the tired "If you don't vote YES, we will merge NP with YRC" line to be repeated over and over by company and union leadership. If YRCW, New Penn, and Teamster senior management believe that merging this successful regional company with a significant number of proud and dedicated employees into a poorly-managed national business model that doesn't work (and never will) is the only solution, then our time in this union is done (just look at how few freight Teamsters are left now). Merging regionals will put many more of us out of work until the eventual death of YRC brings down ABF and the NMFA. Why else is UPSFreight not in the NMFA? Even with their substandard white-paper contract UPSF is not making money as a national LTL. The future of YRCW is NOT the national model, but several well-run and highly profitable regional networks. Bill Z. call me at home and I will give you more info on my guaranteed plan to create automatic wealth!

Last edited by a moderator:
no ******* way

Good morning to all my brothers and sisters at New Penn. We are going to be given a chance in the very near future to voice our opinion on the current state of affairs. I have always been and will continue to be a NO vote. I don't believe in giving any concessions ever, once you do they just keep on asking. I am a third generation Teamster, my people have always been union people. What they fought for in the past to give us the contract we had can never be repaid. The current administration in D.C. seem to not understand what they are doing. They are simply destroying the greatest contract old man Hoffa ever negotiated. We as a company have struggled through the tough times and have managed to return to profitability. The rest of the regionals have managed to do the same as well. How can a little group such as ours run from coast to coast faster the national and come in claims free. We have competent management, not all of them but most of them. YRC cannot and will not be allowed to shut us down, we are the only positive cash flow they have. I say we take a stand this time let's stick together and tell them no more.

no ******* way hoffa must go and tyson johnson -------------------

No, thats all I can say. Time to call yrcw's bluff. How would this sound?

STRUGGLING YRCW SHUTS DOWN A PROFITABLE DIVISION OF THE CORPORATION

Good point, but would NEVER be reported as such!

The "profitable" amount is not enough to make a difference to YRC as a whole and the duplication of services would be found as a fault.

And please don't blast me as a "Junior member with 1 post".........I am far from it prior to the website changes.

Something to think about. We don't know if its true that they are going to ask for five years... But it is odd that their debt is at one and a half billion dollars and $350 million for five years would be one and a half billion dollars. Another way for US to pay for managments mistakes? or a plan to satisfy the lenders? Just saying.

Sounds like you guys are on the right track. I work for Holland, another regional company that is doing very well, and I have every intention of voting NO to any more cuts. Any cut is just a temporary fix for their finances. Their way of operating isnt working. Any idiot can see that. Making cuts at our expence, and not changing anything with their ways of operations, will not change anything!! I strongly believe that the only way to make them wise up, and make drastic changes to better their company, is for everyone to vote no! Make them find a solution to this problem, without us making all the sacrifices.

Zollars is the best poker player in the land--

the best hand he ever held was 10 high

and he won every pot so far

he can't lose

because he's got nothing to lose

do you feel lucky?
images

2058075_com_poker_card.jpg
and lost​

Zollars is the best poker player in the land--

the best hand he ever held was 10 high

and he won every pot so far

he can't lose

because he's got nothing to lose

Think your wrong this time,the guys at Newpenn fell for the bluff last time,Just before the second vote,management went around to most of the terminals and sold a bunch of lies..I don't think they will fall for it again..:452: :452: :452:

My Barn (Cinnaminson NJ) voted no all 3 times... I hope all of newpenn sticks together and turns in a big enough no vote that zollars chokes to death as he reads it!!

I'm surprised nobody commented on the caveat in the voting that New Penn votes separate from the rest of the Teamsters.