Holland | Toledo Velocity

Coldhearted

TB Lurker
Credits
I just started my new velocity bid this week in Perrysburg and noticed that the Lexington driver does not work the dock. After asking several people why this guy is sleeping in his truck every night I was told he runs too many miles and has to have a break. My question is why is this guy getting paid too work velocity every night (I saw his manifest) when he does no work? Could I get away with the same thing? I actually drive 5 miles further each way than him. I don't want to say what this looks like but if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck its a duck. Just Say in!!!

I worked to Toledo velocity a couple of years ago and he never worked the dock then. I never worried about it, I did my job to the best of my ability and got along great with all three Supers. During that time I got to thinking if I had to work the dock anyway, I might as well transfer to the city. I did an have not regretted my decision one bit since. Good Luck with your bid!

Careful going in and out past the cop shop. More than one guy has gotten nailed there. I once had a cop pass me on the exit ramp just so he didn't have to follow me into the terminal.

I just started my new velocity bid this week in Perrysburg and noticed that the Lexington driver does not work the dock. After asking several people why this guy is sleeping in his truck every night I was told he runs too many miles and has to have a break. My question is why is this guy getting paid too work velocity every night (I saw his manifest) when he does no work? Could I get away with the same thing? I actually drive 5 miles further each way than him. I don't want to say what this looks like but if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck its a duck. Just Say in!!!

I had a TO bid a few years ago also and usually did not have to do dock work, it was turn and burn most of the time. The last thing I would do though is worry about what anybody else was or wasn't doing or rat a brother or sister out on a forum for public viewing.

Holland has supervisors to worry about disciplinary action and make assignments, that is what they get paid for.

Well apparently this has been going on for a few years. As for ratting out a brother the management knows of this and allows it because the driver is African American . If this is true is this really a brother??? As for management put down the Kool-Aid they could careless about what is right or wrong. Public forum? Well this is the only place to get straight answers.

Well apparently this has been going on for a few years. As for ratting out a brother the management knows of this and allows it because the driver is African American . If this is true is this really a brother??? As for management put down the Kool-Aid they could careless about what is right or wrong. Public forum? Well this is the only place to get straight answers.

Who cares what nationality, gender, or skin color the driver is ?

If you are so worried about it give Scott Ware a call or go into management. Better yet try talking to the driver and find out his 'secret', then you can enjoy the same work status he has.

I have nothing but good to say about the TO velocity management, they were always willing to work with me and got the job done. But then again I never walked into a Holland terminal and tried to tell them how to run the place.

BTW you do realize TO has a Bowling Green address and not Perrysburg, just want to make sure you get your logs correct.

Last edited:
I have been through TO a couple times and seen that driver work the dock myself but you shouldn't worry what another driver is doing. As long as we keep trying to each other down management never has to worry about us holding them accountable. Remember your teamster oath never knowingly cause harm to another member. You did that when you mentioned domiciled terminal and being nosy looking at his manifest.

Who cares what nationality, gender, or skin color the driver is ?

If you are so worried about it give Scott Ware a call or go into management. Better yet try talking to the driver and find out his 'secret', then you can enjoy the same work status he has.

I have nothing but good to say about the TO velocity management, they were always willing to work with me and got the job done. But then again I never walked into a Holland terminal and tried to tell them how to run the place.

BTW you do realize TO has a Bowling Green address and not Perrysburg, just want to make sure you get your logs correct.

Always talk to the other Teamster first. If you still need assistance, talk to your steward. Never go into management, and never talk to Scott Ware about it.

No idea why your airing this on a public forum. I think your probably a Holland driver, but you may also be an anti union conservative just wanting to air some dirty laundry.

Maybe the real problem is that you feel you deserve a better bid, more money, or just an atta boy from management? Not getting any of that at your current seniority???

Last edited by a moderator:

How do you know they allow it because he is African American?

You have a total of what, 4 posts. One asking if anyone knows a guy named Red Bone, and then this.

Yo
I see a bus driving job in your future. You seem to want to throw someone under it!!!

why is their race pointed out? Is that a way of ratting on him?

COLDHEARTED says it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny how he didn't mention what terminal he runs out of. Would love to know so we could teach you the IBT constitution/bylaws in the parking lot across the street.

He mentioned he runs 5 more miles than the LE driver, check Yo's mileage book and see what terminal that might be. I would but I gave mine away to a new driver that was running open board.

Just sit right next to him and when they tell you to get on the dock....point your finger and say "what about him?" Problem solved! LOL!

Everyone has their own work ethic, you were probably raised a little different than the guy who is screwing off, or maybe he has bent over so many times over the years that the company has knocked the work ethic right out of the other driver. In either case unless it directly effects your job or pay in some way you are probably better off just shaking your head and going about your own business. I do believe in karma and usually if a guy really works the system, sooner or later the system comes back and bites him in the ass.

ZIsTCaG.jpg