ABF | To My ABF Brother's and Sisters

Just wanted to add a link for proof. ABF Quits TMI, Goes After Your Pension | Teamsters for a Democratic Union Read paragraph 4 In the past, other carriers have split off. Yellow Freight quit TMI and bargained separately in 1994, but signed exactly the same agreement. The union held them—and all split-off carriers—to the NMFA. This unity has always been Teamster policy, through many General Presidents. ABF needs to hear that this policy still stands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you calling me a liar? Listen, I had to do a NY polygraph as a condition for employment. I was grilled like a criminal by a guy who acted like a prosecuting attorney..but I passed the test. Does this mean I never lie? Of course not. I lied to lie detector machine. I spoke like everything was a documented fact. I learned early if you want to survive in a union trucking company you need to be a good liar. It's a calculated risk you must take now and again.

Getting back to the 'ABF the gold standard company' The only problem I see with ABF is they are not growing, the stock is falling out of control, they are high cost. Judy is there to correct all of this. Am I happy to see them in this state of affairs? Of course not. We need each other for the success of the pension..it's business. You're giving them a pass for attempting to scam you out of the big time pension? Are you that dedicated to the company or you're just a lot naive..what? Tell you what, you seem like an easy mark. I'll lay you 10 to 1 against ABF being successful in court.

Yes...I'm calling you a liar!

Do you actually think that us ABF'ers would let the company scam us out of our pension after we voted down the begback that the company AND THE IBT went on an all out campaign and I mean an all out campaign plus Tyson's outright lies to us to get us to accept. Get a grip on reality Joe...if you want the continued success of the pension...your best bet would be to rely on the ABF'ers themselves and not the company or IBT!!!!

I don't waste my time bantering with Joe the Plunger Pumper. He is a liar as you have stated, Docker, and I think we all know it. 'Nuff said.

I know ABFer....I have so much fun watching him make a complete fool of himself.

Just wanted to add a link for proof. ABF Quits TMI, Goes After Your Pension | Teamsters for a Democratic Union Read paragraph 4 In the past, other carriers have split off. Yellow Freight quit TMI and bargained separately in 1994, but signed exactly the same agreement. The union held them—and all split-off carriers—to the NMFA. This unity has always been Teamster policy, through many General Presidents. ABF needs to hear that this policy still stands.

Joe I don't know you from Adam, but I have 1000.00 Dollars I will send to Jeff right now to hold. I will take your 10 to 1 odds right know. Let me know when you want to send the money to Jeff to hold. The ball is in your court send the 10000.00 Dollars to Jeff and I will send him 1000.00 Dollars. Winner take all, there is only one contract which ABF and YRC are both a part of. Who negotiated with whom makes no difference, this has all happened in the passs and there has always been only one NMFA. Go back and look for yourself even the great YRC has pulled out of TMI once or twice. They were forced to sign me to contracts making them part of the NMFA in the past.

Carriers do what they have to do, the teamster union does what it has to do depending on how strong the position they have at the poker table..sorry, make that the bargaining table. The companies are weak and stupid to think they could escape the NMFA.
The language is so technical in the meaning of ''a party to the agreement" it is ridiculous. It even beats Bill Clinton's argument ''It Depends on what the meaning of the word is is ...
Parties to an agreement: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNF4AgWIn-Z7KWWl1FI-IXpkiWGFPQ&cad=rja I hope this link works for you. The persons who are directly involved or interested in any act, affair, contract, transaction, or legal proceeding; opposing litigants. Persons who enter into a contract or other transactions are considered parties to the agreement. No doubt ABF is a party to it but only in a sense they have to abide by it. That is where it ends..they are a party to the terms of the NMFA that they tried and failed to dog. ABF has no legal standing to argue that the union had no right to grant YRC concessions. Why not you may ask? Because ABF was not directly involved or interested in any act, affair, contract, transaction, or legal proceeding that granted YRC concessions. ABF was in Dodge City doing their best to wiggle out of the NMFA meeting with Tyson. ABF was not there, Docker is not all there, out to lunch, preoccupied with striking down the NMFA

And bro. DHL is history..save your money, don't waste it on foolish bets. I just wanted to take Dockers money

I know ABFer....I have so much fun watching him make a fool of himself
you can only hope..it will never happen

Joe I don't know you from Adam, but I have 1000.00 Dollars I will send to Jeff right now to hold. I will take your 10 to 1 odds right know. Let me know when you want to send the money to Jeff to hold. The ball is in your court send the 10000.00 Dollars to Jeff and I will send him 1000.00 Dollars. Winner take all, there is only one contract which ABF and YRC are both a part of. Who negotiated with whom makes no difference, this has all happened in the passs and there has always been only one NMFA. Go back and look for yourself even the great YRC has pulled out of TMI once or twice. They were forced to sign me to contracts making them part of the NMFA in the past.

Carriers do what they have to do, the teamster union does what it has to do depending on how strong the position they have at the poker table..sorry, make that the bargaining table. The companies are weak and stupid to think they could escape the NMFA.
The language is so technical in the meaning of ''a party to the agreement" it is ridiculous. It even beats Bill Clinton's argument ''It Depends on what the meaning of the word is is ...
Parties to an agreement: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNF4AgWIn-Z7KWWl1FI-IXpkiWGFPQ&cad=rja I hope this link works for you.
The persons who are directly involved or interested in any act, affair, contract, transaction, or legal proceeding; opposing litigants. Persons who enter into a contract or other transactions are considered parties to the agreement.
No doubt ABF is a party to it but only in a sense they have to abide by it. That is where it ends..they are a party to the terms of the NMFA that they tried and failed to dog. ABF has no legal standing to argue that the union had no right to grant YRC concessions. Why not you may ask? Because ABF was not directly involved or interested in any act, affair, contract, transaction, or legal proceeding that granted YRC concessions. ABF was in Dodge City doing their best to wiggle out of the NMFA meeting with Tyson preoccupied with striking down the NMFA.
ABF was not there, Docker is not all there, out to lunch

And bro, DHL is history..save your money, don't waste it on foolish bets. I just wanted to take Dockers money

I know ABFer....I have so much fun watching him make a fool of himself
you can only hope..it will never happen

Will ABF ask for pension relief this contract?

Who knows. ABF's, stock is around $12? With a contract coming up and waiting on a court decision. The first court court threw out the lawsuit, the appeals court didn't agree with ABF..only said let the case be heard. If ABF loses..the problems be exasperated. ABF ain't going anywhere with YRC around. YRC's stock ain't going anywhere except if they win the lawsuit it will jump higher than $12.00 and ABF stock will plummet. No reason to lose your mind over it..the IBT is on it. They know what to do. Judy might have to walk the walk to increase shareholder value. That could mean pain ahead.

ABF And YRC are trying to end unionized freight as it once was :coffee1:

Who knows. ABF's, stock is around $12? With a contract coming up and waiting on a court decision. The first court court threw out the lawsuit, the appeals court didn't agree with ABF..only said let the case be heard. If ABF loses..the problems be exasperated. ABF ain't going anywhere with YRC around. YRC's stock ain't going anywhere except if they win the lawsuit it will jump higher than $12.00 and ABF stock will plummet. No reason to lose your mind over it..the IBT is on it. They know what to do. Judy might have to walk the walk to increase shareholder value. That could mean pain ahead.

ABF And YRC are trying to end unionized freight as it once was :coffee1:
I don't let the stock price worry me. ABC knows what they are doing. ABF as 138 million unrestricted dollars to spend. That is no credit needed for buying and or withstanding a RECESSION! That means our stock price is being controlled right now. If we were broke and had borrowed from everybody and their brother then I would really be worried.

The problem is, employers only bargain reasonably when they see Teamster members are united and prepared to reject a bad contract offer and to win the contract improvements we deserve.

Freight Teamsters at ABF, along with YRC, are organizing a campaign against any concessions in the next freight contract.

Our Contracts, Our Future | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Question: Is it in the ABF Teamsters best interest to have YRC Teamsters vote on the upcoming contract?

The problem is, employers only bargain reasonably when they see Teamster members are united and prepared to reject a bad contract offer and to win the contract improvements we deserve.

Freight Teamsters at ABF, along with YRC, are organizing a campaign against any concessions in the next freight contract.

Our Contracts, Our Future | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Question: Is it in the ABF Teamsters best interest to have YRC Teamsters vote on the upcoming contract?
I can't see this happening until the court case is settled. After all it could just open up a class action suit against everyone involved. That would not be good for anybody except the ABF Teamsters. It would be easy for us to become a part of a strong suit. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I can't see this happening until the court case is settled. After all it could just open up a class action suit against everyone involved. That would not be good for anybody except the ABF Teamsters. It would be easy for us to become a part of a strong suit. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I see your point Muler and I might say...that it's a very good point indeed!!!

This whole contract issue is not as simple as it has been for decades. No Turncoat and jr have really screwed this once simple process into a MESS!
As I see it they allowed the unthinkable to happen. One thing that has been learned by the next generation of Teamster is that the IBT will do anything to keep themselves in a life style they are accustomed to. The only people hurt are the workers and their families. The Teamsters as a whole is a great Brotherhood. But the current leaders have dropped the ball. But at least there are still enough of us Teamsters that will fight when made to do so. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

The lawsuit could backfire on ABF. Cause more harm then YRC is alleged to have caused
joe when will you admit they had no choice? They were forced into a corner. If everybody is not careful the ABF Teamsters will file a lawsuit and as we all know there was contractual obligation not adhered to there.YOUR HOPING OT DOESN'T GO THERE BROTHER ALWAYS!

joe when will you admit they had no choice? They were forced into a corner. If everybody is not careful the ABF Teamsters will file a lawsuit and as we all know there was contractual obligation not adhered to there.YOUR HOPING OT DOESN'T GO THERE BROTHER ALWAYS!

I don't see it that way muler, the lawsuit was filed when YRC was in a life or death situation trying to restructure the mountain of debt it had. The goal of the lawsuit was to spook bondholders and investors that YRC needed to dump debt on. It didn't work. YRC dumped a lot of debt on them and completed the restructure. No matter what the outcome it won't benefit any teamster. YRC could be in a pickle if they had to pay ABF $750,000,000. Say they close YRC=30,000 jobs and say goodbye to the premium pension and hello to the sub-par company pension. Say ABF loses=the stock crashes forcing Judy to level the playing field with out the help of a court. Now is the time for Judy to step to the plate and level the playing field on her own two legs because the court won't do her dirty work for her and she'll got no sympathy from the IBT or the ABF teamsters :coffee1:

I don't see it that way muler, the lawsuit was filed when YRC was in a life or death situation trying to restructure the mountain of debt it had. The goal of the lawsuit was to spook bondholders and investors that YRC needed to dump debt on. It didn't work. YRC dumped a lot of debt on them and completed the restructure. No matter what the outcome it won't benefit any teamster. YRC could be in a pickle if they had to pay ABF $750,000,000. Say they close YRC=30,000 jobs and say goodbye to the premium pension and hello to the sub-par company pension. Say ABF loses=the stock crashes forcing Judy to level the playing field with out the help of a court. Now is the time for Judy to step to the plate and level the playing field on her own two legs because the court won't do her dirty work for her and she'll got no sympathy from the IBT or the ABF teamsters :coffee1:

You wouldn't see it that way because in your eyes this is just an attempt for ABF to put YRC out of business and if that would be the case...why didn't ABF cut their rates when other carriers were trying to drive in that last spike into YRC? What you fail to realize is that ABF just sat back and did nothing in the first two concessions. But when it came to the third which was the "restructuring plan"...that was a whole new different ball game. IMO...they basically renegotiated a whole new contract. Just look at the facts...it not only involved wage concessions...it went well beyond that...it involved the pension,health and welfare, work rules and even extended the contract term for two more years.Just what do call that...I call that a whole new contract and I have this feeling that the court will see it that way too.This went well beyond the scope of just asking for wage concessions to survive and let me be clear on this...IMO...the IBT had absolutely no right involving the already struggling pension in that deal...after all...there are others in that pension as well! It changed the whole playing field for anyone involved in the NMFA which is ABF. And all this just because your pal Billy boy makes a very stupid and greedy decision to buy Roadway when he could see an economic turndown in the near future.But since you can't face reality and put the blame on whom it belongs...you blame ABF!

By the way Joey...you never did answer my reply about you being a welcher...did you? You tried to make a point on just how sure you were about the outcome and offer ten to one odds but when someone called you on that...you back out with your tail between your legs.Why?

Not to disrespect you woodennose but this thread was created to voice our opinions.

The way I take Muler saying if you have something to say let's hear it....means anything you have to say...you are more than welcome to correct me if you see it different.

Good I have something to say and I hope that no one take's offense.
Here goes----Joe you are retired,go enjoy yourself,the NMFA only live's at ABF,not YRC,NMPE,or HMES.

As I said in another post in another forum,and had people make fun of my handle,including the owner of this site,The fat lady will be singing at YRC soon,with the same notation that I added over there {IMO}.

Have you heard the new's?
[So far this is a rumor,not my opinion]they cannot get driver's so now they are going to start their own Swift/C.R. England driving academy,and when you complete the course,you are shackled to the company for 2 year's,or you have to pay them for the training.

It is a shame that some folk's cannot take something that is said on a messageboard and debate it,they only know how to throw out insult's instead.

For the record YOUR MY NAME REALLY ISN'T JIMBOBILLYBOB TEAMSTER BROTHER ALWAY'S.

You should be able to tell that by the way I address my grammar and such,BTW I don't use spell check or anything. NUFF SAID...

Here is the link,http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/yrc-freight/81395-looks-more-like-big-fat-lady-about-sing.html you only need to read reply #8 and #10 From now on I hope I am welcome to post in the ABF forum where the real Teamster's are.

Last edited by a moderator: