ABF | To all members that are struggling with this decision

We differ in our prognostications, you seem to feel that horrific results may ensue, I don't. I have been through this scare BS for 8 contracts. I am willing to take that risk. What about 6 months from now when they say we are cutting your med coverage? Swinging yet? What about 1 yr from now when they say we arent going to contribute to your pension? Swinging yet? What about 18 months from now when they say they need another 15% back? Swinging yet? Been in this business a long time, I cant recall when a concession has saved a company and labor got it back. Maybe someone can help me out. I can't recall one. The way it seems to go, is there are concessions, labor eats it. Big boys get huge severance packages and golden parachutes made from your concessions. We will all draw the line somewhere. For me it is here. Vote your heart brothers

If we swing hard enough now, we guarantee that we won't have to worry about what happens six months from now. The company will be gone and our freight (not our jobs) will be absorbed by other, cheaper, non union carriers. Seems like if you've been around that long you would have seen the union carriers dropping like flies throughout the years. Wake up.

It's better to remain silent and appear ignorant, than to speak and remove all doubt.

If we swing hard enough now, we guarantee that we won't have to worry about what happens six months from now. The company will be gone and our freight (not our jobs) will be absorbed by other, cheaper, non union carriers. Seems like if you've been around that long you would have seen the union carriers dropping like flies throughout the years. Wake up.

It's better to remain silent and appear ignorant, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Reread my post, I don't agree that a no vote would mean the company will be gone. I have seen the union carriers dropping like flies, after giving concessions. Thats the point. This is just the first bite of the apple. IMO. They will come back for more, don't kid yourself. Why the anger son? We just have differnt places where we draw the line. Doesn't make you a bad guy, doesn't make me ignorant.

You forgot about the USF buyout I was there they announced our closure on day one they owned us. They paid 1.37 billion to eliminate competition plus terminals and equipment
And don't you suppose that is exactly what they would like to do to us? That is their MO...

To all My Brothers and Sisters: Time is almost here, and we need to make sure we vote... Please do not vote from fear, that some are trying to spread on here.

Vote what is best for you and your family.... Expect the worst and hope for the best

To all My Brothers and Sisters: Time is almost here, and we need to make sure we vote... Please do not vote from fear, that some are trying to spread on here.

Vote what is best for you and your family.... Expect the worst and hope for the best
The time is almost here? I thought time had passed already. :shrug: Well..it did at my house.