R&L | Time watching from dispatch

shadowr434

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Is this happening at all the centers?We are given 20 min to complete all duties upon arrival back at the terminal.I really haven't given this any thought as I never went over but yesterday dispatch counseled me on the fact that I went over 8 whole mins and asked me why.I had no idea why but asked if I ever went over before and was told no so I said why then are you harassing me now.This led me to ask safty how we are supposed to do a post trip inspection and everything else we are supposed to do in 20 mins.They said you cant,so I said maybe you guys should be doing something about this then.Well see if there is a change.

Yep we are under the gun also. Safty is a joke. They have no power. They are just window dressing for the FED. I just go about things like I have alway's done them. I see this as just another reason I no longer but out 100% after 8 hours. I move at 50% power after 5pm

Is this happening at all the centers?We are given 20 min to complete all duties upon arrival back at the terminal.I really haven't given this any thought as I never went over but yesterday dispatch counseled me on the fact that I went over 8 whole mins and asked me why.I had no idea why but asked if I ever went over before and was told no so I said why then are you harassing me now.This led me to ask safty how we are supposed to do a post trip inspection and everything else we are supposed to do in 20 mins.They said you cant,so I said maybe you guys should be doing something about this then.Well see if there is a change.

Been happening at our terminal for months now. It's part of a report that dispatch now has to fill out.Just go about your regular routine and don't give it a second thought.If they ask you again,I find it amusing to come up with creative excuses,turn it into a game and it makes the job a little more enjoying.They need to write down your reasons for their report,and after they see you don't take it seriously,the harrassment will stop and they will just write something on their own.Dispatch at our terminal just writes down the standard answers now and the drivers aren't bothered anymore.That 20 minute standard was set by the guys who just pull into yard,back right into their door,skip the safety lane and fuel island,and park their trucks and walk out.Those guys will never get in trouble for not following company policy.And I am glad I don't have to use their equipment.The real report should be for the guys who are punched out "WITHIN" 20 minutes!!! 20 minutes is impossible if you are doing the job correctly.

How about when they give a certain amount of time to get to barn after your last pick-up. If they are going to do that then they should tell driver which route to take on the inbound.

Well glad to hear you were counseled on your over time for your POST TRIP of 8 mins over. I WAS WRITTEN UP YES WRITTEN UP for not being able to explaine why I went 2 mins over yes 2 mins, what a crock of ::shit::.The write up said I was stealing company time and the next time would be more then a write up. Oh and you want to talk to safty about this lol lol good luck they have there hands tied or this would not hve got this far. If we need to get a light fixed or replaced we cant go to the shop and get it fixed right away it park the truck and trailer the shop will fix it later. We used to fuel trucks every night now we full everyother night to save time. This is really getting interesting what do you think.Question who will the blame come back on if ( because we are not allowed to do a post and pre trip the right way) and there is a safety issue that comes up because of an oversite on your post or pre trip. Who do u think safty is going to blame YOU ME and anyother LITTLE GUY they can push the blame on. enought said all this does is get me in trouble.

Your right.The fact is they want us to do a post trip inspection but they really want us to do it on or own time.They can pizz off.

They want us to do a pre-trip on our own time also....They have us coming in at 8:30, for a 9:00 appointment....It is a 30 minute drive!!!

They expect that we will do the pre-trip on our own time, to make the appointment on time, instead of having you come in at 8:00...

Sorry, not gonna work for free, especially for a bunch of ingrates!!! Their freight will get there late...

hold the phone just how in the world are you to do a post or pre trip on your own time. You cant walk the yard before punch in or out. Explain to me own my own time. My own time is before I punch in and after I punch out.

They want us to do a pre-trip on our own time also....They have us coming in at 8:30, for a 9:00 appointment....It is a 30 minute drive!!!

They expect that we will do the pre-trip on our own time, to make the appointment on time, instead of having you come in at 8:00...

Sorry, not gonna work for free, especially for a bunch of ingrates!!! Their freight will get there late...

At our barn, there are a lot of butt kissers that do their pre=trip and post-trip on their own time.These are the ones who work 5 days. What a joke.

hold the phone just how in the world are you to do a post or pre trip on your own time. You cant walk the yard before punch in or out. Explain to me own my own time. My own time is before I punch in and after I punch out.

Just what it says,you come in a half hour b4 your start time if you have an assigned tractor thats there and do a inspection.I don't think so.