Tolling gantries going up this week in RI (2-12-2018)

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
yep, the final blow to truck drivers only here in RI, is the start of the placement of the toll gantries here. the first 2 go up this week on I-95 at the RI//CT border, one there, one further north. if this had gone up on a ballot, i can assure you i'd be voting NOOO......it is (to me and the local trucking association, arbitrary to toll only one segment of road users). but i can assure you that our current goobner will again not get my vote in the upcoming elections. she's a twit. never liked her.

Now, the goobner of CT has been saying that HE WANTS to install tolls in his state, due to "congestion".

he went on to say (paraphrasing it here) that as it is now, there are way too many cars/trucks on CT roads, well no crap Sherlock, I-95 is a major thoroughfare to the east coast!

so the fun times are going to be starting soon. the first month (it was said) the tolls will be "in test mode only", after that....so by at least summertime, all gantries shoud be up, tested, and ever so willing to eat into your ezpass accounts.

WELCOME TO RI.......AND CT...............!!!!!!

http://wpri.com/2018/02/09/ridot-will-close-parts-of-i-95-briefly-for-gantry-installation/

yep, the final blow to truck drivers only here in RI, is the start of the placement of the toll gantries here. the first 2 go up this week on I-95 at the RI//CT border, one there, one further north. if this had gone up on a ballot, i can assure you i'd be voting NOOO......it is (to me and the local trucking association, arbitrary to toll only one segment of road users). but i can assure you that our current goobner will again not get my vote in the upcoming elections. she's a twit. never liked her.

Now, the goobner of CT has been saying that HE WANTS to install tolls in his state, due to "congestion".

he went on to say (paraphrasing it here) that as it is now, there are way too many cars/trucks on CT roads, well no crap Sherlock, I-95 is a major thoroughfare to the east coast!

so the fun times are going to be starting soon. the first month (it was said) the tolls will be "in test mode only", after that....so by at least summertime, all gantries shoud be up, tested, and ever so willing to eat into your ezpass accounts.

WELCOME TO RI.......AND CT...............!!!!!!

http://wpri.com/2018/02/09/ridot-will-close-parts-of-i-95-briefly-for-gantry-installation/
Wonder what the Gov, would think if trucking companies started adding a surcharge on all freight shipments moving on those federally funded roads???

Wonder what the Gov, would think if trucking companies started adding a surcharge on all freight shipments moving on those federally funded roads???
actually, the president of the truckers association here said that surcharges WILL follow tollings in this state. and that'll only of course, be for RI based companies, shipping or receiving goods.

as i have said over and over, "yoll everyone, or no one".

"they" (the state) tolls ALL vehicles that go over our bridges, so why the separation of truckers on the highways?

actually, the president of the truckers association here said that surcharges WILL follow tollings in this state. and that'll only of course, be for RI based companies, shipping or receiving goods.

as i have said over and over, "yoll everyone, or no one".

"they" (the state) tolls ALL vehicles that go over our bridges, so why the separation of truckers on the highways?
What's "yoll"?
Wonder how many home based companies will refuse to pay?
It will be very interesting.

Last edited:
I saw the gantry on 95s by the "weigh station" Bet there will be a lot more trucks using RTE 2, 1 and 6 to 395. Atleast at night

I saw the gantry on 95s by the "weigh station" Bet there will be a lot more trucks using RTE 2, 1 and 6 to 395. Atleast at night
i think it was planned to put tolls at those roads as well, to pick off the runners. also, weight restrictions will be placed on many more roads now as well, to cut down on runners.