ODFL | TL department is all but over.

imported_jason

TB Lurker
Credits
1st only one driver still is using the big black truck and that is a dedicated run that fell in ODs lap.

2nd the sales members have not sold this at all. im guessing its probley everywhere but ive talked to several sales people and they had never heard of ODTL.

3rd im a local driver and ive spoken to several customers, just as a kind of side conversation, and they have never heard of the TL div either. Like 2 off the top of my head have tons of frt going out each day and HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE ODTL DIV AT ALL.

has anyone heard of the TL div in terms of there sales guys going for it or what?

3 black freightliners parked at MRT, they're now using them for linehaul.
I think the flatbeds are still running.

OD owned a truck load carrier called Deaton when i was hired and it was sold off very early 90s.I think it is cheaper for them to call in an outside TL carrier to haul it for us than to build a fleet that may or may not be profitable.

3 black freightliners parked at MRT, they're now using them for linehaul.
I think the flatbeds are still running.

they turned the flat beds in we are all pulling vans now although we are owned by the congdons this division is run seperate out of the truck leasing division and we are going strong we identifiy ourself as oddl or old dominion dedicated logistics from what im told there hiring for a new fleet out of norfolk and a flatbed fleet is coming in nov don't now where it will be out of yet they have not said but we are assigned to dedicated customers and when we have to have a backhaul we don't take from od frieght we usually haul stuff odfl usually won't touch