Today I had a who built this pallet moment

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Today I was heavy and busy enough. 600+ cases and 24 stops it was a full day. Got done with my last stop right before 4:00pm. Then had a long drive back to the shop. Then an almost hour drive home in traffic, fun! :redface:

Anyhow I get to one of my convenient stores and the pallet they were on had 3 other customers merged on to it and I had to climb up into the bay and take the pallet apart and the warehouse misspicked 4 cases of beer. Coors Light makes 16oz cans and sells them from time to time in a 16oz 18 pack. Well this one store wanted 10 cases. The warehouse packed 6 and then threw 4 12oz 18 packs in there so I'm digging around like I work at Sysco or something (just joking) throwing cases all over the place with no room to work, because I'm in a side loader trying to figure out what the heck is going on! Finally I came to the realization they miss picked at the warehouse so you know that was a nice delay.

What was stupid was they crammed 600+ cases into a 14 bay, but they had one of the top shelves completely, what they should have done, was thrown this stores order on there own pallet would have saved me a bunch of time and then, merged the other two customers, what else was stupid was my paper work this morning told me I would be in my truck and trailer and when I got to my truck and trailer it was loaded with someone else's load.

So I got not my truck and not my trailer and the primary air line on this truck kept wanting to pop out (I wrote it up) and someone mind you this is a new truck too, had spit tobacco chew spit all over the cup holders.

When I got back to the yard one of the leads said "I don't know why they loaded those trucks like, that it was mistake." What I should have done if I wasn't so busy and had time to screw around was switched tractors, that's what I should have done, but then I would have had to find a crank handle, waste time backing the one truck out and it would have lead to other screwy things down the line, but stupid really.