Yellow | Tomorrow begins Yellow Corp's leased properties sale auction!

Woah, legal docket #1397 inadvertently released some critical information & early sales numbers this evening! Terreno Dell LLC, the lessor/owner of a medium-sized Yellow Corporation freight terminal with roughly 70 shipping doors (located at 700 Dell Road, Carlstadt, New Jersey...just minutes away from MetLife Stadium), offered Yellow a $14.6 Million bid to purchase the Lease at this one location - amazing.

Given this much higher than expected offer, if the remaining 146 leased real estate locations throughout North America sell at auction (final day scheduled for tomorrow / Dec 19th) for an average of *just 45%* of this particular sales number...the combined profit that Yellow Corp will receive from this block of properties is over $973M! If the valuation trend holds true (on average), my numbers estimate in the original post above will have been MANY hundreds of $$ Millions too low. This development is exceedingly positive, we should know more soon.

Sounds like a lot of inside information. Is your double top secret job still providing you with information. You’re probably still on the payroll reaping the benefits of the company.
Pal, you might want to go back in the past and find that discussion - as it wasn't with me. I'm an individual investor and acting on inside information is illegal. Everything posted is a mix of public info and heavily researched/detailed numbers estimates, based on significant analysis from all (previously announced / available) details on Yellow Corp and knowledge of the LTL freight sector.

How do you reconcile this with the cure costs needed for the leased terminals?

Also, is that how the sale of leased terminals work? From what I understand, they are not renting it for $x per door so why would they sell it like that?
I don't have a solid answer for you right now, but in the case of docket #1397 (released this evening) for a mid sized NJ property...along with the bid, they submitted a *waiver* of it's Cure Demand. Given the strong interest for many of these high-valued real estate (lease) locations, I would expect many more of the bidders to follow suit. A majority appear to be in sought after locales and the offers are best/highest and final; a "clean" bid like this will surely help the deal.
The per door calculation/comment was to assist in a rough % valuation for the lease profit numbers.

Last edited:
Who in their right mind would buy a lease?
Unless it was for 10¢ on the dollar.
Commercial real estate market is full of vacant space.
Buying a property that can be used, sold or repurposed is one thing.
Buying a lease is ridiculous.
No port, your comments could not be further from the truth is this scenario/sector/decade.

True. He also claimed in other post that his position with the company allowed him to have inside knowledge. His capacity was double top secret ( my words) and he could not say what he did as there were only 3 that did his job and telling what he did would reveal what company he worked for. Top secret information from ice25.
Or is it Ai or Artificial Ice information.
Again, this isn't me who you're referring to. Go back and find that conversation.

Trucking terminals are next to impossible in 2023 to: A. Find Land Thats zoned for transit/trucking use, B. Get the necessary permitting C. Finding anything in a big city like Atlanta, Chicago, LA is next to impossible. They will make a ton of money of the “auctioning” of these leases…..
Bingo.

I forget where the abandoned terminal was near Adelanto, but the marijuana business might be snatching up some of these docks to grow weed!

Trucking terminals are next to impossible in 2023 to: A. Find Land Thats zoned for transit/trucking use, B. Get the necessary permitting C. Finding anything in a big city like Atlanta, Chicago, LA is next to impossible. They will make a ton of money of the “auctioning” of these leases…..
Maybe in these old cities run by leftists lunatics. In the south for example you can build your own terminal just about anywhere that is a commercial zoned property.
Commercial real estate has it's highest vacancy rate since the statistics have been kept .

True. He also claimed in other post that his position with the company allowed him to have inside knowledge. His capacity was double top secret ( my words) and he could not say what he did as there were only 3 that did his job and telling what he did would reveal what company he worked for. Top secret information from ice25.
Or is it Ai or Artificial Ice information.
You're confusing posters.

Iceman25 may have inside info, he may not. He may be employed by YRC, maybe not.

I'm the one who will not say what my role was in providing services to Yellow/Roadway/Reddaway/Bestway and others as there are only 3, and doing so would reveal my employer. I've had that stance since POST #1, October 18, 2010. Has nothing to do with YRC BK.

Where have you been hiding, R? They did move HQ back to Overland Park a couple of months ago. It's not in the "glass house" It's down the street in what I believe was the old MCI building (it might have been Sprint, though). It's leased space.
should have been moved to port-a-potty

Maybe in these old cities run by leftists lunatics. In the south for example you can build your own terminal just about anywhere that is a commercial zoned property.
Commercial real estate has it's highest vacancy rate since the statistics have been kept .
Maybe in the Southwest, but not down here in THE South.