ABF | To My ABF Brother's and Sisters

Does the $150,000,000.00 for Panther make you wonder just where our next contract talks will be going? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Where did Aubnoxious go? If anybody runs into him tell him he forgot to answer many questions that were ask by inquiring minds. Be careful I was only kidding about those cans in the medians you could get hurt out there. YOUR MISSING YOU BROTHER ALWAYS!

Does the $150,000,000.00 for Panther make you wonder just where our next contract talks will be going? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
Is that a typo..$150M? Hopefully they got a good rate on the financing and don't get jammed up in a downturn

First off please don't compare our CEO to Dollar Bill. He will go down as the worst CEO in trucking history. ABF did the right thing in the CAROLINA takeover because we are still here and YRC has a tall mountain to climb. And in case you missed it one of the main reasons YRC is in trouble is because they did not merge Yellow and Roadway SOONER. Wake up Joe ZOLLARS SUCKED!

Bill was not an incompetent person because the buyout and merge was problematic. He didn't see the crash coming, had no control over the situation while trying to service a ton of debt..but you did and managed not to lose any of your homes. On the other hand where is Carolina? They were a very good regional carrier albeit with money woes. They ranked right up there with New Penn and Holland. It's a shame they weren't allowed to stay separate and do the regional work for ABF while not losing any business. ABf could have been a giant today but then YRC is the giant because of how Bill kept separate the Holland-New Penn brands

Bill was the scape-goat
scape·goat
   [skeyp-goht] Show IPA
noun
a person or group made to bear the blame for others or to suffer in their place.

Is that a typo..$150M? Hopefully they got a good rate on the financing and don't get jammed up in a downturn

Bill was not an incompetent person because the buyout and merge was problematic. He didn't see the crash coming, had no control over the situation while trying to service a ton of debt..but you did and managed not to lose any of your homes. On the other hand where is Carolina? They were a very good regional carrier albeit with money woes. They ranked right up there with New Penn and Holland. It's a shame they weren't allowed to stay separate and do the regional work for ABF while not losing any business. ABf could have been a giant today but then YRC is the giant because of how Bill kept separate the Holland-New Penn brands

Bill was the scape-goat
scape·goat
   [skeyp-goht] Show IPA
noun
a person or group made to bear the blame for others or to suffer in their place.

HUH??? A scapegoat is one who is given the blame for things they didn't cause and anyone who thinks Bill Zollars didn't put YRCW in the situation they have been in for the last 3 to 4 years is delusional...
He went on a buying spree with borrowed money, and while he may have been able to have gotten away with overpaying for just Roadway, when he did the same for Holland that was just too much debt. Sorry Joe, but I have to agree that your idol worship of Bill is misplaced.:regretful:

Bill was the scape-goat
scape·goat
   [skeyp-goht] Show IPA
noun
You need to read our financial statements ABF has $138.5 MILLION in unrestricted money. For once go read our SEC filings PLEASE. Maybe you would not look so bad if you would gather all the information. And that figure does not include our restricted money. Maybe if you are nice ABC will let you ride on one of our jet planes we own. That's right plumber we also own jets.
Look at us real close before you jump the gun. What would 222 think of you now? I thought he always told you to get the facts before spouting off. YOUR FACT FINDING BROTHER ALWAYS!

You need to read our financial statements ABF has $138.5 MILLION in unrestricted money. For once go read our SEC filings PLEASE. Maybe you would not look so bad if you would gather all the information. And that figure does not include our restricted money. Maybe if you are nice ABC will let you ride on one of our jet planes we own. That's right plumber we also own jets.
Look at us real close before you jump the gun. I thought he always told you to get the facts before spouting off. YOUR FACT FINDING BROTHER ALWAYS!

What would 222 think of you now?
If 222 was a mod here he would incinerate everyone that had a different view thereby reducing the size of the site by 60%. But I am happy to see a large unionized company with plenty of cash on hand. But remember that means nothing in the scheme of things..
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
AT&T is demanding massive concessions from its workforce, including cuts in wages, health care, pensions, time off and jobs. The CWA has not outlined its demands other than to say it is seeking a fair contract. In reality, the union is prepared to accept major concessions.

AT&T, with more than 300,000 employees, is the nation’s largest provider of telecommunications, including wireline, wireless, Internet and cable TV. AT&T made more than $20 billion in profits last year. Like its major competitor, Verizon

we out west are sitting obscene amounts of time due to management putting our freight on the rails. This is how they are going to pay for this aquisition. Saving truck loads of cash. I have an idea ABF should buy a railroad. As you can tell i am very aggravated.

Bill was the scape-goat
scape·goat
   [skeyp-goht] Show IPA
noun

Here's an idea for you Joe...why don't you just trot over to the YRC forum and tell them what a great and smart guy Billy boy is...OK? Let me know how that works out for you. Don't worry...you can always change your username again.

we out west are sitting obscene amounts of time due to management putting our freight on the rails. This is how they are going to pay for this aquisition. Saving truck loads of cash. I have an idea ABF should buy a railroad. As you can tell i am very aggravated.
I hope your steward and Local is watching the amount of freight they are railing. They are only allowed up to 29% system wide. Your steward is allowed to have this information if he first files a grievance then files a letter requesting information. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

HUH??? A scapegoat is one who is given the blame for things they didn't cause and anyone who thinks Bill Zollars didn't put YRCW in the situation they have been in for the last 3 to 4 years is delusional...
He went on a buying spree with borrowed money, and while he may have been able to have gotten away with overpaying for just Roadway, when he did the same for Holland that was just too much debt. Sorry Joe, but I have to agree that your idol worship of Bill is misplaced.:regretful:

No CEO should be viewed as an idol rather think of it as a business..all CEO's are evil including Judy and are the one's you can’t trust. But money can be made doing evil:

ABF CEO Calls for Quitting Teamster Pension Plans | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

old news but still true today
ABF CEO Calls for Quitting Teamster Pension Plans

May 11, 2007: “We believe there is an opportunity in this negotiating cycle to withdraw from some or all of these [Teamster pension plans] and provide benefits directly to our employees, and we’re prepared to negotiate that with the Teamsters in the coming negotiations.”

“We view the multiemployer [Teamster pension] withdrawal opportunity to be the most significant thing facing us.”

-- Robert Davidson, CEO of ABF, Interviewed on May 8, 2007 by transportation stock analysts

There you have it. The CEO is telling you that ABF would love to bust our pension plans, and take over employee pensions, in the coming round of negotiations.

But Judy loves you, she'll take care of you right? Hopefully she won't ask to negotiate behind closed doors with TNFINC as they did in the'08 contract:27:

No CEO should be viewed as an idol rather think of it as a business..all CEO's are evil including Judy and are the one's you can’t trust. But money can be made doing evil:

ABF CEO Calls for Quitting Teamster Pension Plans | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

But Judy loves you, she'll take care of you right? Hopefully she won't ask to negotiate behind closed doors with TNFINC as they did in the'08 contract:27:
She will do like all other CEO'S do what ever she can to boost investors profits. We will deal with our contract and that will be that. You dropped the ball and we caught it. Please don't worry about us you have enough on your plate. HOW"S THAT LAWSUIT GOING! YOUR COUNTING THE MONEY BROTHER ALWAYS!

She will do like all other CEO'S do what ever she can to boost investors profits. We will deal with our contract and that will be that. You dropped the ball and we caught it. Please don't worry about us you have enough on your plate. HOW"S THAT LAWSUIT GOING! YOUR COUNTING THE MONEY BROTHER ALWAYS!

The law suit is huge. If the court rules in favor of YRC which I know it will. (IBT lawyers have all bases covered) It will deal a blow to ABF's stock, ABF's main concern and reason to put YRC out of business. The court trick won't work. So Judy and will have to do what CEO's do.

evil things

No, Joe all CEO's aren't evil. Some are & some aren't. Most are simply trying to make a buck for the shareholders. Why do you always seem to rely on extreme and often unrealistic scenarios to prop up your usually ill-conceived arguments? Show me when Judy has been evil, and then you may have a leg to stand on...

The law suit is huge. If the court rules in favor of YRC which I know it will. (IBT lawyers have all bases covered) It will deal a blow to ABF's stock, ABF's main concern and reason to put YRC out of business. The court trick won't work. So Judy and will have to do what CEO's do.

evil things
Give it rest already joe, your retired & way out off the loop. You can only hope nothing happens to ABF or you will be behind the wheel once again $ probably non union ....

Give it rest already joe, your retired & way out off the loop. You can only hope nothing happens to ABF or you will be behind the wheel once again $ probably non union ....

Now...that's a scary thought...lol

So you see Joe...you better start being nice to ABF...after all...they're your saviors!

ABF's main concern and reason to put YRC out of business.

evil things

You are wrong again...that lawsuit has nothing to do with ABF wanting to put YRC out of business...it was for the purpose of leveling the playing field...please get your facts straight. After all...there's nobody that could of done a better job than your buddy Billy boy when it comes to putting YRC out of business.

Hey Joe...since you are hesitant about starting that thread and if you want ...I'll start that thread for you over there on the YRC forum. I'll title it..."Joe the Plumber and Billy boy Zollars...Friends 'Til The End"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joe...since you are hesitant about starting that thread and if you want ...I'll start that thread for you over there on the YRC forum. I'll title it..."Joe the Plumber and Billy boy Zollars...Friends 'Til The End"

I am in favor of calling it "Joe the plunger plumber, Billy boy Zollars....friends 'Til The End".

Last edited by a moderator: