Estes | Today's meeting...

We were told the salary positioned employees took a cut also. They are getting a one day a week cut in pay. They are also getting one day off each week. Sounds like a 3 day weekend to me.

We were told the salary positioned employees took a cut also. They are getting a one day a week cut in pay. They are also getting one day off each week. Sounds like a 3 day weekend to me.

are you sure it was a week, we were told one day a month.

And if you are laid-off the only way you come back is as a NEW HIRE!!!! This company over the last year has shown it could give a rat's :eck13: about its drivers.

So true. O'l Rob A man of the peons :eck13:. Sorry man of the people. :ranting2: And all heart.:biglaugh:

It mostly depends on the tm. If he puts new hire on the application then your a new hire. If he puts re hire then you get all of your stuff back. Only until 90 days. After 90 days you lose everything (even seniority) but you can get your health care back within 12 months. That's what i'm told anyhow but I seem to get different answers at different places. I've been checking because I hear they are fix'n to wipe out the south next and that would put me on the unemployment line. lol

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling Richmond isn't done taking from us. The picture painted to us wasn't bad, but the responses from questions asked after the brainwashing video led most of us to believe its going to get pretty bad. Telling us we might want to try and build a nest egg and that firings are more than likely still going to happen at terminals that aren't breakbulks. I'm still trying to figure out why we're years behind the competition technology wise, just how much money we're wasting trying to develop our own system, when there are systems out there that are proven to work and have the bugs worked out of them. I understand an upfront cost might be high, but it couldn't take long for an efficient, almost paperless system to pay for itself. Reducing misloads/overweight trailers, which would reduce manpower time spent fixing these and actually moving freight. I know we've killed this idea here, and when mentioned at the meeting the answer was, well we're working on it. As for taking our personal days, they're still giving them to us.. just wont be paid for them. Which sucks but a day away from the circus is always welcome. I don't use the 401k here.. never have, my brother in law set me up with my retirement plan.. So I was already saving Rob's wallet some money. Salaried management being forced to take a day away from the office once a month seems kind of pointless, when they are salary. So they still receive the same pay, just have a long weekend. (thanks for the sacrifice management) :biglaugh: I guess all in all, I'm saying is.. this whole thing sucks, but I understand.. If we can save some jobs that's what I'm after.. Making sure my co-workers family can eat and stay warm this winter is more important. If our tonnage is only down 5% compared to the industry standard of 15%, we must be doing something right. Keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen.

Brainwashing..The man was pretty cut and dry to me..There are going to be cuts..Isn't that what he said..He didn't have to do what he did..He could have been a coward about it and just called the terminals and told the TM's not to say nothing..And let us go without preparation..Now you know where you stand..If you're at the bottom,you need to worry,if your terminal is out of line with employees.. I don't like this,no more than the next guy..But at least now I know where I am..Are there going to be more,he never said there wouldn't be..Estes tryed to hold this off for as long as possible..Just look at the others..They've been on their cuts for almost a year..I'm with you..I'm for saving as many jobs as possible..Keep the guys we have,working..I think,all in all, that's his plan..

computers

as far as the city goes i dont know how they make production with this computer system, at other companies they know what is going on each trailer and have it listed at the door. the driver can see when he comes in if his load is ready and if not he knows what is left and where to find it to get done and gone. here it is i dont know go ask this person , no go ask this person, lets check the loads we havent worked see if you have anything else.

then wait 20 minutes to download to your handheld. takes only a couple minutes at other companies.

have four trucks with one skid going to same customer and customers get mad about it. they dont know hold all these shipments for this customer for same trailer. all they see is it goes to this town put it on this trailer. when its full load another one.

Day after the meeting an asphalt co. came in and filled the potholes,glad to see the money from the cutbacks being put to good use

as far as the city goes i dont know how they make production with this computer system, at other companies they know what is going on each trailer and have it listed at the door. the driver can see when he comes in if his load is ready and if not he knows what is left and where to find it to get done and gone. here it is i dont know go ask this person , no go ask this person, lets check the loads we haven't worked see if you have anything else.

then wait 20 minutes to download to your handheld. takes only a couple minutes at other companies.

have four trucks with one skid going to same customer and customers get mad about it. they dont know hold all these shipments for this customer for same trailer. all they see is it goes to this town put it on this trailer. when its full load another one.
We've been behind the others for 5 years,that hand held is outdated sometimes it scans the bar code sometimes not. Lets do the math-say you have 20 drivers and they spend an average of 1/2 hr a day punching in info, at top rate. x5 days. Another one that boggles the mind is based on the inbound bills the putor tells them how many drivers you need for the day ok all well and good BUT what about in the afternoon when all hell breaks loose and we cant cover our p/u's? SERVICE IS WHAT OUR PEOPLE DELIVER! when we don't send guys home:TR10driving03:

But don't worry robbie will give it back to us next year.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: and if you beleive that you have been behind the wheel to long.:TR10driving03:

I don't believe that YRC is going down and personally hope they don't. I have been in the freight business a long, long time 40+ years and the changes have been dramatic. If it were not for the unions our pay would be a hell of a lot less trust me. Also am surprised that the way the company is treating employees the way they are regardless of seniority is not right and Robey the founder of this company must be rolling over in his grave at some of the decisions management has made in regard to layoffs. I should be done according to seniority, not at the wim of each Regional director's knee jerk reaction!

Robey would have to roll with the punches, just like the rest of them, or get left behind..Don't fly off the handle now,I have a lot of respect for what Mr.Robey accomplished in this industry..I'm just saying, I'm not so sure, that he wouldn't have had to change too.Also,you have to remember, GI kinda fell in our laps..No disrespect to the guys out West,but he could have either shut it down or do what he did..

Rob doesn't have to do things the way he is. They could get a list of company senority for the terminal they are cutting, and cut the last one they hired and filter the rest of the drivers into the slots that need to be filled. It's not rocket science. I realize cuts need to be made, but i've lost all respect in how they treat those who have been here the longest. This classification BS is garbage IMO

If you remember in '02 or '03 we had the chance to make that change through a vote.. Believeing these numbers or not,we only have these to go by,63% voted NO..If it would have passed, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now..

Why would anyone vote against company seniority. It don't make any sense to me. An eight year old vote should have no effect on the way things are done now. Rob is the judge. He wants rid of the old and in with the new. Just like any other outfit. Same goes for football, nascar, etc. Ya'all need to let TE back in here. He will tell us how to fix this mess.:ranting2:

Robey would have to roll with the punches, just like the rest of them, or get left behind..Don't fly off the handle now,I have a lot of respect for what Mr.Robey accomplished in this industry..I'm just saying, I'm not so sure, that he wouldn't have had to change too.Also,you have to remember, GI kinda fell in our laps..No disrespect to the guys out West,but he could have either shut it down or do what he did..
no disrespect taken but just kind of curious what it is you think he did out west. I don't quite understand what you mean by fell in his lap. ( I guess I'm just kind of curious as to what all the fellers on the right coast and in between were told or heard about how the whole acquisition took place)