Holland | TM

Did the TM at Mn get fired?
I heard they walked him out...I think his name was Pat and he was well liked. The story I heard was that they said he was being let go because he could not hire enough guys....I am sure it was his fault and our pay schedule had nothing to do with it!

I heard they walked him out...I think his name was Pat and he was well liked. The story I heard was that they said he was being let go because he could not hire enough guys....I am sure it was his fault and our pay schedule had nothing to do with it!

well liked by the drivers = too nice. he probably wasnt hitting his goals, one of them maybe was recruiting. i really miss the couple of weeks where we had 8-10 hr days and we could go home, we are back to our perpetual 14 hrs/day routine. i wish we could keep the people we hire rather than running them off. i like being able to work overtime but its too much, too often.

I have heard management at our tterminal say theyve gone to the driving schools and truckstops to recruit (they werent joking).

Story I heard was that HE Quit on his own and walked out ,tried of the B.S. & unrealistic goals and NOT be able to hire anybody , because of our pay scale and 14 - 15 hour days ! And yes heard he was a good guy , and now who they going find to take the job ??

That's a damn shame. Pats a good manager and a better person. I hope he stuck to his values and walked on his own.
Yes, it seems to be the YRCW - Holland way ,that if he is a Good Guy & Driver's like him ,they **** em em off till they Quit or fire em , this company is " VERY DYSFUNCTIONAL " right now and no end in sight and the list is growing of Driver's that are going to Retire early or Quit and move on ,can't handle the DYSFUNCTIONAL daily B.S. and the 14-15 hour days !

MI has been running without a TM since ryan quit/was walked out. We don't see any difference I wouldn't know what it's like to work for a well liked TM. You can bet whoever gets hired here or Mn will only have to answer one question. " At holland we have a policy, written verbal, written written, layoff, termination" Because of the %$^union, we aren't able to make it stick most times, but you'll spend most of your day trying to enforce this policy.
we can overlook a lack of experience in the LTL business, as long as we see results in write-ups, layoffs etc. Oh and btw, this is a temporary position, you won't be here more than a year before we walk you out" . No ones showed up for the interview? hmmmm

New TM seems to be on the right path down in Spartanburg. One outbound supervisor fired, the other put his notice in. Not one road driver has shed a tear for them.

Pat was the type man that would give you every chance to right yourself until they would take it out of his hands. Skull Pat came up from a dockhand to a driver then a dispatcher. There was nothing he couldn't do at the terminal except, I guess recruit. This is our lose and someone else's gain.

As to Ryan a couple less Mt Dews per our would probably helped his fate. iMessage XPO will control his colorful language.

So how many terminals are without manager's now or have new Idiot ones that know nothing ?? and T-Shack told us ,oh yeah I'll get you a good new manager ??? right !! :hilarious:

Pat was the type man that would give you every chance to right yourself until they would take it out of his hands. Skull Pat came up from a dockhand to a driver then a dispatcher. There was nothing he couldn't do at the terminal except, I guess recruit. This is our lose and someone else's gain.
Wow not too many people do it the hard way anymore. sounds like a good guy. It would be interesting to work for someone who knew how to drive.

Wow not too many people do it the hard way anymore. sounds like a good guy. It would be interesting to work for someone who knew how to drive.
Be nice to work for someone that new something about the LTL business. Lately this whole company feels like a house of cards and one of these days it is just going to collapse.

I believe they are turning over to us!!!
I bet if they let the drivers at every terminal vote for TM's and supervisors from current employees we would receive a profit sharing check every quarter because the profits would be so high and moral would be ten times better. I wonder why some companies get it that experienced drivers make great guys to run things at companies and other companies would not let one in the office unless they are on light duty?