ABF | To My ABF Brother's and Sisters

well, its like this. Old ABFers built the company in the east, & then a little creative accouting showed Carolina to be worth a LOT more than they actually were (hey, don't you advocate demanding to see the books?). And then, with Lary Scott negotiating a sweet deal for himself, the old ABFers get to leave and then the old Carolina chaps get to move ahead of them on the seniority list. Then to top that off, some of the old ABFers get to go to Yellow and Roadway, and then the same thing happens, except with Mr. Zollar$ this time !
So, how goes it? I see you always running your mouth about DEMANDS, CONTRACTS, ET AL. Better wake up!

YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS.

well, its like this. Old ABFers built the company in the east, & then a little creative accouting showed Carolina to be worth a LOT more than they actually were (hey, don't you advocate demanding to see the books?). And then, with Lary Scott negotiating a sweet deal for himself, the old ABFers get to leave and then the old Carolina chaps get to move ahead of them on the seniority list. Then to top that off, some of the old ABFers get to go to Yellow and Roadway, and then the same thing happens, except with Mr. Zollar$ this time !
So, how goes it? I see you always running your mouth about DEMANDS, CONTRACTS, ET AL. Better wake up!

YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS.

It looks to me like you sill have some very deep issues with the whole Carolina deal...do you realize that it's been over 17 years? And do you also realize that carrying all that resentment for so long is bad for your personal and mental health? Don't get me wrong...if that is what you want to do...then by all means do so...after all...it's your health and mental well being.

I have noticed from your previous posts that you like to try and agitate Muler by posting little offensive remarks towards him...nothing major mind you...but offensive remarks just the same.Which is fine...but that's all you do and then you leave without ever revealing just what you have against this man. I also have noticed that you even go as far as using his "YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS" closing remark. Now...you say that Muler is always running his mouth about demands and contracts but don't mention any specifics.Why don't you just come out with what you want to say and just say it! I wouldn't want to see you carry this additional resentment around for years to come too.You will feel better once you get it off your chest and don't worry...Muler won't bite your head off.Even though he does have that mean avatar as you have pointed out in the past...he's really a nice guy.

So how about it...what all seems to be really bothering you?

PS...this is the guy with the German Shepherd...remember? The other guy that you you have previously pointed out too.

I see you always running your mouth about DEMANDS, CONTRACTS, ET AL. Better wake up!

We are wide awake, and we will be DEMANDING CONTRACT EQUALITY. We are just waiting to hear from someone that they're starting the campfire. I think the company might be pleasantly surprised if we are in the negotiations, instead of the usual locking out the rank and file. We know who the liars are and we plan to act accordingly. We are fed the flog up with being sold out by our esteemed colleagues at 20001. We want this company to thrive, and we know we can do it without cutting our own throats, and get the Roy and Judy show the big bonuses they deserve.

YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS.
First off I would ask to see your proof about the books that CAROLINA DOCTORED. If you have nothing more than your opinion I am afraid that will not be good enough for me. And as far as the CAROLINA TEAMSTERS DOVE TAILING it was the CONTRACT. If you really want to talk fiances post your links and proof and I will post what I have.My terminal operated at 89 in April so I along with my FELLOW TEAMSTERS are doing our part to keep ABF PROFITABLE. And many CAROLINA TEAMSTERS lost their jobs due to not having enough seniority at the time of the ABF TAKEOVER.
I see you have some demons. All me and the rest of the Teamsters involved did was follow the contract so what is your problem?
Now be careful when you post your links because I have some links that just may show you aren't as smart as you may have thought. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS! PS 34 post and still nothing. GOOD LUCK!

First off I would ask to see your proof about the books that CAROLINA DOCTORED. If you have nothing more than your opinion I am afraid that will not be good enough for me. And as far as the CAROLINA TEAMSTERS DOVE TAILING it was the CONTRACT. If you really want to talk fiances post your links and proof and I will post what I have.My terminal operated at 89 in April so I along with my FELLOW TEAMSTERS are doing our part to keep ABF PROFITABLE. And many CAROLINA TEAMSTERS lost their jobs due to not having enough seniority at the time of the ABF TAKEOVER.
I see you have some demons. All me and the rest of the Teamsters involved did was follow the contract so what is your problem?
Now be careful when you post your links because I have some links that just may show you aren't as smart as you may have thought. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS! PS 34 post and still nothing. GOOD LUCK!

ABF wanted the Carolina network. You want it you buy it. Whose to say they paid too much?

There is no such thing as a free lunch. many suffered because of company mergers and takeovers. ABF made over 60 million dollars alone on the sale of GI Trucking and it's properties. Not to mention the hundreds of other terminals ABF sold that CAROLINA owned. ABF paid less than 300 million dollars in all for CAROLINA. Yes it was a hard time for ABF because they were not geared to run the regional freight they acquired with the purchase of CAROLINA and that freight was soon gone. But ABF ten years later learned how to run it and as they normally do they learned their lessons and now we have a firm grasp on the regional network. And many families from both companies suffered. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Arkansas Best Flourishing With Wall Street Recognition. - Free Online Library

Good Article Muler!

KEEPING HARMONY WITH the Teamsters Union is as simple as black and white for ABE Freight System Inc.

All drivers and dock workers for the Fort Smith trucking company are unionized but, ABF president David Stubblefield sees more pros than cons in dealing with the Teamsters.

"We have a contract that allows both sides to understand what the rules are in the relationship, so there's not a conflict Stubblefield said. "They know what the boundaries are. You get a warning on your first Violation, and if you get a second warning in a short amount of time you are subject to termination. If it were a non-union situation you would, have to make a decision on each situation."

"They are Teamsters, but I have come to appreciate our employees more and more, especially in the last 10 years," Stubblefield said. "The summertime is our big peak in vacations. When this takes place we have to fill in with a lot of what we call casual employees. Our productivity goes down. Our claims experience goes up. And our transit times get behind. This is with only about 10 to 12 percent on vacation. It shows we've got pros out there that know what to do and how to do it. "...................

It also shows that since ABF knows how to run a business that it doesn't fear or hate the Teamsters...as a matter of fact they realize the benefits of the union and use that to their advantage as well.You have the company focusing on what they do best...maintaining daily operations in a proficient manner to produce profits and then you have the Teamster union that looks out for the workers. It just goes to show you that a good smart company and the Teamsters can work in harmony. The company gets what it wants which is profits and the workers get what they want which is a good wage, benefits and working conditions and that makes for a productive and conscientious employee. And ABF knows this and realizes as well that the Teamster are well known about protecting seniority rights which they know they have the worker for long term.

There are so many that have the misconception that the Teamster's are slackers...but they couldn't be more wrong...sure...we have our fair share...just like any company out there but the majority of us Teamsters really do believe in a " A Fair Day"s Work For A Fair Day's Pay" !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wanting to infringe on you guy's forum here, but when I was with Cooper, Carolina interlined a major movement with us out of Mechanicsburg,Pa...A major move with the U.S. Military Depot..I was on a New Orleans turn at the time,and at least twice week, sometimes three times a week,I pulled a straight military load back for two of the major players in combat readiness and the Air Force...Carolina had a lot of government accounts, if I remember correctly..That's money in the bank,if you ask me...Any government contract is a good contract, if it's worked right...The only problem is, the time it takes to get your money for freight charges...Maybe that's what ABF went after, I'm just guessing...Thanks for letting me post...

Not wanting to infringe on you guy's forum here, but when I was with Cooper, Carolina interlined a major movement with us out of Mechanicsburg,Pa...A major move with the U.S. Military Depot..I was on a New Orleans turn at the time,and at least twice week, sometimes three times a week,I pulled a straight military load back for two of the major players in combat readiness and the Air Force...Carolina had a lot of government accounts, if I remember correctly..That's money in the bank,if you ask me...Any government contract is a good contract, if it's worked right...The only problem is, the time it takes to get your money for freight charges...Maybe that's what ABF went after, I'm just guessing...Thanks for letting me post...
Loon you are always welcomed here. I know you will give your opinions and listen to others and that is all we ask. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

There is no such thing as a free lunch. many suffered because of company mergers and takeovers. ABF made over 60 million dollars alone on the sale of GI Trucking and it's properties. Not to mention the hundreds of other terminals ABF sold that CAROLINA owned. ABF paid less than 300 million dollars in all for CAROLINA. Yes it was a hard time for ABF because they were not geared to run the regional freight they acquired with the purchase of CAROLINA and that freight was soon gone. But ABF ten years later learned how to run it and as they normally do they learned their lessons and now we have a firm grasp on the regional network. And many families from both companies suffered. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Merges, takeovers are meant to hurt people, Muler. Labor costs is everything. The difference between ABF and YRC is YRC is servicing a lot of debt. ABF is not. Managing a national trucking company is a no-brainer.
ABF bought Carolina, many jobs were lost, they sold a lot of terminals to pay for the acquisition. Very similar to what Bill Z did. Bill Z may have been a little smarter then your CEO when they bought Carolina because Bill Z knew the value of brand recognition. Carolina had loyal customers like all carriers do. ABF should have kept Carolina separate so as not to lose any customers.

ABF could have just tweaked it here and there to remove any over capacity. Thus the reason Holland and New Penn were kept separate. The plan was to keep Yellow Roadway separate but the dead economy wouldn't allow it..the merge was a failure and many families suffered according to the plan. That's the reason YRC, FedEx and ABF are into acquisitions. Grow or die

ABF stock is around $13.00..they earned $1M in profit in the 4th Q. Not a biggy Muler. The stock was $33.00 a few years ago when YRC was not expected to make it. When the court rules for YRC..YRC stock will go higher the ABF's. It's business. Last thing Muler, Tyson didn't lie about YRC finances

Merges, takeovers are meant to hurt people, Muler. Labor costs is everything. The difference between ABF and YRC is YRC is servicing a lot of debt. ABF is not. Managing a national trucking company is a no-brainer.
ABF bought Carolina, many jobs were lost, they sold a lot of terminals to pay for the acquisition. Very similar to what Bill Z did. Bill Z may have been a little smarter then your CEO when they bought Carolina because Bill Z knew the value of brand recognition. Carolina had loyal customers like all carriers do. ABF should have kept Carolina separate so as not to lose any customers.

ABF could have just tweaked it here and there to remove any over capacity. Thus the reason Holland and New Penn were kept separate. The plan was to keep Yellow Roadway separate but the dead economy wouldn't allow it..the merge was a failure and many families suffered according to the plan. That's the reason YRC, FedEx and ABF are into acquisitions. Grow or die

ABF stock is around $13.00..they earned $1M in profit in the 4th Q. Not a biggy Muler. The stock was $33.00 a few years ago when YRC was not expected to make it. When the court rules for YRC..YRC stock will go higher the ABF's. It's business. Last thing Muler, Tyson didn't lie about YRC finances
First off please don't compare our CEO to Dollar Bill. He will go down as the worst CEO in trucking history. ABF did the right thing in the CAROLINA takeover because we are still here and yrc has a tall mountain to climb. And in case you missed it one of the main reasons yrc is in trouble is because they did not merge Yellow and Roadway SOONER. Wake up Joe ZOLLARS SUCKED!

You aren't infringing at all Starkravinloon...I agree with Muler...you are always welcome here! You do remember correctly...Carolina had a big government account. At the Carlisle terminal...we used to reserve one end of the dock which was just for government freight and would get two or three van fulls at a time coming in that needed worked and it was a big money maker for them.

Loon you are always welcomed here. I know you will give your opinions and listen to others and that is all we ask. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Thank you Muler... I figured you guys wouldn't mind, that's why I eased myself into the conversation...But I do really appreciate the invite...You guys have a good one...

You aren't infringing at all Starkravinloon...I agree with Muler...you are always welcome here! You do remember correctly...Carolina had a big government account. At the Carlisle terminal...we used to reserve one end of the dock which was just for government freight and would get two or three van fulls at a time coming in that needed worked and it was a big money maker for them.

Thanks Docker, I feel fortunate to know so many good people on this board and much accomodating...Thanks again guys...

First off please don't compare our CEO to Dollar Bill. He will go down as the worst CEO in trucking history. ABF did the right thing in the CAROLINA takeover because we are still here and yrc has a tall mountain to climb. And in case you missed it one of the main reasons yrc is in trouble is because they did not merge Yellow and Roadway SOONER. Wake up Joe ZOLLARS SUCKED!
OMG!!​

Seriously Muler your ability to understand and reason is not good for a man of your high stature. You have zero business acumen..you are finance illiterate. This is not a personal attack to respond to your personal attack on me..it's just a business term. Something you should know. You're just rank and file, Muler.:27: You ain't going nowhere.:order: Better you let Hoffa take care of the big problems!!

your beat​

OMG!!​

Seriously Muler your ability to understand and reason is not good for a man of your high stature. You have zero business acumen..you are finance illiterate. This is not a personal attack to respond to your personal attack on me..it's just a business term. Something you should know. You're just rank and file, Muler.:27: You ain't going nowhere.:order: Better you let Hoffa take care of the big problems!!

your beat​
If what they have done to the yrc Teamsters is what you call good business acumen then I would not want to be in the same category as them.
As for being a better business man than Zollars. Me and my children own several homes and we did not have to sell any of them because we over spent. We saw an economic downturn approaching.
Zollars on the other hand over spent and tried to own the freight business and the only people that were made to pay were the Teamster employees and the lower level management.
He left yrc with his pockets full. While tens of thousands of yrc Teamsters were put on the street. Many have lost everything they had worked a lifetime for. Hell many lost things that their parents had worked a lifetime for. No Zollars has to take the brunt of what happened at yrc.
You put him on a THRONE while I see him as a GREEDY COMPANY KILLING SLIMBALL!
And as for Jr. He will not be remembered by the many as you see him. He has never been up front and ahead of the yrc curve. I don't know what you think we are paying him for but whatever it is I don't think he is very good at it.
Like the rest that have failed we will get rid of him and we will be just fine. Hey what size Tee shirt do you want. It is of Hoffa and Zollars laying on a BED. I don't get it do you? And in the quote you posted there are no personal attacks towards you. You must be mistaken.YOUR NEVER LIKING ZOLLARS BROTHER ALWAYS!

If what they have done to the yrc Teamsters is what you call good business acumen then I would not want to be in the same category as them.
As for being a better business man than Zollars. Me and my children own several homes and we did not have to sell any of them because we over spent. We saw an economic downturn approaching.
Zollars on the other hand over spent and tried to own the freight business and the only people that were made to pay were the Teamster employees and the lower level management.
He left yrc with his pockets full. While tens of thousands of yrc Teamsters were put on the street. Many have lost everything they had worked a lifetime for. Hell many lost things that their parents had worked a lifetime for. No Zollars has to take the brunt of what happened at yrc.
You put him on a THRONE while I see him as a GREEDY COMPANY KILLING SLIMBALL!
And as for Jr. He will not be remembered by the many as you see him. He has never been up front and ahead of the yrc curve. I don't know what you think we are paying him for but whatever it is I don't think he is very good at it.
Like the rest that have failed we will get rid of him and we will be just fine. Hey what size Tee shirt do you want. It is of Hoffa and Zollars laying on a BED. I don't get it do you? And in the quote you posted there are no personal attacks towards you. You must be mistaken.YOUR NEVER LIKING ZOLLARS BROTHER ALWAYS!

Such is life in a capitalist country. Vulture capitalism is the deliminator of cost, people and lives. ABF is strong..make em pay or go down like the Titanic with a boat load of Teamsters on board

Such is life in a capitalist country. Vulture capitalism is the deliminator of cost, people and lives. ABF is strong..make em pay or go down like the Titanic with a boat load of Teamsters on board
We are not here to break ABF we will all make money and enjoy a long strong retirement. Make up your mind in one post you say ABF is weak and in the next they are strong. HOW ABOUT THAT LAWSUIT YOUR HAVING CHOICES BROTHER ALWAYS!