XPO | 'Tis bidding season...and changes are coming!

Credits
We are not allowed to start the bidding process until everyone watches the new DVD Con-Way is putting out, in the coming weeks.
Well, what do you think the changes are going to be?

I think that the new bid process will demand you secure your seniority on that board of choice.
Example: If you choose Linehaul over P&D and get it for one year (or more), and then you choose to go back to P&D the following bid...you will go to the bottom of the P&D list. You lost all your seniority for having changed from Linehaul to P&D :1036316054:(like FedEx Freight and union carriers). Same goes for the person who goes from Linehaul to P&D and back...

Or maybe the new changes will include 2 bids a year (like FedEx Freight)...one during spring and and the other around fall.http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/images/smilies/nutkick.gif

I guess we'll have to wait and see...Hmmm.

We are not allowed to start the bidding process until everyone watches the new DVD Con-Way is putting out, in the coming weeks.
Well, what do you think the changes are going to be?

I think that the new bid process will demand you secure your seniority on that board of choice.
Example: If you choose Linehaul over P&D and get it for one year (or more), and then you choose to go back to P&D the following bid...you will go to the bottom of the P&D list. You lost all your seniority for having changed from Linehaul to P&D :1036316054:(like FedEx Freight and union carriers). Same goes for the person who goes from Linehaul to P&D and back...

Or maybe the new changes will include 2 bids a year (like FedEx Freight)...one during spring and and the other around fall.http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/images/smilies/nutkick.gif

I guess we'll have to wait and see...Hmmm.

Thank you, that's a little more information than I was getting from the other thread.

A bid every six months would be good. I hope they don't seperate the two. (L/H and P&D). How would it benefit the company to run two different boards?

A bid every six months would be good. I hope they don't seperate the two. (L/H and P&D). How would it benefit the company to run two different boards?

This is only a guess, but it may be one of those typical knee jerk reactions to drivers complaining about the mass exodus from P&D to L/H when OT got squelched.

But there in-lies two questions;
Again, as Beerfd asked, how does it benefit The Corporation and
Why does this, out of so many DSR concerns, get such prompt attention?

Note; If these changes are caused by those driver's concerns, then seniority benefits are, as I thought they would, dissipating.

Why not?

This should make some of you very happy....for now. And it will serve to disrupt any inroads toward unity.

This is only a guess, but it may be one of those typical knee jerk reactions to drivers complaining about the mass exodus from P&D to L/H when OT got squelched.

But there in-lies two questions;
Again, as Beerfd asked, how does it benefit The Corporation and
Why does this, out of so many DSR concerns, get such prompt attention?

Note; If these changes are caused by those driver's concerns, then seniority benefits are, as I thought they would, dissipating.

Why not?

This should make some of you very happy....for now. And it will serve to disrupt any inroads toward unity.

Quite true. The way the company handles seniority is such a patchwork mess. They hire a guy and then drop him in the land of Oz where nothing is stabile and barely defined. He's unhappy? They take goodys from the senior guys and give it to him Hoping he stays, thus pissing off the senior. The very guy that's tried and true that can take a trailerload of crap and deliver it without generating a single problem. The guy that can sniff out a customer that's operating out of a closet on the 5th floor of some old building with the wrong address because experience tells him he's up there. If I had a fine crew like conway's, I would not be kicking the seniors in the nuts

senior

Quite true. The way the company handles seniority is such a patchwork mess. They hire a guy and then drop him in the land of Oz where nothing is stabile and barely defined. He's unhappy? They take goodys from the senior guys and give it to him Hoping he stays, thus pissing off the senior. The very guy that's tried and true that can take a trailerload of crap and deliver it without generating a single problem. The guy that can sniff out a customer that's operating out of a closet on the 5th floor of some old building with the wrong address because experience tells him he's up there. If I had a fine crew like conway's, I would not be kicking the seniors in the nuts
great post,co gonna do what they want to do, and so will we .:tongue0002:

Good follow up, but you have just touched the surface. There are endless bennies to retaining an experienced work force. In addition, there are issues pertaining to loyalty toward the people that built this company.

But The Corporation seems to not see it that way. Oh, they may say so but their actions prove otherwise.

it is hard the first few months after bids...IE.. new L/H drivers not knowing the demands at reship...new P&D drivers not knowing all the stops and paper work.
so being married to the position is going to work good for everyone...Deal with it

well,I guess the botton guy has the right to hold his good start time and maybe get a new tractor of his choice so he can be happy and the guy with the time vested won't have a choice than stay and try to retired so he can be happy too

This is not going to be a happy time for me.Looks like i'll be gone ASAP. All those years wasted,Oh well.

The older guys have thrown their buckets away ,now the ship is doomed .

My bucket just doesn't hold water anymore.
It's got a bunch of corporate size holes shot in 'er.

Glad I never heard this in the Navy;

ALL HANDS

ALL HANDS

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

PREPARE TO ABANDON SHIP

SET WATERTIGHT INTEGRETY ZEBRA

SET CONDITION OSCAR

SET CONDITION DELTA

SET CONDITION FOXTROT

SET CONDITION VICTOR

AND SET CONDITION WHISKEY

WEPS, PREPARE TO SCUTTLE ORDNANCE

ALL HANDS

PREPARE TO ABANDON SHIP

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Bankrupt said:
My bucket just doesn't hold water anymore.
It's got a bunch of corporate size holes shot in 'er.

The bottom of mine rusted apart from all the toxicity.

barnzz8.jpg

I found the promise bucket next to the yellow Haz-Mat barrel!
promiseev9.jpg

I haven't seen a monday communication meet in 2 years. I wonder if this will be a special showing.