To Those who whine about advertising

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

All users (except gold members) including myself view advertisements.
    Advertising makes this forum Free for us all
    You have the option to buy out of all advertising for 1.66 per month when you purchase a year upgrade. You are not required to purchase anything, You can look at the ads just like I do. 1.66 per month is the price of a 1 Coca-Cola per month.. That's it, 1.66 Per month

Why is advertising needed... Isn't the internet free?
    Just like you have to pay for internet service, I have to pay for a server that is capable of handling all the traffic this website creates. Don't believe those Build your own website ads for 7.95 per month with unlimited everything.. It's a hoax, that is for your Grandmas knitting website, not a site of this size.
    I lease a Premium Server, with Solid State drives so it moves as fast as I can possibly make it move for you, I could go way cheaper with Disk Drives but with a database of this size, you need a hard drive that can find and pull up what you want FAST... Especially when 600+ people are on at once.
    This stuff isn't free, I drive a truck just like you, I deal with the same stuff as you and I have a family just like you. I have not in years and will not pull money from my own pocket to run a site of this size, I put far too many hours in this website to finance it out of my own pocket as well.
    I just had a long time member yesterday tell me if he can't block my ads then he won't be coming here anymore.. I say to this So Be It.. If you can't do your part here either by not blocking ads or becoming a Gold Member then I don't want you here anyway.. I can't afford you.

I have made many friends here and made some enemies.. Life goes on, I try to get along with people but when people bash because of Ads when I offer them a Dirt Cheap way to help the site and themselves they act like I am a thief.

So in a nutshell, Don't complain about what I have to do to keep this site in the black , I am seriously sick of hearing about it because I am gonna do what I gotta do and if that makes you leave for another site then have a nice life.

Yours Truly
    Jeff

chitownpeddler, Elwood, ESP and 12 others like this.
  2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Some may be like me- I bought a premium membership before the new site that runs out in Sept. So not Gold on here, not sure. I'm a dufus on computers...

Let me/ us know if you need more. Always glad to TRY to help...???

3. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Jimmy G I don't need people to buy anything, All I need them to do is not block the advertising or if they just can't stand advertising, help me pay for the site by becoming a Gold Member

BTW You are an active Gold Member
    Oct 7, 2014-Oct 7, 2015
    Thanks

pilot87 likes this.
  4. albag

albag Pray for peace!

Your site would be a bargin at twice the cost of Gold (premium) membership. I have nowhere near the tenure of some members. But I am grateful for the service you provide.
    Merry Christmas. I hope the blessings of the season are boundless for you and those who you love!

5. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Same to you and yours Albag... I am not pining for gold membership users, I am just trying to make those who don't seem to understand the costs associated with doing this not to mention the time it takes to maintain it.
    I appreciate your support :notworthy:

6. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Jeff, I cant speak for anyone else other than myself, so having said that... I understand the vital need for advertising...it is one of those necessary facts of life to successfully run and maintain a website of this magnitude... We all are inundated with advertising everywhere...... Nothing is free...and advertisments pay for this site so we can use and enjoy it as its meant to be....without charge.... As I've said before, this is a premium site that is the best forum of its kind on the web.... I truly don't understand why anyone would be objecting to the ads that make it possible...But to each there own and I, for one, appreciate the site as it is....

To your continued success!

Jeff, jimmy g and albag like this.
  7. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

I enjoy this site and the job you are doing Jeff to maintain a respectable venue.. I pride myself in watching and observing success of people and from what I see, you and this site will go places.. I will continue to support anything that makes a difference in people and the way they progress... Consider me a "lifer" and hope you never change.. Happy New Year and may God continue to bless you and yours..

Jeff and pilot87 like this.
  8. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Thank you Stark and the same to you and yours my friend

9. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

To any of you tight wads who can't afford a one year membership for $20.00, either live with the advertising that's required to pay for this site, or move along.

10. mud

mud Wonderin'

For $20.00 a year I can help keep TRUCKINGBOARDS cost free to it's members? That's all I need to know.

Jeff likes this.
  11. ESP

ESP Well-Known Member

OK, it is my turn, I paid for the Gold membership, I love it! MY speed picked up and the time I spend waiting is less by far. Heck if I can afford a 60% cut in my pension. I can afford 20 bucks a year, Thanks JEFF !

albag and Jeff like this.
  12. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Thanks for the support ESP

13. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

Complain about a free and incredibly informative website??

Same people would complain about the chaffing of a brand new rope at the gallows.

albag and Jeff like this.
  14. mud

mud Wonderin'

I want to renew my Gold Membership but the link doesn't seem to be working.

ESP and albag like this.
  15. ESP

ESP Well-Known Member

Mud, did you get an answer yet? I am due to renew Jan 1,2016. Tell me how it goes here or a PM, Thanks

16. ESP

ESP Well-Known Member

Well of course, would you like to join us? I can feel that to be a yes by the tone in your typing.:biglaugh::hilarious:

17. mud

mud Wonderin'

No reply yet, always happy to help.

ESP likes this.
  18. tutone710

tutone710 Your Retirement Canceled

:butt kiss: :popcorn:

ESP likes this.
  19. mud

mud Wonderin'

Hey tutone710, you have really been on an internet roll the last day and a halve. And once again, it's their, not thier.
    Always glad to help.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    ESP and albag like this.
  20. tutone710

tutone710 Your Retirement Canceled

Do you have to google the words first to make sure they are spelled correctly ?? Grammar Nazi