TForce | To the old M/C guys

stldude44 said:
The Teamsters didn't invent air conditioners, but they did negotiate that all road tractors had to have a working air conditioner well over 20 years ago. Do you think that the Companies really gave a damn if a driver was hot or not? Heck, CCX just got them about 3 or 4 years ago. Overnite didn't have them either until sometime in the 90's.
That doesn't hardly seem fair. The city guys are out in the hot son all day sweating our butts off. you would have thought that they would have negotiated it for them too. :smilie_132:​

I don't use the air conditioner

I'm in and out to make deliveries.
The shock of going from hot to cold,and back could make a body sick.

Besides I'm from the old school of thought.

No matter what the outside temp. is if you fry yourself in the tractor with the door windows down a few inches,you'll feel cooler when you get out.

Try it you may like it.Or Not?

Some times I have the drivers window all the way down and the right side only about 4"
Both ways works good when you have to get in,and out all day long.

I've only had a tractor with air about 2 years,before that none in all the rest of my 41 years in this business.

I'm used to not having it so I can get along without very nicely thank you.

Well, I spent too many years in a piping hot package car. Could've swore the heat was on at times. I sweated so much my socks were weat and my shoes would slosh. So you better believe Im using the A/C every minuate of everyday now that Im in Feeder.

A, you posted that you wear a jacket in a store on a 90 degree day, dont like A/C, and dont want to be union...go figure.

Wassesname whats your point?

If we all agreed on everything,there wouldn't be any truckingboards.
And how boring would life be in general,if everyone was the same?

You have your reasons for organizing,I have mine against organizing.

You put your trust in the Teamsters union.
I trust in God.
When I was a Teamster the Teamsters let me down many times.

where God has never let me down.

I won't hold it against you because of your faith,and trust is in the Teamsters Union.
In my way of thinking this is something you need to feel secure.

My faith,and trust in God Almighty is my security.
Now your not going to hold that against me are you?

Is it just me, or has anybody else been experiencing long wait times to get ahold of dispatch since they moved to VA.

U-TURN said:
Is it just me, or has anybody else been experiencing long wait times to get ahold of dispatch since they moved to VA.
Welcome U-TURN. They have two speeds. Slow and stop. If you don't like slow. They have stop!! :biglaugh: To be honest, I'm a P&D guy. There are many on the board who are Linehaul Drivers. I'm sure they might be able to answer your question.

hugnlug said:
Welcome U-TURN. They have two speeds. Slow and stop. If you don't like slow. They have stop!! :biglaugh: To be honest, I'm a P&D guy. There are many on the board who are Linehaul Drivers. I'm sure they might be able to answer your question.
Yes, A longer wait time on phone. Just like any delay, your time is not important!

Apostolic said:
If we all agreed on everything,there wouldn't be any truckingboards.
And how boring would life be in general,if everyone was the same?

You have your reasons for organizing,I have mine against organizing.

You put your trust in the Teamsters union.
I trust in God.
When I was a Teamster the Teamsters let me down many times.

where God has never let me down.

I won't hold it against you because of your faith,and trust is in the Teamsters Union.
In my way of thinking this is something you need to feel secure.

My faith,and trust in God Almighty is my security.
Now your not going to hold that against me are you?
Why didn't God take care of you when you were a Teamster?

U-TURN said:
Yes I have, I have 3 VIA's on the way home and I'm usually pushing 14 hrs. But at least I don't get attitude from SLC-CLC any more, those guys were getting pretty bad at the end there. I guess I would to if I knew my job was going to be eliminated.

U-TURN said:

UH is this something new????? It has been that way since.....Well a long long time......

steve5 said:
Yes I have, I have 3 VIA's on the way home and I'm usually pushing 14 hrs. But at least I don't get attitude from SLC-CLC any more, those guys were getting pretty bad at the end there. I guess I would to if I knew my job was going to be eliminated.

Can you say hung up on?????????