XPO | $$$$ To retain 3year and under drivers

The people you speak of are not on the payroll as employees, you are trying to make an apples to oranges comparison. I see hypocrisy this way. If a man is unwilling to let let outsiders into his house to give up a portion of control to them, then he should not want to get into the house of another and force that entity into giving up a portion of control either.

Rush Limbaugh works for Clear Channel Communacations. Sean Hannity works for Fox News. It appears to be all apples.
Websters definition of hypocrisy: A pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religous beliefs or principles etc., that one does not truly possess. ie. A contract is necessary for me, but you don't need one.

A lot of people distrust the Teamsters more than they distrust our company and the people running it. That is understandable because the Teamsters have a bad rap, a well earned bad rap. I believe that all working people should organize. Us, FredEx, OD, Wal-Mart, Burger King, everybody that punches a clock should organize because I believe it is in our best interest. The Teamsters are not the greatest Union but they are the Union of truckers and our only option. Don't get me wrong, I am a company man, I am grateful for my job, I bleed blue when it comes it down to it. That being said, I want a contract.

A lot of people distrust the Teamsters more than they distrust our company and the people running it. That is understandable because the Teamsters have a bad rap, a well earned bad rap. I believe that all working people should organize. Us, FredEx, OD, Wal-Mart, Burger King, everybody that punches a clock should organize because I believe it is in our best interest. The Teamsters are not the greatest Union but they are the Union of truckers and our only option. Don't get me wrong, I am a company man, I am grateful for my job, I bleed blue when it comes it down to it. That being said, I want a contract.
Think we can get a unionized moderator to go along with a contract ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rush Limbaugh works for Clear Channel Communacations. Sean Hannity works for Fox News. It appears to be all apples.
Websters definition of hypocrisy: A pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religous beliefs or principles etc., that one does not truly possess. ie. A contract is necessary for me, but you don't need one.
How 'bout you go back to work, so you don't have all this time to watch TV.

How 'bout you go back to work, so you don't have all this time to watch TV.

I would love to go back to work, but when I tell em I would come in when I decide to get up and only days when I have nothing else to do, there not interested.LOL

It's not unique to con-way. Companies are complaining they can't get people. That there is a shortage. All the while cutting compensation. Well gee whiz, I wonder why that is ?

So then you get to a point where you have to do something to get people in the door. So you offer a signing bonus in areas you cannot find anyone. Big cities, oil fields, whatever.

If you work 3000 hours a year. Which if they are that short handed you probably will. That's gonna be a dollar an hour. Not mind blowing. But enough to get peoples attention.

The thing is, as soon as they get the money, they will quit. And take advantage of some other companies new guy starting bonus.

A program like this increases turn over. Instead of hiring people for a career. You hire them until they get the bonus.
Just looking in over you guys shoulder a bit. But I would guess if in fact CW is going to give out that sort of bonus, it will take someone probably 3 years to get it all. The truckload carriers have been trying to scam drivers like this for a long time too. In this industry it has been, and always will be a shortage of pay and benefits.

Just looking in over you guys shoulder a bit. But I would guess if in fact CW is going to give out that sort of bonus, it will take someone probably 3 years to get it all. The truckload carriers have been trying to scam drivers like this for a long time too. In this industry it has been, and always will be a shortage of pay and benefits.
Yeah, no kidding, they're not just going to hand over a check like that after one year. What they need to do is hire people closer to top pay. That's when they'll stay..maybe.

Yeah, no kidding, they're not just going to hand over a check like that after one year. What they need to do is hire people closer to top pay. That's when they'll stay..maybe.

Paying us more couldn't hurt any either? More money is never a bad thing me thinks.

I once heard a saying that goes something like this. I wise man should not argue with a fool because when it's all said and done, both men come off looking like fools. So I'm going to quit now.

I once heard a saying that goes something like this. I wise man should not argue with a fool because when it's all said and done, both men come off looking like fools. So I'm going to quit now.

I'm not sure where he's being a fool... I'm not a union man but his previous post does carry some merit in my opinion.

Too late, you already appear the fool.

I am thinking he was referring to the lack of virtuous character and principles etc. shared by yourself and those mentioned.

See you think yourself and Hannity and Rush are all the same. And it appears hammerdownat62 thinks so also.

So he isn't going to argue with you calling yourself the kettle. Or the pot. Or whatever else you like.

Which makes this last post by you all the more confounding. Can you possibly be THAT clueless ?

I think you can. Well, I KNOW you can.

I am thinking he was referring to the lack of virtuous character and principles etc. shared by yourself and those mentioned.

See you think yourself and Hannity and Rush are all the same. And it appears hammerdownat62 thinks so also.

So he isn't going to argue with you calling yourself the kettle. Or the pot. Or whatever else you like.

Which makes this last post by you all the more confounding. Can you possibly be THAT clueless ?

"I am thinking" please don't do a job your not qualified for.

Confounding ? What.. Your increasing the confusing by speaking for someone else and that's the direction of cluelessness so You might want to look up the meaning of lack of virtuous character and principles then stare into a mirror for about 20 minutes before you assume what others are thinking by applying the lack of irrelevancy ..!
Come on speeds is rookie stuff and I know you want to be just like united1 to maintain a positive attitude and a healthy career into the future.

Confounding ? What.. Your increasing the confusing by speaking for someone else and that's the direction of cluelessness so You might want to look up the meaning of lack of virtuous character and principles then stare into a mirror for about 20 minutes before you assume what others are thinking by applying the lack of irrelevancy ..!
Come on speeds is rookie stuff and I know you want to be just like united1 to maintain a positive attitude and a healthy career into the future.

None of that makes any bit of sense.

Hammer was unwilling to look foolish.

I am a dumb buck in a big truck. If I can help you feel and look stupid. SWEET !

What does united have that I want ? This guy is why I hope I die before I get old.

Speeds was right regarding my last post.