Central Transport | to alll my pissed off vitran employees.........

Yeh try to get the union im milwaukee?No one has balls like i do!Good luck!Everyone complains as usual but does nothing to attempt to improve working conditions,employee at will,and a say what goes on at vitran.

The disdain for the way Vitran is being ran is growing.The uprising is for real this time.Slinky you need to wake up and help us.

Are plan is to organize a majority of the south,then I am hoping the north and east will follow in are footsteps.

You can not cure ignorance at vitran!Unsafe equipment!Company whats drivers to run all day and no lunch!When you ask the terminal manager to be made whole for your lunch break,he laughs at you!Bring the teamsters to milwaukee!If milwaukee closes,management puts themselves out of job,dockworkers out,drivers out.Come on liability lawsuits from customers that want their dam freight!It will cost vitran more money to close their doors than leave them open.We need to picket in milwaukee to get the teamsters in!

I am willing to give the union a chance.

I look at it like this; we have seen how this company runs as a non-union company, can it be worse?

Does it really matter if it is? The company seems to be in a tail spin. Stock prices are falling fast.

Have been seeing quite a few people jumping ship as well. Not just hourly employees either.

not enough drivers with a sack up north. every time a gung ho driver starts to get the ball rolling and everyone says there in . then 1 or 2 guys show up to the meeting and the talk goes away till the next gung ho driver comes around a few months later !! its a never ending cycle . most people say yes till they have to put there name out there or been seen at a meeting..

Guaranteed start times, no medical contributions ,Job security,SAFE equipment, Retirement, MGMT to answer for B.S. Guaranteed breaks and lunches(work through 1 1/2 plus 20 mins. to eat good deal) Talk to Teamsters it can't hurt. I wish you guy's luck whatever you decide.

I guess no one cares Billy the Goat NO RESPONSES! I guess they are happy being slaves. All they need to do is talk to us FUTURE TEAMSTER BROTHERS!!!! We are approachable we don't bite. I will visit but not post again on YOUR site again it belongs to YOU guy's. Spread TRUCKINGBOARDS at your job!!! Very informative , tell them

From AP news:

Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa had some profane, combative words for Republicans while warming up the crowd for President Obama in Detroit, Michigan on Monday.

"We got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war," Jimmy Hoffa Jr. said to a heavily union crowd.

"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa added.

Obama addressed the crowd shortly after Hoffa.

From AP news:

Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa had some profane, combative words for Republicans while warming up the crowd for President Obama in Detroit, Michigan on Monday.

"We got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war," Jimmy Hoffa Jr. said to a heavily union crowd.

"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa added.

Obama addressed the crowd shortly after Hoffa.

That has to be embarrassing for the Teamsters!!
I just have to say his saying of" Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong"Is a Big Joke, as everything they say and do seems like its all about the pockets in D.C. and the debt we owe to China!!It is going to all in the hands of China if we continue the course we are on now!
And before you all start i am Pro Union and Just do not believe in the Obama Admin!!

hey bootleg, sorry ive been away from this site, ive been busy getting things in motion down here in nashville, ive been doing the talking and organizing down here and nashville, and I would like for you to do the same, at your terminall u r at now, lets stick together for the long haul, and lets try not to be that "gung ho driver" and lets be that loud voice for those who dont want to speak up now, and let everyone know that this is not a temp fix, it is the long term thing we at vitran express have been wanted for a long time, and now is the time to shine. there has been treats of relocation down here but all it is, is threats, dont back down. stand strong and get organized my fellow "unappreciated" worker.....

Safety minded sounds like mgmt to me. Most TEAMSTERS in FRT vote republican. Without big business we have no jobs! Only state and local public employees vote Dem. frt guy's need to compete against the ***** and get the job done! BEST OF LUCK!!! FRT guys HATE obama (mexican trucks,etc) obama's administration approved them!

well for one we have tried in col oh but every time our old manager had some say in it by causing one way or nother to get rid of those who tried to start it not knowing i was involved in the attempt in 2009, 10. but then again the hr dept in ind and pitt didnt know i was off for almost a 8 months before trying to cash in vaca time. so if anyone wants to talk about unions feel free to contact me here