TForce | To the old M/C guys

imported_Dreemer

TB Lurker
Credits
Have you the old M/C guys notice that a lot of our equipment is disappearing and being replaced bye O junk? Especially our nice lightweight Eagle gears. I wish the O guys would stop, well I guess I'd do the same. Like those gears do ya?:wavey:

Dreemer said:
Have you the old M/C guys notice that a lot of our equipment is disappearing and being replaced bye O junk? Especially our nice lightweight Eagle gears. I wish the O guys would stop, well I guess I'd do the same. Like those gears do ya?:wavey:

I have noticed we have been pulling at least one MC pup back from FON to the east coast,and have seen a ton of them heading east...several O sleepers pulling two MC pups.

I thought maybe they were taking them somewhere on the east coast to be auctioned off,so they can replace them with the silver UPS Freight pups.
Atleast they should be able to get something out of them...unlike the old O pups which will probably go straight to the scrap pile.

Hopefully UPS can get our loaders and jockeys to care about our equipment.
I have seen quite a few of our new Dane's that came in after the aquisition(the ones they didn't label with O)that already look like they have been in service for 30 years..

I've been seeing Motor Cargo pups up north also..

and they don't have any of those nose poles that give us such fits for trying to put them up or down when they are bent.
Because some one smacked them at another terminal.

Insted of fixing them,they send them on through the system for others to deal with.

As far as I'm concerned we'll take all the Motor Cargo pups you want to send up north,and you can keep ours.

as far as those eagle dollies, you can push every one of those foul handling pieces of crap off the Golden Gate.Every time Iget one of those transverse sprung junkers in a crosswind....whew hang on nellie!!

Keep 'em under 60 and you'll be fine !

I do have to say that the drop nose dollies we ( ups ) use are counterweighted well . Not so bad to move by hand as long as you are on flat ground .

nightprowler said:
Keep 'em under 60 and you'll be fine !

I do have to say that the drop nose dollies we ( ups ) use are counterweighted well . Not so bad to move by hand as long as you are on flat ground .

NP they move very good on "not so flat" ground too.
I had one get away from me in Stratford CT, put two other dollies out of service, after it crashed into the pile. LOL

Apostolic said:
and they don't have any of those nose poles that give us such fits for trying to put them up or down when they are bent.
Because some one smacked them at another terminal.

Insted of fixing them,they send them on through the system for others to deal with.

As far as I'm concerned we'll take all the Motor Cargo pups you want to send up north,and you can keep ours.

That's why I'll grab a MC trailer when I can no pole in front. But most of the MC trailers I have to take to the shop before I can leave. LOL!

I really prefer our con-gear to theirs. We have the air filled wheels and it really helps moving the gear around.

I remember some real unwanted overnite tractors...

I don't know how many of you posters on the UPSF board works the city like me?

But can any of you recall the little cabover single axle (B) model Macks that had a duplex tranny with the daul sticks?

What a real fantastic design for a power unit.

Sifting two gear shifts,and trying to steer while your doing it.
Not a very safe practise in my book.

I'm glad we didn't have to use them for very long.

Than another beauty was the (R) model Macks the side spoilers were so wide you had to stand one foot on the drivers side fuel tank hanging out the door,to see to back up to a dock if you didn't have enough room to make a straight shot at it.
The other funny thing about them was you always felt like you were driving off the right side of the road,because of the offset cab.

I have to laugh when I hear any of the younger drivers complaing about their rides now days.
They don't know how good they have it in these modern times.

Apostolic said:
I don't know how many of you posters on the UPSF board works the city like me?

But can any of you recall the little cabover single axle (B) model Macks that had a duplex tranny with the daul sticks?

What a real fantastic design for a power unit.

Sifting two gear shifts,and trying to steer while your doing it.
Not a very safe practise in my book.

I'm glad we didn't have to use them for very long.

Than another beauty was the (R) model Macks the side spoilers were so wide you had to stand one foot on the drivers side fuel tank hanging out the door,to see to back up to a dock if you didn't have enough room to make a straight shot at it.
The other funny thing about them was you always felt like you were driving off the right side of the road,because of the offset cab.

I have to laugh when I hear any of the younger drivers complaing about their rides now days.
They don't know how good they have it in these modern times.

Apostolic, not to be picky but offset cabs were U models.

Your right though about the trucks today. My first tractor was a 1968 White 9000. No air ride seat, no AC, no power mirrors, no heated mirrors, air start that if it sat to long you didn't have air to start. Crank down windows. I mean CRANK down windows.
Drafty doors in the winter, plenty of heat in the summer. $7.00 an hour and all the deisel fumes you could stand.

T 251

PS I not going to mention that all the bells and whistles that are in todays trucks are brought to by the Union and contract negioations.

Brotherhood love!

MR.Viking said:
This board is starting to remind me of the FXF board. We were always arguing between east and west equipment.
arguing.... who's arguing. This is just a little brotherhood love! I used to get up in the morning and knock down a couple of cups of coffee to get my blood a pumping. Now I just fire up the old computer and log on here. One or two post later. and man.......I am ready to go. And the beauty thing here is you can come back in the evening too. Just log on and get your fix and then you are set for the rest of the evening as well. No more naps for this tired truck driver. :smilie_132:​

Silverhawk1 said:
arguing.... who's arguing. This is just a little brotherhood love! I used to get up in the morning and knock down a couple of cups of coffee to get my blood a pumping. Now I just fire up the old computer and log on here. One or two post later. and man.......I am ready to go. And the beauty thing here is you can come back in the evening too. Just log on and get your fix and then you are set for the rest of the evening as well. No more naps for this tired truck driver. :smilie_132:​
That's funny!!:biglaugh:

If fussy Teamster brought about equip.change..

I'll give a great big thanks for that.

But just Teamster complaints couldn't have brought new designs where the truck manufactures would spend mega bucks to re-tool their assembly lines .

Theres a lot of owner operators that are willing to pay for creature comforts.
Seeing their rigs are home to them most of the time.
So don't give yourself to much credit.

I stand corrected on the (U) model Macks.

But whatever the model they were ok as a road unit.
Not very good for city work for all the backing up in tight places we have to do, during the course of our day delivering our routes.

Silverhawk1 said:
ooohhh man please say it isn't so..... the teamsters invented the AIR CONDITIONER too!
No, They invented how many miles you could drive when it became federal law to require AC!!!!

Silverhawk1 said:
Yes, Im going to ask if all drivers could be equipped with safety lap top devices.

Silverhawk1 said:
ooohhh man please say it isn't so..... the teamsters invented the AIR CONDITIONER too!
The Teamsters didn't invent air conditioners, but they did negotiate that all road tractors had to have a working air conditioner well over 20 years ago. Do you think that the Companies really gave a damn if a driver was hot or not? Heck, CCX just got them about 3 or 4 years ago. Overnite didn't have them either until sometime in the 90's.