XPO | $$$$ To retain 3year and under drivers

beingpissed on

TB Regular
Credits
Heard yesterday. The company is giving up to $9000.00 to drivers in the Chicagoland terminels if they stay past their three years employment! Just wondering if this is true; If so, it is very sad.

Newer hires as an incentive, right? Kind of like a sign-on bonus, you get it after you've stuck it out for a while?
I doubt if you've got 2 ¾ years in you'll be getting cash in three months.

Newer hires as an incentive, right? Kind of like a sign-on bonus, you get it after you've stuck it out for a while?
I doubt if you've got 2 ¾ years in you'll be getting cash in three months.

Hey, how do you do the 3/4 thingy...I want that key......

Oh yeah, I want my bonus for all my years...

If using Windows®, click on Start, (bottom left button on screen), type the word "character" into the search box. You will see "Character Map" come up as a program, double-click on it. A box with all of the letters and symbols comes up, single click on the character you want to use, and the code to use that character shows up in the bottom right corner. Type the code in whatever page you want to use it in and it appears. For example, the code for ¾ is alt-0190, hold the alt key and type 0190 and it appears. Not all characters and symbols are supported by every font, so change the font at the top of the box to view what font you are using. These character codes work on multiple programs, e-mails, bulletin boards, word processing programs etc. I even have the character map pinned to my taskbar. Have fun!

I guess it is cheaper to hand out cash than to focus on being a better place to work.

Our t.m said the reason we are not getting anything is because they know we are not going anywhere lol. Little does he know huh. CON-WAY SUCKS:cuss::ranting2::horse****::sadwavey::Duel::crybaby::kickedoutsmile::draw:

Heard yesterday. The company is giving up to $9000.00 to drivers in the Chicagoland terminels if they stay past their three years employment! Just wondering if this is true; If so, it is very sad.

This is a bunch of B.S., We can't even earn the first sec of overtime pay down here and these newbies are collecting a $9,000. Bonus just to show up for 36 months .. Grrrrrr !

Before things get out of hand, perhaps we should get some confirmation and not just take it as truth from the hearsay of another.

It's not unique to con-way. Companies are complaining they can't get people. That there is a shortage. All the while cutting compensation. Well gee whiz, I wonder why that is ?

So then you get to a point where you have to do something to get people in the door. So you offer a signing bonus in areas you cannot find anyone. Big cities, oil fields, whatever.

If you work 3000 hours a year. Which if they are that short handed you probably will. That's gonna be a dollar an hour. Not mind blowing. But enough to get peoples attention.

The thing is, as soon as they get the money, they will quit. And take advantage of some other companies new guy starting bonus.

A program like this increases turn over. Instead of hiring people for a career. You hire them until they get the bonus.

Again, to get folks to work here, the GO must make Conway "the" place to work or "the" job to have. I don't see that ever happening. Just put another band-aid on the severed jugular....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

After a gift tax deduction, that's $475. Divided 3 months or 90 days = 7.9bucks a day x5 days a week = $39.5 Dollars a week .. WooHoo. Still not enough to put up with bs

Last edited by a moderator:

If using Windows®, click on Start, (bottom left button on screen), type the word "character" into the search box. You will see "Character Map" come up as a program, double-click on it. A box with all of the letters and symbols comes up, single click on the character you want to use, and the code to use that character shows up in the bottom right corner. Type the code in whatever page you want to use it in and it appears. For example, the code for ¾ is alt-0190, hold the alt key and type 0190 and it appears. Not all characters and symbols are supported by every font, so change the font at the top of the box to view what font you are using. These character codes work on multiple programs, e-mails, bulletin boards, word processing programs etc. I even have the character map pinned to my taskbar. Have fun!

Or, if you have a Mac, I just typed 3 then / then 4 and POOF, it was there. Thanks, Steve!
Windows doesn't seem very user-friendly. Sure glad our company didn't use it for any....oh, yeah....that's right...never mind.

It's not unique to con-way. Companies are complaining they can't get people. That there is a shortage. All the while cutting compensation. Well gee whiz, I wonder why that is ?

So then you get to a point where you have to do something to get people in the door. So you offer a signing bonus in areas you cannot find anyone. Big cities, oil fields, whatever.

If you work 3000 hours a year. Which if they are that short handed you probably will. That's gonna be a dollar an hour. Not mind blowing. But enough to get peoples attention.

The thing is, as soon as they get the money, they will quit. And take advantage of some other companies new guy starting bonus.

A program like this increases turn over. Instead of hiring people for a career. You hire them until they get the bonus.

I don't see it as a driver shortage. I see it as a SHORTAGE OF DRIVER FREINDLY COMPANYS. The mind set of cooperations have changed to taking care of the people that built and maintain your company to cooperate greed. It's all about the stock price and how much cooperate heads can put in their pockets. Do you think that out heads in Ann Arbor are worth 2-4 million in bonus money and stock options while you get $550 after taxes? And, your the one that did all the work.