Central Transport | To Quit or not to quit

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
City drivers common sense says its not the time to quit. We are coming into the slow season when things slow down, and city rouths become a real cake walk. For many of us all our time starts over. We have 5 paid holidays coming up. Why walk away now and give them all that. As far as the LTL trucking companies it doesnt get any easier than Vitran...UPS Freight is an azz buster...FexEx too...Saia too...Estes....R&L...Old Dominion...all of those companies you work your azz off...Especially UPS Parcel....Sure we dont make what they make, at least in Texas. But we dont do near the work they do either...You cant have it all. I know i rag on this company alot, but honesty i dont hate this job...I get frustrated at times...But that happen at all LTL companies. All the rumors flying around are just that...No one really knows what our future holds. So i say unless you have a offer you just cant refuse...STAY...Ride it till the wheels fall off...and if they do...Stop...Take a little time, maybe draw a little unemployment until you can find another job...Then carry on..Why walk away from a job that isnt really that hard on the physical side right now. Wait till summer rolls around and the Big Boys start looking to hire...Then quit if you think its the right thing for you. As for me...i have decided to stay for now, again i really dont hate this job...And yes i will continue to complain about certain issues...But at least for me its not unbearable. If my work load was as tough, lets say as UPS Freight, id be gone...But its not, so at least for now...I'm staying...Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side....But sometimes its not..Im gonna see what 2013 brings...Chris could turn this around...and if that happened i wouldnt be very happy knowing i gave up all that invested time in this company, only to see them thrive in 2013...But if they continue too lose money i will bail...During the summer when you have much more to choose from...And dont get me wrong guys im not afraid of work...i can get it with the best of them....But if i am ...I want there kind of money and benefits

Last edited by a moderator:
hey train, I like the tread u started, it makes alot of sense, vitran is a slower paced LTL company, and they do make the least amount (depending on where you live), but companies are hiring right now, and the goods ones too. one word AMAZON we got nothing of that contract, but a bunch of other LTL companies did, and AMAZON is flooding their docks with freight, and where I am the starbucks dist center is flooding their docks also, Vitran won't go no where for awhile, the new management will get some time to see if they can turn this ship around, but I'm not geting any younger, I can't wait to see if they do or don't. I'm at the perfect age to start over, I can leave Vitran and go to another place and put 30yrs in and be in my early 60s. Alot of fellow team members would also tell me " man if I was your age I would be looking hard for another gig", and they were right all along. I got enough years to bounce back if my new job doesn't work out. Good luck at Vitran, I hope for you and the many friends that I made over the yrs at Vitran that C.K does turn Vitran into a profitable company.................

At your age you gotta make the move...Im gonna give them 2013 to turn it around...if not im going bounce...may get out of trucking...I can do other things...plumbing...construction...backhoe...things like that...and Slugbug dont start on me...

Oh My Frkn Gawd.....I have been listening to that squeemish frkn RAIN TRAIN for the last 2 years saying the exact same thing...cripes....stop with the YOU ARE GONNA MAKE A CHANGE. You are stuck with the rest of us bud.....LTL....enjoy