ABF | To all the yes voters who gave away the shop.

Thanks for the spelling correction but I was never very good at spelling; thank God for spell check! In the name of fair play; questions end in question marks (?) as in "When did you ever find time to drive a truck."
I never pretended to be one of higher learning such as you. It did not impressed me. Just look at all those childish post you have made. And then you claim to have not one but many degree’s. Not buying that.

I voted yes. And I voted that way because I evaluated the the TA, I posted on social media, TB and FB, I spoke with numerous employees, I spoke with the BA's at the union hall, I went to the union meeting (even after ranting on TB about not being able to afford the gas with our tiny $0.30 raise), I went to the ABF contract meeting where Lendon Grisham spoke, and I had conversations with union and ABF employees at the different ABF terminal (I'm a road driver). I read and evaluated ABF financal statements (10k and 8k), I used what I leaned in college (undergraduate degree in non-profit management) and what I learned getting my MBA (both degrees from accredited state university's) to decide that voting yes was the correct choice. And I do not regret my YES VOTE. It was as informed decision as I could make.
Muler, what about this post is not true. You seem to be trying to bury it? Why? I voted yes and this is why. Why does this scare YOU so badly?

Muler, what about this post is not true. You seem to be trying to bury it? Why? I voted yes and this is why. Why does this scare YOU so badly?

As Bro. LTL Anonymous said,....you did your due diligence. You had convinced yourself....( barring any outside influence..) that your decision was correct. And,....you're still standing by it.

I think many of us believe the T/A could've been much better. Historically speaking,...there has never been a more opportune time for truck drivers as a class, and LTL drivers, specifically,.....to do extremely well in contract talks.

I think the point comes down to whether you've accepted something palatable,....merely for the sake of expediency,......and that other ABF Teamsters had a vision of pushing the negotiations further to achieve something better than merely palatable,.....based on historical and economic considerations.

Well,......as in the last contract,.....Time will tell. The nine Supplements will have a frenzy of activity thrown at them from both the company and the IBT,...........but we can see there is no ...."immediate"...strike.

There may be many regrets for us accepting the companies' first offer.........There may be many regrets accepting a 53 month contract......All a little too late now.....

"A Cautious man never qualifies for a Massive tombstone".........I just made that up.........Not bad for an aphorism on the fly, so to speak.........

I'm in the southern supplement and I get the opinion from talking to the BA, Lendon Grisham, the union stewards, and drivers on the party line at night that most are not going to make any suggestions to the union.

I voted yes. And I voted that way because I evaluated the the TA, I posted on social media, TB and FB, I spoke with numerous employees, I spoke with the BA's at the union hall, I went to the union meeting (even after ranting on TB about not being able to afford the gas with our tiny $0.30 raise), I went to the ABF contract meeting where Lendon Grisham spoke, and I had conversations with union and ABF employees at the different ABF terminal (I'm a road driver). I read and evaluated ABF financal statements (10k and 8k), I used what I leaned in college (undergraduate degree in non-profit management) and what I learned getting my MBA (both degrees from accredited state university's) to decide that voting yes was the correct choice. And I do not regret my YES VOTE. It was as informed decision as I could make.

Nice post but there is not one reason why you voted yes contained in this post. A reason would be something like I believed the company would go broke if the raises were bigger you know something like that.

Nice post but there is not one reason why you voted yes contained in this post. A reason would be something like I believed the company would go broke if the raises were bigger you know something like that.
There is no single reason why I voted yes. It was multiple reasons. I will ask you the same question; what single reason convinced you to vote no?

There is no single reason why I voted yes. It was multiple reasons. I will ask you the same question; what single reason convinced you to vote no?
Best economic conditions in a long while, ArcBest making money hand over fist & you settle for the first thing they throw at you....They claimed it was a take it or leave it contract, Well it looks like they are going back to the table to work on the supplements after we were told it was one & done....

I voted no for a few reasons. One the last five years have been horrible to me as far as vacation goes. Two, the raises not good in last 10 years 2 dollars if you work for your self to make it you need closer to 10 percent a year. At abf you are dependant on overtime all work no play. It take a different type of person to stay here usualy desperate. with driver shortages either they say that to get new suckers or I will go if I see better opportunities else where. abf bearly cuts it as far as making it. You give alot of your life up Most people there best years of life and you don't have to be that smart to see it slipping away. I'm tired and workn out. And tired of paying for everybody and everything half ofamericans are unemployable. And government just gives them state or federal jobs the new welfare.

I voted no for a few reasons. One the last five years have been horrible to me as far as vacation goes. Two, the raises not good in last 10 years 2 dollars if you work for your self to make it you need closer to 10 percent a year. At abf you are dependant on overtime all work no play. It take a different type of person to stay here usualy desperate. with driver shortages either they say that to get new suckers or I will go if I see better opportunities else where. abf bearly cuts it as far as making it. You give alot of your life up Most people there best years of life and you don't have to be that smart to see it slipping away. I'm tired and workn out. And tired of paying for everybody and everything half ofamericans are unemployable. And government just gives them state or federal jobs the new welfare.
Brother I hear and feel your pain. You are not alone in feeling stepped on and run over! One of the many reasons I voted yes was because of the union wanting more money to go into retirement funds. Look at all the local unions that were against the contract because of the pension freeze. Especially the northeast local unions. Now consider if we voted NO and in the next contract you received a $2.00 pay cut so that $2.30 could be paid into the northeast pension! You would be working for $22.63 not $24.93 (with the $0.30 raise). How much worse would you feel then? How much overtime would you need to work?

Brother I hear and feel your pain. You are not alone in feeling stepped on and run over! One of the many reasons I voted yes was because of the union wanting more money to go into retirement funds. Look at all the local unions that were against the contract because of the pension freeze. Especially the northeast local unions. Now consider if we voted NO and in the next contract you received a $2.00 pay cut so that $2.30 could be paid into the northeast pension! You would be working for $22.63 not $24.93 (with the $0.30 raise). How much worse would you feel then? How much overtime would you need to work?
Ya, god forbid we have a decent retirement! Does Judy know your still posting?

Best economic conditions in a long while, ArcBest making money hand over fist & you settle for the first thing they throw at you....They claimed it was a take it or leave it contract, Well it looks like they are going back to the table to work on the supplements after we were told it was one & done....
So break down for me how ARC BEST is making money hand over fist as you say? Please use actual financial figures available on the sec website, the companies website, the 2017 financial statement, etc. None of the entertainment sites. There are several legitimate sites like yahoo finance and msn money and seeking alpha that have easy to read financial statements where most of the work is already done for you.

So break down for me how ARC BEST is making money hand over fist as you say? Please use actual financial figures available on the sec website, the companies website, the 2017 financial statement, etc. None of the entertainment sites. There are several legitimate sites like yahoo finance and msn money and seeking alpha that have easy to read financial statements where most of the work is already done for you.
It Has all been posted on here before the contract was voted on, if you can’t comprehend the numbers that are out there and the positive quarters arcbest had then maybe your buddy Rollin62 can lend you a bag to put over your head because you seem to be just as clueless as him....

It Has all been posted on here before the contract was voted on, if you can’t comprehend the numbers that are out there and the positive quarters arcbest had then maybe your buddy Rollin62 can lend you a bag to put over your head because you seem to be just as clueless as him....
So repost it.

Ya, god forbid we have a decent retirement! Does Judy know your still posting?
GO40, you are a simple son of a bitch, aren't you. Make this world a better place and quit posting on the trucking boards. Take your feeble minded cohorts with you.

From now on you better make sure your company is making money. In the near future if you are an orphan your pension will be slashed. The days of multi employer pension funds paying orphans full pension are over.

Structural changes are coming to all multi employer pension funds. No more crooked numbers. Congress isn't going to write a blank check to the pension benefit guarantee corporation every decade, to bail out the same irresponsibility, that got us here in the first place.

The people who voted yes on the first contract proposal, were right, the companies best interest, are their best interest.

When the congressional pension committee makes it's proposal for legislation on 30 November. you will know the BUTCH LEWIS ACT is dead. Orphans are going to get their pensions cut in every Teamster pension fund. Major structural changes are coming to all teamster pension funds.

Get your head out of your ass stupid. If you don't understand the writing on the wall. Why are you boring us with your non sense post.

GO40, you are a simple son of a bitch, aren't you. Make this world a better place and quit posting on the trucking boards. Take your feeble minded cohorts with you.

From now on you better make sure your company is making money. In the near future if you are an orphan your pension will be slashed. The days of multi employer pension funds paying orphans full pension are over.

Structural changes are coming to all multi employer pension funds. No more crooked numbers. Congress isn't going to write a blank check to the pension benefit guarantee corporation every decade, to bail out the same irresponsibility, that got us here in the first place.

The people who voted yes on the first contract proposal, were right, the companies best interest, are their best interest.

When the congressional pension committee makes it's proposal for legislation on 30 November. you will know the BUTCH LEWIS ACT is dead. Orphans are going to get their pensions cut in every Teamster pension fund. Major structural changes are coming to all teamster pension funds.

Get your head out of your ass stupid. If you don't understand the writing on the wall. Why are you boring us with your non sense post.
Welcome back Bubba, I see your little vacation didn’t teach you a lesson, still childish name calling. Is Judy making you & homesick pay your own internet fee?

I posted this sometime ago "There are approximately 8,500 union employees at ABF. If the average pay is $72,800 a year (that is $2,000 less than I earned last year) or $1,400 a week. So 8,500 X $1,400 =$11,900,000. Also, $0.30 hour raise X 45 hours a week x 52 weeks x 8,500 employees = $5,967,000 a year. Add $11,900,000 = $ 17,867,000 a year. That does not include wages for casual employees who cover vacationing employees shifts. Or any other additional expenses." I would like to include $8,500,00 in $1,000 signing bonus equalling $26,267,000 or 26 million 276 thousand dollars. How does this factor into your hand over fist equation? I look forward to comparing your numbers!!!