ABF | To all the yes voters who gave away the shop.

truxforever

TB Regular
Credits
You should really be proud of yourself at this moment in time. Every company is hurting right now trying to find any drivers in this driver shortage. A good LTL driver is even harder to find. What do you do go out and sell us short!!! We had the upper hand in this, the right place at the right time in history.

Joyce Brenny, chief executive of Brenny Transportation in Minnesota, gave her truck drivers a 15 percent raise this year, but she still can’t find enough workers for a job that now pays $80,000 a year.

“The drivers deserve the wages. They really do, but the raises are coming so fast that it’s hard to handle,” said Brenny, who is having to adjust contracts for drivers – and customers – rapidly.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/shortage-of-truckers-starting-to-cause-prices-to-rise/

You should really be proud of yourself at this moment in time. Every company is hurting right now trying to find any drivers in this driver shortage. A good LTL driver is even harder to find. What do you do go out and sell us short!!! We had the upper hand in this, the right place at the right time in history.

Joyce Brenny, chief executive of Brenny Transportation in Minnesota, gave her truck drivers a 15 percent raise this year, but she still can’t find enough workers for a job that now pays $80,000 a year.

“The drivers deserve the wages. They really do, but the raises are coming so fast that it’s hard to handle,” said Brenny, who is having to adjust contracts for drivers – and customers – rapidly.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/shortage-of-truckers-starting-to-cause-prices-to-rise/
Perhaps it’s time to hear from some of the ‘YES’ voters. What was it that made you vote FOR this contract?

Perhaps it’s time to hear from some of the ‘YES’ voters. What was it that made you vote FOR this contract?

And I would hope it's not...."Fear for their job"...........

Good Grief!.......There wouldn't be that many rocks in the entire state of Arkansas to live under,...if you believed ArcBest was going to shut down......

What are some of the better options I'll go . It's just a job now. Pension going solvent in 2027. Work long hours, no after work life 2/3 of workers are yes voters. Some say they like the benefits others say happy just to get a contract. Probably spun off eventually. Most ltls the same treat drivers real bad. I don't have much to show for working 50 to 60 hours last 15 years. In ltl. I live simple raising kid's. What are good drivinh jobs now a days when I drive by a state or federal building and see a pack parking lot because they gave everyone these jobs saying it the only jobs left . I feel no hope on he future. I'm pulling to much dead weight as a taxpayer. So what's left.

What are some of the better options I'll go . It's just a job now. Pension going solvent in 2027. Work long hours, no after work life 2/3 of workers are yes voters. Some say they like the benefits others say happy just to get a contract. Probably spun off eventually. Most ltls the same treat drivers real bad. I don't have much to show for working 50 to 60 hours last 15 years. In ltl. I live simple raising kid's. What are good drivinh jobs now a days when I drive by a state or federal building and see a pack parking lot because they gave everyone these jobs saying it the only jobs left . I feel no hope on he future. I'm pulling to much dead weight as a taxpayer. So what's left.
Grab a kettle and bell.

There wives!!!!!!!!!

Their wives? Whew!. Must be some high-tensile steel-grade apron strings out there.......

Or,.....Maybe Wal-Mart has been handing out free Emasculation kits to the unsuspecting public........

In the future,......"I voted Yes three years ago, dear,.....and they informed me that my job is now subcontracted out and I can get maybe three days a week, on-call...." Whack! Upside the head with the rolling pin! "Go down there, you spineless twerp,...and tell that TM you'll do ANYTHING for more work!..."

Yeah.........Let the wife call the shots.......(...you'll get the blame, no matter what....).......

I voted yes. And I voted that way because I evaluated the the TA, I posted on social media, TB and FB, I spoke with numerous employees, I spoke with the BA's at the union hall, I went to the union meeting (even after ranting on TB about not being able to afford the gas with our tiny $0.30 raise), I went to the ABF contract meeting where Lendon Grisham spoke, and I had conversations with union and ABF employees at the different ABF terminal (I'm a road driver). I read and evaluated ABF financal statements (10k and 8k), I used what I leaned in college (undergraduate degree in non-profit management) and what I learned getting my MBA (both degrees from accredited state university's) to decide that voting yes was the correct choice. And I do not regret my YES VOTE. It was as informed decision as I could make.

I voted yes. And I voted that way because I evaluated the the TA, I posted on social media, TB and FB, I spoke with numerous employees, I spoke with the BA's at the union hall, I went to the union meeting (even after ranting on TB about not being able to afford the gas with our tiny $0.30 raise), I went to the ABF contract meeting where Lendon Grisham spoke, and I had conversations with union and ABF employees at the different ABF terminal (I'm a road driver). I read and evaluated ABF financal statements (10k and 8k), I used what I leaned in college (undergraduate degree in non-profit management) and what I learned getting my MBA (both degrees from accredited state university's) to decide that voting yes was the correct choice. And I do not regret my YES VOTE. It was as informed decision as I could make.
Alright. Fair enough. At least you did your due diligence.

And I don't put a lot of credibility in people who make or second guess their decisions based on an article in the Seattle Times or any other newspaper. News, according the US Supreme court, is considered entertainment. And so your decisions are premised on the entertainment industry. Smart choices by smart people.

I see you used your nonprofit degree by voting yes because you damn sure won’t profit from this contract. Universities Is the proper spelling but hey you are a smart guy. When did you ever find time to drive a truck. And as for Grisham just check his Teamster background then you may not be so fast to post his opinion. You crack me up.

I see you used your nonprofit degree by voting yes because you damn sure won’t profit from this contract. Universities Is the proper spelling but hey you are a smart guy. When did you ever find time to drive a truck. And as for Grisham just check his Teamster background then you may not be so fast to post his opinion. You crack me up.
Thanks for the spelling correction but I was never very good at spelling; thank God for spell check! In the name of fair play; questions end in question marks (?) as in "When did you ever find time to drive a truck."