Averitt | Tire Thief in Jacksonville Fla Area

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Many of our dropped trailers in the Jacksonville Fla area have had tires stolen from them, Averitt along with other carriers have had this happen...My thoughts are CONTAINER HAULERS....they are the LOW LIFE'S of our industry and they frequent the areas the trailers were parked at. SO I'll be looking at the tires of these old worn out pieces of junk....looking for Bridgestone R187 trailer tires on the steers and drives. Then I'll just take a picture of the truck and pass it along.
2rcuyy8.jpg

24lpw84.jpg

2csc3kl.jpg

5fq06d.jpg

this was happening in houston at my old job back in 2003. what we seen on camera always was someone in pickup trucks that look like they changed tires for a living, probably someone that was independent. they was selling these tires to the dump truck guys that owned their own truck. yeah the stem would be cut and they would always take the outside tires on the tandem on truck and trailer. you shold focus on guys that drive dump trucks

True....log trucks also....we were not the only carrier they hit, all were in the same General area, that Container Haulers frequent!

Maybe the thieves wanted to get a close up look at the terrific technology of our newly acquired SPRING RIDE ("fellas, we saved $100 per trailer purchased") trailers and needed a better side look. I'm surprised that those little cameras they paid extra for on all of these new trailers (instead of air ride of course) didn't pick up the thieves (very easily could have been wearing red shirts!). :wink: