TN. Swift Semi hit by a Train.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Train And Tractor Trailer Collide In Greeneville | TriCities

trucktrain2.jpg

I'm kind of surprised none of you stated the obvious?
When I saw this crash the first thing that came to my mind was.
"NOT TO SWIFT,driver!"

the really bad part is the next morning there was another swift truck parked on the tracks waiting on this plant to open good thing another train didn't come thru

...witnesses say the truck driver was attempting to deliver beans to the So-Pac-Co plant and was stopped at the front entrance by a closed gate. That left the trailer straddling the track when a train moved past the plant entrance. The train hit the trailer of the truck.

No one was hurt. Police didn’t know how the accident happened.

There are some ASTOUNDINGLY STUPID police in Tennessee or quite probably the ones at the scene are former swift drivers.

I'd take the former choice myself. Half the police out there are idiots and control freaks. There really is a thin line between being a cop and being a criminal, wearing a badge and a gun.

Thanks!

Had a similiar situation in another town where a small back road would back up with traffic while trucks tried to get into a big business. Part would be on the train tracks (either cars or another truck behind). The road was straightened, made wider and goes at a different angle. Only took them around 5 years to figure it out :thumbsup:

This company only closes the gate after hours this swift truck was waiting on the plant to open there was no one there when he got hit

Any City is actually NOT RESPONSIBLE for the driving characteristics of incompetent vehicle operators.
Where Streets intersect Rail lines, these have been for over 100 years with few incidents unlike the recent 10 years with the overwhelming increase of STUPID and INCOMPETENT truck drivers as well as SIMPLEMINDED 4 wheel drivers STOPPING and/or PARKING on Rail Lines as if to say "I dare you".
I like seeing Big Trucks get slammed by Trains because IT IS WHAT IT IS and it's dam funny.:biglaugh:

CK: perhaps these drivers think trains can stop on a dime like 4 wheelers think we can. I have no sympathy for drivers who park on R/R tracks. Stop, look and listen was ground into my skull at an early age. Most freight locomotives can run over any car or truck and sustain no damage at all; that's how thick and heavily they are built.

...and the main problem with these zeroes that park on R. R. Trax is they're usually as well THICK (headed) and HEAVILY BUILT (from truck slop cuisine).